Nova/Xavier game tonight, who you like? | The Boneyard

Nova/Xavier game tonight, who you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously a huge big east matchup tonight in Nova and Xavier...

I heard some of you like Xavier to go to the final four.

To me they are another system team similar to Kansas and that scares me when you talk about tournament play....

The one difference I see on this Xavier team is the freshmen point guard Edmond Sumner, he is a great talent and is the one guy who can create his own shot and get all the way to the rim off the bounce. If they do make a deep run he will be the reason why.

Love Xavier tonight at home in a payback game, remember the first matchup Sumner was carried off in a stretcher within the first 5 mins.

Your thoughts on the game and both teams?

Reaction Score
Sounds like you are asking for betting advice. I wouldn't touch this game too much of a coin flip. I can see Nova going in and winning this game. It should be a great game that comes down to the final minutes.

Nova's guard and team have been playing fantastic lately. I woudnt go against them.

Reaction Score
the Xavier 1-3-1 is legit. Macura playing the top has been very impressive - kid has unbelievable motor. I guess it really depends how Nova is shooting the 3

Reaction Score
Two pretty legit teams. I think this is Nova's best in a very long time. But I like Xavier at home. I'd be surprised if either team fizzles out early in the tournament. Both are at least elite 8 caliper.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Two pretty legit teams. I think this is Nova's best in a very long time. But I like Xavier at home. I'd be surprised if either team fizzles out early in the tournament. Both are at least elite 8 caliper.

Defying all logic, there are certain programs that, no matter how good they look during the year, you just can't rely on to make noise in March. Never say never, I guess, because Nova made the Final Four back in '09 (although they took down another disappointing program in Pitt to get there). I always remembered Xavier as a disappointment in the tournament, too, but looking back at their results they've done better than I realized. Notre Dame has always been one of those programs, too, which is why I was so surprised to see them go on the run they did last year.

Reaction Score
I believe Nova shot out of their respective arses the last time these 2 played. Doubt they play as well but they are home I believe so they sneak out a W

Reaction Score
Defying all logic, there are certain programs that, no matter how good they look during the year, you just can't rely on to make noise in March. Never say never, I guess, because Nova made the Final Four back in '09 (although they took down another disappointing program in Pitt to get there). I always remembered Xavier as a disappointment in the tournament, too, but looking back at their results they've done better than I realized. Notre Dame has always been one of those programs, too, which is why I was so surprised to see them go on the run they did last year.

I think Nova's rep as a March choke artist gets overblown. They've lost three times as a one or two seed in the last six years, but only one of them (last years) was really that egregious. In 2014 they lost to the eventual champs (and a team that was mis-seeded) and in 2010 things had started to fall apart well before March.

Remember, in addition to beating Pitt in the 2009 tournament, they also pummeled Duke. And their 2005 team lost by one in the sweet sixteen to eventual champion North Carolina in a game where they got screwed by the officials. '06 made it to the elite eight and lost to eventual champ Florida.

Reaction Score
X is 0 and 6 against Nova. Eventually you win one, but this is one team that Wright has had their number, and most of them blowouts.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Nova's rep as a March choke artist gets overblown. They've lost three times as a one or two seed in the last six years, but only one of them (last years) was really that egregious. In 2014 they lost to the eventual champs (and a team that was mis-seeded) and in 2010 things had started to fall apart well before March.

Remember, in addition to beating Pitt in the 2009 tournament, they also pummeled Duke. And their 2005 team lost by one in the sweet sixteen to eventual champion North Carolina in a game where they got screwed by the officials. '06 made it to the elite eight and lost to eventual champ Florida.

Yeah, but in the 2014 game with us our best player sat for the last 12 minutes of the first half. They were probably our easiest game of the entire tournament. I don't think they deserve a pass for that. In 2010, they needed OT to beat 15 seed Robert Morris then lost their next game to St. Mary's. Last year obviously speaks for itself. The last 6 years haven't been pretty for them in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but in the 2014 game with us our best player sat for the last 12 minutes of the first half. They were probably our easiest game of the entire tournament. I don't think they deserve a pass for that. In 2010, they needed OT to beat 15 seed Robert Morris then lost their next game to St. Mary's. Last year obviously speaks for itself. The last 6 years haven't been pretty for them in the tournament.
Nova's best team was the team with Lowry, Foye, Ray, and Nardi, w Sumpter also.

Part of the reason they have been getting high seeds the last 3 years is because the big east is not close to what it use to be, so their regular season record is somewhat a mirage.

Even this team, not that good, wouldn't be surprise if they got upset in the second or third round.

No future lottery picks or probably even 1st round draft picks.

Reaction Score
Who do I like? The University of Connecticut.

While I love college basketball, I have no interest in watching the new big east or locating FS1 for that matter.

Reaction Score
Heard on the Fan today that very few NCAA champs shoot over 40% from 3. 45% of Novas attempts come from 3 and they only make a little over 30%. Only 2 NCAA champs in last 20 yrs had more than 40% 3s . I think their regional is in Philly!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Line opened at Xavier -1 and went to -1.5

Now it swung all the way around to Nova -1.5

That doesn't bode well for Xavier backers as it shows the smart money came in on Nova.

Reaction Score
Heard on the Fan today that very few NCAA champs shoot over 40% from 3. 45% of Novas attempts come from 3 and they only make a little over 30%. Only 2 NCAA champs in last 20 yrs had more than 40% 3s . I think their regional is in Philly!!!!!!!!
I heard the same thing.

Uncle Mikey is the best!!

Reaction Score
Line opened at Xavier -1 and went to -1.5

Now it swung all the way around to Nova -1.5

That doesn't bode well for Xavier backers as it shows the smart money came in on Nova.
Like Xavier tonight.

Watch for Sumner to be the difference.

Reaction Score

that caller was @rico_bosco

I'm on Xavier tonight

Reaction Score

they have been real bad of late, having not made it out of the first weekend since 2009. That is in(un?)excusable when you have had a 1 seed and two 2 seeds.

Reaction Score

Xavier was a final 4 team until they met the Dook refs

Reaction Score
they have been real bad of late, having not made it out of the first weekend since 2009. That is in(un?)excusable when you have had a 1 seed and two 2 seeds.

Sure. But I don't think they should be lumped in with programs like Pitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom