Nova | The Boneyard

Nova

Reaction Score
(New) Big East is bad this year. But don’t worry.. they’ll get 6/7 teams into the tournament. Then Nova will be the only team to advance to the second weekend.

Reaction Score
Don't want to overreact based on one game but they don't look good. Slow and not nearly as athletic as their past couple of teams.

Reaction Score
The Big East is looking really weak early on. I don't think there is any other team that can pick Villnova's weight this year. Maybe Marquette? Doubt it!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't want to overreact based on one game but they don't look good. Slow and not nearly as athletic as their past couple of teams.

If that's the new big easts best, then they're going to be... not good. I dare say UCF would've given Michigan a better game. They got starched in their own gym, and the score looks closer than it was.

Reaction Score
Gave up a lot points in the paint in the 1st half, didn't pay attention in the 2nd.

Reaction Score
As people are pointing out the Big East is weak this year. Nova lost 4 players to the NBA, Xavier will be way down, Seton Hall way down, Creighton down, Providence down a little. Marquette is the definition of average, they will score but aren't that talented and never play defense. They shouldn't be ranked. St. John's and even Georgetown should be up near the top and that's not too good.

Reaction Score
It’s like the old Calhoun script...a new crop will come in and develop - and they’ll be back in the national championship discussion in a few years. In the meantime, maybe they’re ripe for us to pick off this year (and in the future as we load up our arsenal).

Reaction Score
Just like Kentucky getting creamed by Duke last week this means little. Sure both of them will be back and nova will be a top 25 fixture this year, likely even top 15.

Reaction Score
Black Wednesday for the NBE. What a bad night. I mean, its against the Big10 teams which aren't bad at all... but 0-3 is never good. This may be the first Gavitt games that won't end up tied

Reaction Score
I watched the second half. They looked like us the last 2 years. Lots of standing around and 1 on 1 offense. Defense was weak. They did not look like the "team" they were last year with all the ball movement. So, let's see how good a coach Mr. Wright is and how much this team improves come March.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I watched the second half. They looked like us the last 2 years. Lots of standing around and 1 on 1 offense. Defense was weak. They did not look like the "team" they were last year with all the ball movement. So, let's see how good a coach Mr. Wright is and how much this team improves come March.

So we shouldn't pencil in our game vs Nova next month as a guaranteed loss like some said ?

Reaction Score
#18 destroyed #8. By rights their rankings should be completely reversed next week or worse.

Reaction Score
Without Paschal they are not really good. They will need that #2 ranked recruiting class next year for sure. Gillespie is ok but don't like him at all. Booth only one that can handle any of our guards, Quinerly ok but has a ways to go.

Don't count them out he's a good coach they can and probably will get a lot better. But for now I was really happy watching them get ripped up I admit that.

By the way both teams were pretty awful in the 2nd half. Michigan was just on a roll 1st half and Nova couldn't run any offense.

Reaction Score
It is insanity to question Jay Wright after one bad loss to a ranked team. How short term is your memory of you've forgotten the last 3 years already?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't count them out he's a good coach they can and probably will get a lot better. But for now I was really happy watching them get ripped up I admit that.

By the way both teams were pretty awful in the 2nd half. Michigan was just on a roll 1st half and Nova couldn't run any offense.

Personally I'd rather them be world beaters cause our SOS needs all the help it can get.

Really though, all these early games don't tell us much other than Duke is ridiculous. College ball is so rough these days that the first part of the season's a tossup.

Reaction Score
Personally I'd rather them be world beaters cause our SOS needs all the help it can get.

Really though, all these early games don't tell us much other than Duke is ridiculous. College ball is so rough these days that the first part of the season's a tossup.
I'll hope they play Princeton in the first round and lose something like 45-49.

Reaction Score
It is insanity to question Jay Wright after one bad loss to a ranked team. How short term is your memory of you've forgotten the last 3 years already?

If it's a bell curve, Wright's due for one more good year out of the next 13. He didn't become a genius there until the last 5 years, or about when we left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom