November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's now official, with the link to the October thread.

HGN

Reaction Score
France, I like the format and info is very informative. Also easy to follow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What is known so far :

I'm not sure why the other thread was closed. Hopefully the content will be merged into this thread.
I find it surprising that Patterson & (Brady Obviously) are the only '22 holding a UCONN offer.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I find it surprising that Patterson & (Brady Obviously) are the only '22 holding a UCONN offer.

I wonder if Fudd's decision is influencing Bransford, Jackson and Rice. I am guessing Betts has an offer (though not official).

I wonder if Hollingshead is on hold until Fudd decides. I am probably not connecting the dots correctly but there was interest in Jillian at one time.

They lose at least two after the 21-22 season. Does anybody transfer (no names please)? Does anybody head to league early?(again no names, just trying to get a feel for how the big the class could be).

How many do they take besides Brady? They could take three but I am guessing they are still trying to figure out what they need.

If I had power over such things, I would take Brady, Betts and Rice and call it a day.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why the other thread was closed. Hopefully the content will be merged into this thread.

Probably because for the other '22 recruits there's nothing more than the presumption of an offer based on their final lists. Brady has committed and for Patterson there were some tweets announcing her UConn offer.

BTW, the information on this blog comes from the Boneyard and social media. There is nothing posted there that hasn't already been posted here or will be by @Sluconn Husky.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably because for the other '22 recruits there's nothing more than the presumption of an offer based on their final lists. Brady has committed and for Patterson there were some tweets announcing her UConn offer.

BTW, the information on this blog comes from the Boneyard and social media. There is nothing posted there that hasn't already been posted here or will be by @Sluconn Husky.
Yea I'll definitely stick with Slu for these things. For example Slu has been telling us UCONN is high on Barker this blog doesn't even list her as a UCONN POI.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder if Fudd's decision is influencing Bransford, Jackson and Rice. I am guessing Betts has an offer (though not official). I wonder if Hollingshead is on hold until Fudd decides. I am probably not connecting the dots correctly but there was interest in Jillian at one time.
They lose at least two after the 21-22 season. Does anybody transfer (no names please)? Does anybody head to league early?(again no names, just trying to get a feel for how the big the class could be).
How many do they take besides Brady? They could take three but I am guessing they are still trying to figure out what they need.
If I had power over such things, I would take Brady, Betts and Rice and call it a day.
There are too many moving part and it would not be wise for class of '22 players to have their decisions influenced by Azzi or anyone IMO. Among the moving parts could be expanded rosters ( Above 15) for 21-20 and new transfer rules where players don't have to sit a year anymore. I was probably the last hold out for the posibility of Hollingshead coming on board but I don't see it as likely anymore.
I'm much more greedy. If I had my druthers I take Brady, Barker, Miss Jackson and Del Rosario.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
There are too many moving part and it would not be wise for class of '22 players to have their decisions influenced by Azzi or anyone IMO. Among the moving parts could be expanded rosters ( Above 15) for 21-20 and new transfer rules where players don't have to sit a year anymore. I was probably the last hold out for the posibility of Hollingshead coming on board but I don't see it as likely anymore.
I'm much more greedy. If I had my druthers I take Brady, Barker, Miss Jackson and Del Rosario.
Some things here for discussion.

I think the transfer rules will impact UConn--they won't take many but will lose some.

If Fudd and Bueckers are both at UConn, playing time for other guards during their time could be limited. Especially point guards. Especially if Muhl is as good as has been hinted. Jackson has to be considering that.

It would be weird looking at a UConn bench with 15 or more players. Geno does not appear to be comfortable with that big a roster.

Barker and Brady seem to be similar in physical stature. If DeBerry and Gabriel develop, I would rather have a multi-purpose player like Rice.

I thought Del Rosario was 2023.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think the transfer rules will impact UConn--they won't take many but will lose some.
If Fudd and Bueckers are both at UConn, playing time for other guards during their time could be limited. Especially point guards. Especially if Muhl is as good as has been hinted. Jackson has to be considering that.
It would be weird looking at a UConn bench with 15 or more players. Geno does not appear to be comfortable with that big a roster.
Barker and Brady seem to be similar in physical stature. If DeBerry and Gabriel develop, I would rather have a multi-purpose player like Rice.
I view Jackson more as a combo guard vs. PG but your overall point is still valid- a UCONN roster that includes Fudd will make make a lot of players reconsider UCONN not just Jackson.
I agree that Geno has not favored large rosters but I don't see him EVER getting caught short again and having to add walkon as he did for this season.
Barker is going to be a wing in college and a nightmare with her size and skill set IF SHE GETS THE RIGHT COACHING. Del Rosario is 2023 I happen to like her a little more than Betts because she is going to be a True Power Post vs a finesse post.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I view Jackson more as a combo guard vs. PG but your overall point is still valid- a UCONN roster that includes Fudd will make make a lot of players reconsider UCONN not just Jackson.
I agree that Geno has not favored large rosters but I don't see him EVER getting caught short again and having to add walkon as he did for this season.
Barker is going to be a wing in college and a nightmare with her size and skill set IF SHE GETS THE RIGHT COACHING. Del Rosario is 2023 I happen to like her a little more than Betts because she is going to be a True Power Post vs a finesse post.
We are splitting hairs here because I would be thrilled with either Betts or Del Rosario. I still, though, can't get the image out of my head of how well Betts played on the U16 team. She MIGHT be able to handle the up tempo game Geno will be able to play with the athletes he will have on his roster.

One more thing I noticed about Rice after watching her on Saturday. In those type of games, coaches typically sub freely with playing time ending up about equal. Rice played nearly the entire game. She was aggressively doing things on both ends that nobody else wanted to do.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We are splitting hairs here because I would be thrilled with either Betts or Del Rosario. I still, though, can't get the image out of my head of how well Betts played on the U16 team. She MIGHT be able to handle the up tempo game Geno will be able to play with the athletes he will have on his roster.
One more thing I noticed about Rice after watching her on Saturday. In those type of games, coaches typically sub freely with playing time ending up about equal. Rice played nearly the entire game. She was aggressively doing things on both ends that nobody else wanted to do.
To split the hairs even further, I view Betts and DeBerry as similar in skill set and Betts is same class as Brady. I like the idea of spreading out these three post over three different classes Deberry, Brady, DeRosario.
Betts played well a USA basketball U16 she was dominant rebounding the ball and blocking shots. However that was FIBA America's. I'm looking forward to her playing in a World cup setting. For that tournament Betts was the tallest player by several inches. Both Betts and DeBerry missed an annoyingly larger number of bunnies during that tournament. Betts did not show the ability to be a facilitator of the offense from the high post which is a must for a UCONN post. Despite leading the team in minutes played Betts was last in assist on the entire team- total of 3 assists in 6 games played.

Reaction Score
Yea I'll definitely stick with Slu for these things. For example Slu has been telling us UCONN is high on Barker this blog doesn't even list her as a UCONN POI.
Thinking the same thing? Barker would be a big plus

Reaction Score
Is there a confirmation that those are the only two ‘22s with offers?

Reaction Score
That’s why I don’t trust any of these blogs. Anybody can do them with no sourcing. Just throw it at the wall and hope some sticks.

Reaction Score

Re: Barker and Brady. They are similar in height but Brady is bulkier. Whereas Brady is a very mobile post with a nice spot up 3 shot, Barker is a multi skilled, slashing wing who excels shooting on the move. They would be excellent complimentary teammates. And yes, Del Rosario is 2023.

Reaction Score

My opinion:

The offers on this site are only offer reported by the prospects.

Geno probably has other offers out there, like Barker. but he and the school are prohibited from talking.

Janiah Barker ain't revealing her offers. Therefore, this blogsite has nothing to report.

She's a Florida gal. No mention anywhere of Dawn making an offer. Yeah, right. Everybody has offered Barker and she is staying quiet.

Reaction Score

I really like this kid more as time goes on. She’s very self motivated and is maximizing every opportunity to improve her game. And it’s getting noticed by real skills coaches as opposed to rankings gurus. She’s going to be really interesting to follow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there a confirmation that those are the only two ‘22s with offers?
No confirmation at all. As it turns out this Blog doesn't have any more information than if we put our heads together and pay attention to everything @Sluconn Husky post. See @UConnCat immediately after mine.

Reaction Score
No confirmation at all. As it turns out this Blog doesn't have any more information than if we put our heads together and pay attention to everything @Sluconn Husky post. See @UConnCat immediately after mine.
Yes I saw it. Sounds like a good plan instead of wasting time with these blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom