November Big East OOC thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

November Big East OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The league badly needs a Providence win over Miami today.

Reaction Score
Is Floyd still hurt or just out of the rotation?

He played the last minute of the first half and just came in for the first time in the second half with two minutes left in the game with PC down 11.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
32-10 (2-7).

Providence falls to Miami.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The conference stinks this year. Part of it is Nova being down 2 starters, which kills the big 3 of Us/Nova/Creighton. Georgetown being a top 3 brand in the league and sucking so hard is horrible. We better pray our performance transfers into non mid major play.

Miller is gonna need some time to revamp the talent at Xavier, but they’ll be competitive this year. I’ve never understood the infatuation with Colby Jones.

Shaka isn’t recruiting well enough at Marquette, which sucks cause I thought he would make them a factor.

Providence just lost to an average Miami team, they’re back down to earth. Hopefully Cooley can use that momentum from last year to recruit at a higher level moving forward.

I think Mike Anderson has somehow gotten away with less criticism than he deserves. His roster construction of non shooters is baffling to say the least. He’s got access to the New York recruiting base, and obviously the rest of New England. St John’s is similar to Marquette in which they should be a competitive team in the 4-6 range, but they haven’t been that good in so long. They need to go big with their next hire.

Butler/DePaul/Georgetown are years away from being competitive. But I’m not sure the former 2 will ever be in this league.

Reaction Score
The big east maybe benefitted as much as any conference from the extra covid years. Tons of seniors and fifth year and grad transfers last year. Most of these teams are just not very talented. Creighton, Villanova and Uconn are really the only teams that have P5 athletes or at least don't look overmatched physically against good teams.

Reaction Score
The big east maybe benefitted as much as any conference from the extra covid years. Tons of seniors and fifth year and grad transfers last year. Most of these teams are just not very talented. Creighton, Villanova and Uconn are really the only teams that have P5 athletes or at least don't look overmatched physically against good teams.
And the Big East was maybe hammered more than any other conference by the Covid year.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
And the Big East was maybe hammered more than any other conference by the Covid year.
This is very true. Most other leagues played close to 30 games; many BE teams only played 20.

Reaction Score
Providence just lost to an average Miami team, they’re back down to earth. Hopefully Cooley can use that momentum from last year to recruit at a higher level moving forward.
Don't count on it.

Reaction Score
This is very true. Most other leagues played close to 30 games; many BE teams only played 20.
Big East was going to get 7 teams in the tournament and Creighton, Nova, and Seton Hall were going to be #2, #3 seeds.

Reaction Score
Projecting the board’s off-season expectations I guess
Maybe I’m just in a mood today but I did not like the way Floyd left and how Cooley swooped him away from us the way he did.

On top of that, he seems to have recruited transfers over Floyd and is giving them a lot more minutes than him.

So it seems Floyd was swayed away and left us to only be in the same position or get even less minutes than he would here.

It’s snakeish and the whole scenario just irks me and I honestly lost a lot respect for Cooley after that happened.

Unless I’m getting some of the information wrong that’s how I feel about it

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m just in a mood today but I did not like the way Floyd left and how Cooley swooped him away from us the way he did.

On top of that, he seems to have recruited transfers over Floyd and is giving them a lot more minutes than him.

So it seems Floyd was swayed away and left us to only be in the same position or get even less minutes than he would here.

It’s snakeish and the whole scenario just irks me and I honestly lost a lot respect for Cooley after that happened.

If Floyd is not good enough for Providence, he is not good enough for us.

Reaction Score
Clingan is an infant at this stage. We have to temper our expectations and give him time as a big man. Think about the bigs we’ve had in the past when we prayed by year 3 or 4 that they could get the job done. My question on him is this, most older houses have 7 /12 to 8 foot ceilings, with doorways lower. What is that like for him? What bed mattress is long enough or shower head high enough for him? His house would need a major revamp.
Getting Stronger would be my chief suggestions. Imagine him anywhere near Sanogo strength without losing quickness . Scary.

Reaction Score

I love Cooley. He’s a great guy. Sorry you don’t like him.

Reaction Score
These dreadful early returns for the league could really haunt the mid-tier teams come tournament selection. I had thought that six bids were possible, but it's trending to 5 or 4.

I still think when it's all said and done the top 4 are solid (Creighton, UConn, Nova, Xavier). We need strong showings from UConn and Creighton at the high profile tournaments this week.

Georgetown's incompetence is tarnishing the conference brand.

Reaction Score
The conference stinks this year. Part of it is Nova being down 2 starters, which kills the big 3 of Us/Nova/Creighton. Georgetown being a top 3 brand in the league and sucking so hard is horrible. We better pray our performance transfers into non mid major play.

Miller is gonna need some time to revamp the talent at Xavier, but they’ll be competitive this year. I’ve never understood the infatuation with Colby Jones.

Shaka isn’t recruiting well enough at Marquette, which sucks cause I thought he would make them a factor.

I think Mike Anderson has somehow gotten away with less criticism than he deserves. His roster construction of non shooters is baffling to say the least. He’s got access to the New York recruiting base, and obviously the rest of New England. St John’s is similar to Marquette in which they should be a competitive team in the 4-6 range, but they haven’t been that good in so long. They need to go big with their next hire.

Butler/DePaul/Georgetown are years away from being competitive. But I’m not sure the former 2 will ever be in this league.
Miami is actually a decent team. Wong is great and they did well in the transfer market with Ormier, Pack and MIller. PC also did well in the transfer market, they're just not packaged as well and Bynum is no Wong. I made good easy money off them tonight.

Floyd transferred to a team where Noah Locke and Devin Carter transferred. Not sure it was a wise choice. Seems like he's 10th on the richter scale. Hopefully he'll get his share in the coming years.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
33-10 (2-7).

Butler defeats the Citadel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics