Now I'm really worried about upcoming games | The Boneyard

Now I'm really worried about upcoming games

Reaction Score
After tonight's game, don't see how they'll beat UCLA, Louisville, Depaul and Marquette (next 4 games). 3 of these games are home at least. But, no one is going to be scared or intimidated with the team as constructed and playing now. I think they lose to UCLA and Louisville and then split last two. Hope I'm wrong!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You had to know watching this team over the past two seasons that they were not very good behind Bueckers.

They’re just very ordinary players playing alongside a very, very good player. Taking her away was not going to go well for us.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You had to know watching this team over the past two seasons that they were not very good behind Bueckers.

They’re just very ordinary players playing alongside a very, very good player. Taking her away was not going to go well for us.
That’s the thing- they’re not ordinary. Geno’s got 3 #1ranked kids out of high school, a #2, and 2 #5 ranked kids. But playing without their point guard and emotional leader left them rudderless

Reaction Score
And Paige may be out all year- it's a possibility. I hope Geno can figure out some better offensive sets/plays, at least he should get some of the other injured players back which should help. But how pathetic there offense looks now!

sun

Reaction Score

They didn't play well but it's still the same team that went to the Final Four.
Teams are just like individuals, they have their ups and downs.
Tonight they had a lot of individual downs.
Their arrow will eventually point back up again.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I see all the long term records falling. Already not losing to unraked team (240 straight) has fallen. Next will be not losing two in a row. Then not losing in conference. Then falling out of top ten ranking. Then what?

Reaction Score

That and what appears to be a number of
Players who are not comfortable at all
In pressure situations

Reaction Score
That’s the thing- they’re not ordinary. Geno’s got 3 #1ranked kids out of high school, a #2, and 2 #5 ranked kids. But playing without their point guard and emotional leader left them rudderless
That just goes to show what those rankings are worth. It doesn’t matter what you were ranked coming out of high school. It matters what you do in college.

Reaction Score
I see all the long term records falling. Already not losing to unraked team (240 straight) has fallen. Next will be not losing two in a row. Then not losing in conference. Then falling out of top ten ranking. Then what?
Then you can say that you were a "fan" when UConn had the worst team in history.

Reaction Score
Not getting to the FF. No way that’s happening this year.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
Under the current circumstances...and until the team gets healthy...I would push tempo and sub often. Right now...the half court offense isn't ready. And that was even before Paige was injured. CW and Evina had to play too many minutes. They were gassed. Free Amari!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Let's just hope this is rock bottom for this team.

It's hard to play for UConn. It's hard to play for Geno. The demands of this program and the attention it receives is well beyond that of other programs. If Georgia Tech loses no one cares that much. If UConn loses it's a headline on Sportscenter.

Some players can handle the pressure; some struggle with it. Paige had a way of taking some of the pressure off her teammates. They were lost without her tonight.

This loss falls on the coaches and the players. They need to regroup. They should not be as bad as they looked tonight.

Day at a time, game at a time.

Reaction Score
I think it will be a fun journey to watch some players learn how to play without Buckers, others return from injury to bring different skills, and see chemistry build over time. Yes, tonight was ugly, and UCLA, Louisville, Marquette, and Depaul will present some equally ugly moments. But I think there is nowhere to go but up from tonight. If players return in a staggered pattern, we'll see a lot of different versions of this years roster.

Muhl will bring a ball handler back into the mix. Azzi will help strengthen the outside shooting. Aubrey will help jumpstart the transition game. And if Paige ever returns, well, you already know what she brings.

Reaction Score
That just goes to show what those rankings are worth. It doesn’t matter what you were ranked coming out of high school. It matters what you do in college.
Agree with you 100%. Their recruitment has been bad. Now other teams are getting the right ones including from the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
I was all wrong about this team. I thought they were very good players who weren’t playing well because they were watching the Paige show and didn’t have to do much. I thought they would show their excellence when there was no Paige. Turns out GT had players just as good if not better and There are plenty of teams out there equal or better than GT.

GT plays great defense and we made it easy for them to do it. If we have the greatest coach who ever lived, time to show us.

JBK

Reaction Score
Yeah. I'm expecting a losing streak. I'm not sure how long. Who would have thought in October?!
We have way too much talent to go into a losing streak
Christyn Williams - # 1 high school player
Evina Westbrook - # 1
Olivia - # 5
Caroline -# 5
Edwards. Olympic athlete.
No wonder we are playing in the next month has the talent.
Let’s get their confidence restored and let’s Gooooooo

JBK

Reaction Score

Stop. Check the backgrounds of this team
They can play. Let’s stop talking about Paige for a month - that’s the problem

Reaction Score
Being highly ranked out of high school does not mean what it used too. With the year round BB and almost every player having a personal trainer working with them one on one since middle school, there are more talented players available out of high school who might not have gotten the PR than the ranked players. Also some players peak earlier than others. Every now and then you get a player like Paige who actually does stand out. Mostly though, there are a lot of players who are about equal in skill, just more of them than there used to be.

As I have been posting for some time, There are a lot of really talented players out there playing for teams with less coverage that are as good or sometimes even better that those that have the reputation. Most fans only get to see the players on their own team or the ones on other high profile teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom