November UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

November UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prentice Beverly reviews of the John Lucas camp from September:

2022 6-4 Janiah Barker Tampa, FL – Long athletic runs floor, showed ability to play all five positions, rebounds well both ends, solid defender multiple position, great frame, nice low post moves. Clearly one of the most versatile prospects in nation regardless of class.

2022 6-4 Isuneh Brady San Diego, CA – Dominate low post presence at both ends, rebounds well, good handles, runs floor, can knock down midrange to 3pt shot, court vision and good passer, Special talent

Reaction Score
Answer: Early signing: Wed. 11/13/19 through 11/20/19.

The same day as the appeal decision?

I think they expect it to take about a week, but I don't think there is set time for the appeal decision and it could happen at anytime.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Bay State Jags just won the Rose Classic and UConn POI Shay Bollin impressed:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
11/8

Aaliyah Edwards, still playing for Crestwood ahead of the pre-Olympic qualifier, scored 24 points on Friday.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
11/9

Crestwood defeated their rival Capital Courts 92-74 on Saturday behind 28 points from Aaliyah Edwards.

That should be her last game with Crestwood for a bit with the Canadians Olympic pre-qualifying tourney beginning next Thursday.

Reaction Score
11/9

Crestwood defeated their rival Capital Courts 92-74 on Saturday behind 28 points from Aaliyah Edwards.

That should be her last game with Crestwood for a bit with the Canadians Olympic pre-qualifying tourney beginning next Thursday.
Any video?

Reaction Score
Given the size of UConns 2020 class, the given fact that Fudd will go to UConn and Evina not getting cleared...will Geno want to add anymore? It’s getting crowded and Geno likes to keep it closer to 12 players. Here are the 2021 current composite rankings.

Composite 2021 current rankings. (ESPN, Bluestar, Prospects Nation, ASGR)

1. Azzi Fudd - will be UConn
2. Olivia Miles
3. Saniya Rivers
4. Aaliyah Moore
5. Amari DeBerry - UConn
6. Brooke Demetre
7. Payton Verhulst
8. Sania Feagin
9. Saylor Poffenbarger - UConn
10. Okikola Iriafen
11. Rayah Marshall
12. Kayla McPherson
13. Taylor Bigby
14. Raven Johnson
15. Rori Harmon
16. Sonia Citron
17. Talia Von Oelhoffen
18. Caroline Ducharme
19. Greta Kampschroeder
20. Teonni Key
21. Jersey Wolfenbarger
22. Jillian Hollinshead
23. Damiya Hagemann
24. Kyndall Hunter
25. O'Mariah Gordon
26. Ari Wiggins
27. Dominique Darius
28. LaTasha Lattimore
29. Jada Walker
30. Jada Malone
31. Bree Hall
32. Destiny Adams
33. Aziaha James
34. Brianna Turnage
35. Lalia Phelia

Some anomalies...

Latasha Lattimore is unranked by BS but is top 13 by all three others.
Jada Walker inside everyone’s top 30 except PN, they have her unranked.
ESPN and BS love Greta Kampschroeder, have her inside the top 12; but ASGR and PN both have her outside the top 25.
Caroline Ducharme is inside top 10 for both ASGR and BS but the other two have her outside the top 22.
For UConn fans, Saylor Poffenbarger is loved by everyone BUT ESPN. Inside the top 10 for all three but ESPN who has her at 17.
Rori Harmon inside everyone’s top 20 except Bluestar, who has her at 42.
Similar situation for O’Mariah Gordon who is inside everyone’s top 26 except ASGR who has her at 44.
Also similar, Sonia Citron inside everyone’s top 16 except PN who has her at 33.

Reaction Score
Given the size of UConns 2020 class, the given fact that Fudd will go to UConn and Evina not getting cleared...will Geno want to add anymore? It’s getting crowded and Geno likes to keep it closer to 12 players. Here are the 2021 current composite rankings.

Composite 2021 current rankings. (ESPN, Bluestar, Prospects Nation, ASGR)

1. Azzi Fudd - will be UConn
2. Olivia Miles
3. Saniya Rivers
4. Aaliyah Moore
5. Amari DeBerry - UConn
6. Brooke Demetre
7. Payton Verhulst
8. Sania Feagin
9. Saylor Poffenbarger - UConn
10. Okikola Iriafen
11. Rayah Marshall
12. Kayla McPherson
13. Taylor Bigby
14. Raven Johnson
15. Rori Harmon
16. Sonia Citron
17. Talia Von Oelhoffen
18. Caroline Ducharme
19. Greta Kampschroeder
20. Teonni Key
21. Jersey Wolfenbarger
22. Jillian Hollinshead
23. Damiya Hagemann
24. Kyndall Hunter
25. O'Mariah Gordon
26. Ari Wiggins
27. Dominique Darius
28. LaTasha Lattimore
29. Jada Walker
30. Jada Malone
31. Bree Hall
32. Destiny Adams
33. Aziaha James
34. Brianna Turnage
35. Lalia Phelia

Some anomalies...

Latasha Lattimore is unranked by BS but is top 13 by all three others.
Jada Walker inside everyone’s top 30 except PN, they have her unranked.
ESPN and BS love Greta Kampschroeder, have her inside the top 12; but ASGR and PN both have her outside the top 25.
Caroline Ducharme is inside top 10 for both ASGR and BS but the other two have her outside the top 22.
For UConn fans, Saylor Poffenbarger is loved by everyone BUT ESPN. Inside the top 10 for all three but ESPN who has her at 17.
Rori Harmon inside everyone’s top 20 except Bluestar, who has her at 42.
Similar situation for O’Mariah Gordon who is inside everyone’s top 26 except ASGR who has her at 44.
Also similar, Sonia Citron inside everyone’s top 16 except PN who has her at 33.
My 2 cents... Another poster suggested adding Tuck type 4s that will allow a 5 like ONO and DeBerry to use their perimeter skills. That person suggested Aaliyah Moore and Rayah Marshall(?), I agree wholeheartedly. We could benefit from some true post players who can mix it up in the paint and withstand the banging without it taking from their game. Kalani Brown, Jessica Shepard, Aja Wilson, Morgan Tuck, all part of the last couple NC teams, all played that role for their teams in some form or another. If we get Fudd and one of those two we may truly be set for the 2021 class. By the way, aren't Poffenbarger and Moore tight?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Given the size of UConns 2020 class, the given fact that Fudd will go to UConn and Evina not getting cleared...will Geno want to add anymore?
I going to skip right over the part you are calling "fact" and and try and answer your question.
Because the guard talent in this class is exception if a guard like Miles, Rivers, Marshall, Verhulst, , Von Oelhoffen, Wolfenbarger, or Ducharme wanted to come to UCONN knowing what they were up against I think Geno would take them. Likewise with a forward like Aaliyah Moore or Hollinshead.
To keep it 100% real though, any of those players would be making a concession to play a secondary role,at least initially, if what you are stating as fact is indeed so.
One other player to keep an eye on is Dominique Darius a very capable player & leader who is used to playing along side of a more highly touted player and still be extremely productive.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My 2 cents... Another poster suggested adding Tuck type 4s that will allow a 5 like ONO and DeBerry to use their perimeter skills. That person suggested Aaliyah Moore and Rayah Marshall(?), I agree wholeheartedly. We could benefit from some true post players who can mix it up in the paint and withstand the banging without it taking from their game. Kalani Brown, Jessica Shepard, Aja Wilson, Morgan Tuck, all part of the last couple NC teams, all played that role for their teams in some form or another. If we get Fudd and one of those two we may truly be set for the 2021 class. By the way, aren't Poffenbarger and Moore tight?
It might have been me allegedly!

Reaction Score
It might have been me allegedly!
Do you know what her actual height is? ESPN lists her at 6-1, MAXPREPS at 6-2, and FIBA at 6-3. Why is it so hard to measure these kids?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you know what her actual height is? ESPN lists her at 6-1, MAXPREPS at 6-2, and FIBA at 6-3. Why is it so hard to measure these kids?
USA basketball listed her at 6"3". I'm guessing closer to 6'2" with Morgan Tuck like skill set.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Timea Gardiner and Janiah Barker (both 2022) are stud PFs too. Love their game.
Agree. I really really really like Barker. She could be Chamique Holdsclaw good with the right coaching.
CD has been down to Florida to see her play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom