Now we know why Danny O can't transfer to Vandy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now we know why Danny O can't transfer to Vandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I said this board, not this thread.
Got you. As a hater, I've moved on. You can't help but rubber neck at the wreck sometimes, but it ain't even fun watching him duck up anymore. We need a big year of our own coming up. Here is hoping Chandler Whitmer is the answer to our problems, and if he ain't, that Mike Nebrich has improved by leaps and bounds.

Reaction Score
Got you. As a hater, I've moved on. You can't help but rubber neck at the wreck sometimes, but it ain't even fun watching him duck up anymore. We need a big year of our own coming up. Here is hoping Chandler Whitmer is the answer to our problems, and if he ain't, that Mike Nebrich has improved by leaps and bounds.

I'm just not interested in what Maryland or Edsall does anymore, and stay out of those conversations generally even though I read most of it. My main beef is how far people will go to diminish what we've accomplished just because they need to bash Edsall. If we can't celebrate our championships, then we're basically Rutgers without the Helicopter, and we should have higher aspirations for the program than to be on par with Rutgers Football. I wasn't implying people shouldn't discuss him, it was just an observation (not a complaint).

I'm looking forward, not backward. With the coaching transition, and re-alignment crap, I have enough concerns about UConn football to keep me from wasting time following the Twerps or their coach. Others don't, that's ok too.

Reaction Score
The article is not completely fair or completely true, but I take my hat off to the writer -- it is very funny.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The article is not completely fair or completely true, but I take my hat off to the writer -- it is very funny.

It was much less true when it first got posted and she wrote that Edsall made Todman tell his teammates he was transferring.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

She got the main point right, Randy is all about Randy.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Bahahaha! Now that is Funny, got that
Chief Petty Officer Rangoon ! ;)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
RE didn't realize his Opie persona would not play well outside of CT.

Reaction Score

People talk about edsall because there's nothing else to talk about...team went 5-7

Reaction Score
People talk about edsall because there's nothing else to talk about...team went 5-7

We could have gone 13-0 and won the national championship and the Randy Edsall train wreck at Maryland would still be discussed, and rightfully so, he is a significant part of our history.

If you look at thread "views" as votes, the Randy Edsall threads are consistently voted as the more popular threads in the football forum. Anytime someone posts in an Edsall thread that they have "moved on" they are in fact proving the opposite to be true.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yes, anytime someone makes an observation about the boneyard's behavior, it's clearly an indication they weren't interested in the boneyard's behavior, they were actually more concerned with someone else.

What does it prove when someone decides to take 2 conference championships, and try to prove how they were actually ".84 conference championships"?

U

UConn9604

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...21/maryland-edsall-obrien-transfer/index.html

SI chimes in on the O'Brien transfer situation. It puts a new twist on the subject that is a bit of a defense of Edsall. It suggests that the AD may be behind the Vandy exclusion.

Check out the charming first paragraph:

My media colleagues seem to be split in their opinions of Maryland football coach Randy Edsall. One camp thinks Edsall is a self-serving, hypocritical turd. The other camp thinks he is a shameless, ruthless disgrace to his profession.

Reaction Score
Check out the charming first paragraph:

My media colleagues seem to be split in their opinions of Maryland football coach Randy Edsall. One camp thinks Edsall is a self-serving, hypocritical turd. The other camp thinks he is a shameless, ruthless disgrace to his profession.

Or

Franklin arrived at Vanderbilt, energized all sorts of people, and took the Commodores from 2-10 to a bowl game.
Edsall arrived at Maryland, alienated all sorts of people, and took the Terps from 9-4 to 2-10.

Kid is getting boned. Plain and simple, they don't want to see him light it up at Vanderbilt and have Franklin look like a GREAT coach, knowing they pushed him out to bring in Edsall.

Reaction Score
That is a great article. Not a good one, but a great one. And it will be a shame if people who read it can only focus on the parts about Randy Edsall.

U

UConn9604

That is a great article. Not a good one, but a great one. And it will be a shame if people who read it can only focus on the parts about Randy Edsall.

I thought the same thing myself, and it shows that when it comes to college sports, the biggest egos are frequently not even in the Athletic Department. The knee-jerk reaction is to label Edsall a control freak who doesn't want the guy who wanted his job to look better than him. When you dig a little more deeply, it's easy to see that those who effectively sent Franklin packing to Vanderbilt have a lot more to lose by Franklin's success than Edsall does -- especially Kevin Anderson, who hitched his reputation to Edsall by firing Friedgen and not hiring Franklin to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom