November unkind to TN | The Boneyard

November unkind to TN

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Nov 5th #1 ranked TN football looses to Georgia 27-13
Nov 8th #5 ranked Lady Vols lose to Ohio State 87-75
Nov 13 #11 ranked TN Mens basketball loses to unranked Colorado 78-66

Is it wrong to derive so much satisfaction from this?
Is it wrong to read VolNation just to soak up the misery and despair of the posters there?

Maybe is it, but as Popeye says "I yam what I yam"

Reaction Score
Is it wrong to derive so much satisfaction from this?
Is it wrong to read VolNation just to soak up the misery and despair of the posters there?

That is the exact reason that I read the Vol board. While I have no rooting interest one way or the other about football, or men’s basketball (although I once worked a Rick Barnes basketball camp, and he was a really nice guy), I only read the woman’s board. I love reading about their pain and suffering. I also love the irrationality of some of their posts, they are a thing of beauty. There has never one time in the history of women’s basketball been a bad referee call that went in Tennessee’s favor. Also, I love how some are already calling for their current coach’s head. Sometimes, I believe their site is a satire site. Oh, by the way, I sense that they have a mild dislike of Uconn’s coach.

Note: However, for the first time ever, I will root for them - against South Carolina.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
1668380928581.gif

Some folks on this board are mystified at those of us with an intense hatred of all things related to Tennessee women's basketball. I'm shocked that they are mystified LOL. I will NEVER shed a tear for anything awful that happens to that program (with the exception of injuries and health challenges etc.).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
View attachment 80659

Some folks on this board are mystified at those of us with an intense hatred of all things related to Tennessee women's basketball. I'm shocked that they are mystified LOL. I will NEVER shed a tear for anything awful that happens to that program (with the exception of injuries and health challenges etc.).
A lot of them may not now that posters on the boneyard were included in Tennessee’s frequent complaints to the NCAA. The fact that women’s basketball actually became relevant for a brief shining moment makes a little schadenfreude worth the bother again.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A early loss in a basketball season. Doesn't mean you team is bad. Pat had several real good teams that had a early loss. Harper put a tough schedule together. In football the team came out and put-up big numbers 66 points 724 yards. Not bad after a loss huh. I think the real question is What's happened to Alabama? They are out of the college football playoffs :D:D:D

CL82

Reaction Score
A early loss in a basketball season. Doesn't mean you team is bad. Pat had several real good teams that had a early loss. Harper put a tough schedule together. In football the team came out and put-up big numbers 66 points 724 yards. Not bad after a loss huh. I think the real question is What's happened to Alabama? They are out of the college football playoffs :D:D:D
i follow back the bachelor GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
And so much for Tennessee scheduling tough opponents :rolleyes:
Number 19th ranked Liberty would say otherwise. ;)

Seriously, the job Jim Mora has done has been amazing, especially when you consider that for the bulk of the season our QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1 and WR2 along with eight other players on the two deep have all been out due to injury. We still have a long way to go, but the progress in year one has been amazing.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Number 19th ranked Liberty would say otherwise. ;)

Seriously, the job Jim Mora has done has been amazing, especially when you consider that for the bulk of the season our QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1 and WR2 along with eight other players on the two deep have all been out due to injury. We still have a long way to go, but the progress in year one has been amazing.
Things can turn around quickly with the right coach. Two years ago Tennessee was coming off a 3-6 record. Now with a 9-1 record.

CL82

Reaction Score
Things can turn around quickly with the right coach. Two years ago Tennessee was coming off a 3-6 record. Now with a 9-1 record.
Things can turn around quickly with the right hire or they can drag on forever with the wrong ones. We have seen both. I am a fairly optimistic guy, but even I didn’t expect Mora to get us back to bowl eligibility in year one.

Reaction Score
Glad to see Tennessee still relevant lol . They have 2 threads dedicated to them on a UCONN board lol . Never surprised to see the new hatred from new posters when they lose lol . Overall they will be fine and better by march with the schedule put together. Its grueling , id rather have a team play every top 10 school to prep for tourney matchups instead of being LSU and what they put together for their "Challenging Schedule" .

CL82

Reaction Score
Glad to see Tennessee still relevant lol . They have 2 threads dedicated to them on a UCONN board lol . Never surprised to see the new hatred from new posters when they lose lol . Overall they will be fine and better by march with the schedule put together. Its grueling , id rather have a team play every top 10 school to prep for tourney matchups instead of being LSU and what they put together for their "Challenging Schedule" .
I’m glad to see Tennessee relevant too. It’s very nostalgic. It’s been a while.

You realize that The Boneyard has a general woman’s basketball sub board that was put up as a courtesy to fans of other teams, right? You will see discussion for a lot of teams here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom