Now Nike is ruining our.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now Nike is ruining our....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm still pissed off that we changed our name from the Aggies to the Huskies. Did Alabama ever change their name, Texas, Michigan, LSU???

Reaction Score
Of course it has to do with tastes. We have different tastes. Neither is "right" or "wrong", it is a matter of taste.

Whether crotchety old men like them or not is irrelevant. Thankfully.

That would be decrepit, crotchety ole men to you, ya whippersnapper!

Reaction Score
I liked the new uni's actually, for a game her eand there. I think some here would prefer the traditional old school basketball uni's with those great short shorts.
images
say what you will, i think those shorts would be pretty intimidating to our opposition. it might help us recruit JOhn Stockton's kids if he has any

Reaction Score
Oh, why did we ever change fro
I'm frankly indifferent. Excluded if it means they are home on the first Monday of April and UCONN is still playing...Sorry if I don't get all warms and fuzzy because Nike does or does not give us some new, hideous tin man uniform that looks way more like Georgetown than UCONN. As far as the "technology" of these and othe runiforms, I somehow think they can be done in blue and white as well as grey and black.

Again, alabam aseems to recruit ok without changin gtheir uniforms. So does Penn State, Texas, LSU has worn the same uniform with minor variations since the 1960s. Michigan has since the 1930s, with the exception of last year's NotreDame game, a decision they wouldn't care to repeat from what I've heard. Ok so it might have helped Oregon...maybe or maybe they had good coaching, I don't know for sure;). Now let's look at all these "new teams" who have won, or even played for the national championship. Well, I guess if you count Oregon, who has been in a major conference, which it has won several times, since I don't know, 1916 or so, there is one.

Excellent point , we should still be in you 1960s unis. The recruits will love 'em.

CarlsonBurr_basketball.jpg

Reaction Score
Just saw the new Unis live. I've been outspoken about the look but sorry to say--- they are much worse than I could have imagined. And it has nothing to do with my age!

Reaction Score
Just saw the new Unis live. I've been outspoken about the look but sorry to say--- they are much worse than I could have imagined. And it has nothing to do with my age!

I have to disagree. I think they look just fine.

Reaction Score
We look like Hoyas... And the red shirts in student section remind me of Snookie U.

The Red shirts are kind of weird. I don't understand that. The jerseys appear to have pink strip on the side as well. The jerseys almost look baby blue as well. Upon a closer look, they really do look like Hoya uniforms.

Reaction Score

Take a deep breath, and watch videos of the UConn Marching Band. The world will keep spinning.

Reaction Score
I am breathing deep. They better keep Nike far away from our Marching Band and our football team.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Your spirit would just crumble if the Pride of Connecticut was outfitted with Nike Platinum unis... I for one would love to see the band wearing those. Of course, I wouldn't be in the stadium early enough to see them, anyway.

Reaction Score
I loved the jerseys... can someone explain the ORANGE student section shirts? Didn't get that at all...

Reaction Score
I loved the jerseys... can someone explain the ORANGE student section shirts? Didn't get that at all...

They were red. But I was confused by this as well. Since when has red been one of the main colors for Uconn?

Reaction Score
They weren't red. I was at the game. Maybe on tv they looked red, but yeah, they were orange.

Reaction Score
They weren't red. I was at the game. Maybe on tv they looked red, but yeah, they were orange.
I was at the game, sat near the students, and saw some up close. They looked orange from a distance, up close they looked closer to red but still very close to orange. I hated the t-shirts. Still love the uniforms

Reaction Score
I have to assume someone screwed up in ordering the shirts and that they were supposed to be red or something.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I'm as old-skool as they come, but to me the best-looking 'new' cfb uni right now is Ohio U. Hot design, plus they somehow managed to incorporate the school's primary color into the deal. Now THAT'S the way to update your threads, imho.

Coincidentally, Ohio has scored some major coups in recruiting recently. Is there a connection?...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Picture of the shirts over the chairs awaiting the students, and another pic of the students in the background. Definitely orange.

67715264.jpg
67715429.jpg

Reaction Score
The new uniforms looked nice. I'm guessing they are an alternative uniform (just something to mix it up a bit). This is the way of sport marketing these days, embrace it, don't fight it). Like to see the football team come up with a special helmet and/or uniform for occasions. Otherwise UConn uniforms are good - Blue jersey, blue pants #1, Blue jersey, white pants #2 and White jersey, blue pants #3.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought the uni's made the numbers hard to see in person. That's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom