Nova v Creighton | The Boneyard

Nova v Creighton

Reaction Score
Nova got the best version of Creighton today. Creighton was up by almost 20 with a few minutes left. I shut it off.

When I watch Nova I'm always shocked by how normal they look. Nobody on their team stands out as a future NBA star. Just a bunch of solid players.

Reaction Score
I know I need to let it go but that first Creighton loss still hurts me. Even with the St. John's and PC losses, having wins against USC and Creighton plus the Xavier win would look awfully good on the resume right now. Maybe the Huskies can take down Villanova and get another good win in the BET and then I'll feel better.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I find it weird how many posters have decided to write Nova off as an L
I agree. We were close with Creighton both times, and the way we played today. I am thinking good thoughts now.

Reaction Score
hopefully this results in the BE gaining more respect from top to bottom. lots of teams have played Creighton close. just wish theyd beaten KU before they imploded

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah Nova always looks like that. I think it may be not all but mostly the system. I watched Bey from last years team in the NBA and he looked like a stud on Detroit. He did t look all that great to me last year. The UConn women are kinda like that except you can tell how good they are in college. They share the ball so much that they never really average tons of ppg. Except Paige Bueckers this year because she has to. Basically Nova doesn’t look overwhelming because they play team ball really well. But we can definitely with everyone back beat any team in the big east/country.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I had Creighton moneyline. Also have some dust on both of these teams to win it all. If Creighton plays like that for 6 games in March/April, they win it all. That was seriously impressive.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Disappointing effort by OP, missed opportunity to use the term annihilated. If you catch Creighton on a good 3pt shooting night it’s over. Not much you can do.
Not true. We only use the term "annihilated" around here when it's not really called for. Nova actually got annihilated.

Reaction Score
Disappointing effort by OP, missed opportunity to use the term annihilated. If you catch Creighton on a good 3pt shooting night it’s over. Not much you can do.
We should consider amending the unwritten rules about annihilation usage. In the event of an actual annihilation we should focus on how bad the refs were.

For example, Nova got totally robbed! Creighton got wicked lucky! if it wasn't for that horrible charge call that shoulda' been an and-one, Nova wins! Easy.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
It was a great game, just watched it now. Creighton's got some excellent players and they were fired up - I think having some fans in the arena certainly couldn't have hurt. Can't wait to see the Nova game this week!

Reaction Score
The shooting yesterday was insane and it still doesn't even touch the barrage of Wragge 3s in 2014 against Nova.

Not saying we have their number by any means b/c Nova has owned the league. There is something about matchups or just blind luck where the Jays have gone absolutely nuts offensively against Nova and have actually been able to blow them out a few times which almost nobody does. Saw a tweet that said Nova has lost by 15 or more 10 times since the realignment in 2013 or what could be considered "annihilated"; Creighton has 4 of those wins and the other 6 are 6 different schools. Funny enough those 4 wins were in the first two matchups in the league and in our two most recent Nova games. Went 1-11 the games between those bookends.

Reaction Score
The shooting yesterday was insane and it still doesn't even touch the barrage of Wragge 3s in 2014 against Nova.

Not saying we have their number by any means b/c Nova has owned the league. There is something about matchups or just blind luck where the Jays have gone absolutely nuts offensively against Nova and have actually been able to blow them out a few times which almost nobody does. Saw a tweet that said Nova has lost by 15 or more 10 times since the realignment in 2013 or what could be considered "annihilated"; Creighton has 4 of those wins and the other 6 are 6 different schools. Funny enough those 4 wins were in the first two matchups in the league and in our two most recent Nova games. Went 1-11 the games between those bookends.
Good to know. Happy to be in the league with you guys. It gave me an opportunity to drive down to Omaha and see my first in person conference game in many years. Close to 20.

FYI, we are gunna win the Big East Tournament. So get it out of your head.

Reaction Score
Good to know. Happy to be in the league with you guys. It gave me an opportunity to drive down to Omaha and see my first in person conference game in many years. Close to 20.

FYI, we are gunna win the Big East Tournament. So get it out of your head.

That's awesome that you snagged a ticket with the limited crowd, I hope you had a good time. I haven't even gotten a chance to go this season yet.

Come back when the place can be packed again! It's usually a pretty fun time.

Reaction Score
That's awesome that you snagged a ticket with the limited crowd, I hope you had a good time. I haven't even gotten a chance to go this season yet.

Come back when the place can be packed again! It's usually a pretty fun time.
Yeah, I'll probably be back once/year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I find it weird how many posters have decided to write Nova off as an L

We almost beat them last year. I’m not writing it off.

Reaction Score

Wragge nightmares continue.

Creighton was great in this last game. It was a 5 point game early in the 2nd half but Creighton was just consistently great. Really no slumps to allow a Nova run. At the point where I expected Nova to tighten the game mid 2nd half, Creighton just kept rolling and extended the lead.

I hope Creighton shows up like this in March. I'd love to see them bring this game against Gonzaga. They will beat anyone if they play at this level. It's hard to put 6 games like this in a row though.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Wragge nightmares continue.

Creighton was great in this last game. It was a 5 point game early in the 2nd half but Creighton was just consistently great. Really no slumps to allow a Nova run. At the point where I expected Nova to tighten the game mid 2nd half, Creighton just kept rolling and extended the lead.

I hope Creighton shows up like this in March. I'd love to see them bring this game against Gonzaga. They will beat anyone if they play at this level. It's hard to put 6 games like this in a row though.
2 more sketchy teams in 'The Year of Sketchy Teams.' it's wide open.
we still have not played a single game fully constituted, as per preseason roster expectation.
not a one. nada, zero, zip, but we soon might. ohhhh, baby, feelin the luv train coming.

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
What sucks about Creighton beating Nova is that we'll be playing a pissed off Nova team that's had all week to prepare for us. Whereas UConn plays Tues night and has to shift mindset midweek.

Hopefully Bouk is back.

Reaction Score
We have to take care of Tuesday before any other game even if Bouk is back or not. Need to build on Saturdays game and get even better, no steps back vs PC. Never mind Nova but nothing beyond them nothing easy at all. Not sure if anyone has been watching but GTown is much better than earlier in the year. If not for Samuels career game for Nova a week or so ago they may have walked away with a W there as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom