Nova Scouting Report | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nova Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Jeremiah is 6’9... I can get Andre but Bouknight??? This will be a job for Whaley, Polley, Sanogo maybe.

Edit: and Akok of course.
Polly on defense?

Reaction Score
Polly on defense?
If people remember we threw him on Etienne (Wichita) in Gampel 2 years ago and he locked him up. Looking to see some defensive effort from him tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Refs frequently swallow their whistles when Wright is on the sidelines. Can we get a fair amount of calls?

Would be strategically significant if we can get them into early foul trouble and dictate pace of play based on our athletes vs getting into a three point shooting contest with their shooters.

We have some bench players whose contributions today could be the key. Think we're deeper than them and if we can get some of their starters into foul trouble. --Really like our chances.

Reaction Score
Refs frequently swallow their whistles when Wright is on the sidelines. Can we get a fair amount of calls?

Would be strategically significant if we can get them into early foul trouble and dictate pace of play based on our athletes vs getting into a three point shooting contest with their shooters.

We have some bench players whose contributions today could be the key. Think we're deeper than them and if we can get some of their starters into foul trouble. --Really like our chances.
St Johns and Creighton were effective with the up tempo strategy against us.

Can UConn match the disruption that Posh brought from St Johns? Can UConn as a team bring that kind of pressure? For as talented as UConn is, I think that’s a difficult task.

Can UConn shoot the lights out like Creighton? I don’t think so.

Conference games in the Big East are not to be taken lightly, as UConn is seeing this year. Nova will respect UConn and this game is certainly up for grabs, but Nova giving 6.5 points feels about right. I pick Nova to win but I wouldn’t lay the points.

Reaction Score
St Johns and Creighton were effective with the up tempo strategy against us.

Can UConn match the disruption that Posh brought from St Johns? Can UConn as a team bring that kind of pressure? For as talented as UConn is, I think that’s a difficult task.

Can UConn shoot the lights out like Creighton? I don’t think so.

Conference games in the Big East are not to be taken lightly, as UConn is seeing this year. Nova will respect UConn and this game is certainly up for grabs, but Nova giving 6.5 points feels about right. I pick Nova to win but I wouldn’t lay the points.
You make some fair points. I think most objective BE fans consider Nova/Creighton to have superior shooters on their rosters.

Play to your strengths and let the chips fall where they may.

Familiar with OBE from Day 1 of that conference so expect this to go down to the last 2 minutes .Enjoy the game.

BTW. Shout out to Coach Talley on his HOF nomination. Started his career at my HS.

Reaction Score
“Do they have anyone that can guard Bouk 1-1? Haven't seen any Nova games”

No, I don’t think so. I think it will be a team effort, rotating different defenders on him from a defensive strategy. Moore, Daniels, and Slater. Nova will play mostly man heavy on the switches, so look for Bouk to find mismatches when he gets the switch he likes. Nova likely won’t help / double much.

Hopefully we wear Bouk down, win as a team, but Bouk likely gets his. You can’t stop him, you can only hope to contain him.
I think this aged well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom