Nova Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I haven't posted in forever and I'm probably gonna get roasted for this but oh well:

I'm so glad this team doesn't give up like the fans do. Down 23 and only lost by 11. Sure, a win would have been better and playing two halves instead of one would have been better but they didn't quit.

All the negativity is blown out of proportion. 15-6, top 25 ranking, and a bid to the tourney on the table. Just chill. Glad the team fought.

Reaction Score
We really didn’t play that bad and Nova was down a key player then lost Gillepsie. Played tough but this team isn’t a contender come March unless we have favorable matchups.

We have one ball handler and minimal spacing and are not as sound fundamentally as a team like Villanova - not much we can do this year.

Play the freshmen, let them grow.

Reaction Score
We really didn’t play that bad and Nova was down a key player then lost Gillepsie. Played tough but this team isn’t a contender come March unless we have favorable matchups.

We have one ball handler and minimal spacing and are not as sound fundamentally as a team like Villanova - not much we can do this year.

Play the freshmen, let them grow.
We played terribly

Reaction Score
I haven't posted in forever and I'm probably gonna get roasted for this but oh well:

I'm so glad this team doesn't give up like the fans do. Down 23 and only lost by 11. Sure, a win would have been better and playing two halves instead of one would have been better but they didn't quit.

All the negativity is blown out of proportion. 15-6, top 25 ranking, and a bid to the tourney on the table. Just chill. Glad the team fought.

Oh. How nice of them to fight after falling down by 23 to a Nova team who doesn't have their leading scorer (and their heart and soul for when we "fought").

Reaction Score
We played terribly
50% from the floor 40% from 3. Got Worked defensively but that’s what happens when you play good teams vs the scrubs we’ve been playing the last month.

Reaction Score
Hurley should give Hawkins a longer leash, he needs floor time. Sampson not having any 'real' experience was unfairly used. AJ can turn it over as much as he wants, Martin can disappear, Polley can also be invisible and Gaffney well .. . . The bench can't do much worse. If he gave the bench some play previous games, they may be able to contribute when others are not. Instead they thrust into the fast lane not being able to change gears.

Just saying play your bench, ready or not. At least 4-5 minutes each game. You recruited them so you saw something, just bring it out. My fear is that Diggins and the others won't be ready come November because they will again be freshmen.

How are you going to develop good players on the bench?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
50% from the floor 40% from 3. Got Worked defensively but that’s what happens when you play good teams vs the scrubs we’ve been playing the last month.
Which is why you need to play a tougher OOC schedule.

Reaction Score

You mean we did have a top 25 ranking. LOL! Also, who on our schedule are we going to beat besides Depaul and Georgetown. Please, tell me.

Reaction Score
85 pts to Nova without their leading scorer and played final stretch without Gillespie.

Contrary to popular believe this is not just opponents hitting "lucky" shots. It's a pattern of poor defense.
85 points isn’t a true indication. Last 6 minutes or so UConn was pressing and gambling on defense and playing much quicker on offense which led to more possessions

Definitely not a stellar performance on defense or offense today. They need to come up with a solution before they head into a tailspin

Reaction Score

Yup terrible take but good news is you called it so there is that. Top 25 ranking is running out the door and Their two best players were either out for game altogether or done for the game and you are taking positives out of that.

Reaction Score
You mean we did have a top 25 ranking. LOL! Also, who on our schedule are we going to beat besides Depaul and Georgetown. Please, tell me.
I sometimes wonder if anyone on this board is actually a fan of sports or if they are just a fan of wins.

We aren't perfect a d have stuff to work on but the sky isn't falling. We were only 6 point underdogs and lost by 11. The rest of our games are winnable....three to four years ago we wouldn't have been able to say that.

The negativity on this board is astounding.

Reaction Score
I thought our schedule was fine for what the team is but Hurley decided we had to beat those teams by 60 playing our 23 year olds vs developing the young guys.
Yeah for Diggins to not get over Gaffney at this stage of the season is a head scratcher. I mean he must be really unprepared to not start over Gaffney.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 2.35.14 PM.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom