willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If Polley misses his first two shots, he's toast

We've all seen this act enough

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
If you didn't see this game coming, you haven't been paying attention.

1. Wright is going to outcoach Hurley. He's the best coach in America and he's been at Nova 20+ seasons. His teams execute phenomenally. They are always greater than the sum of their parts. Right now, we are the antithesis of that.
  2. Until Hurley stops building rosters like it's 1992, Nova will be a bad match-up for us and we'll struggle to beat them. Having two traditional bigs on the floor is playing right into their hands but we don't have the personnel to go small. Polley at the four does not work for long stretches. We don't have enough guards to put Martin there.
  3. Broken record #1: Roster construction is a disaster.
  4. Broken record #2: Not addressing backup PG/having a contingency plan if Diggins wasn't ready is probably the biggest black eye on Hurley's tenure so far. A gross oversight.
  5. Broken record #3: this team is largely reliant on Ollie 3-star recruits and a low-major and a mid-major transfer. We need better talent.

Separately, don't forget that Wright had a slow start his first few years at Nova. Hell, Nova was six games under .500 in conference play over the final three seasons of the real Big East. For nearly 15 years they were largely a disappointment in March. There is hope for Hurley, but he needs to start showing development and proving that he's learning from his mistakes.

With COVID, what's the eligibility impact for Cole and Martin? Was it only last year's seniors who were given an extra year or was it every player? Those two are definitely done after this season, correct?
Exactly, it took Jay Wright awhile.. He's a good coach, not Jim Calhoun

Reaction Score
For those that traveled to Philly, what was your experience?

It’s positive to have UConn in the conference. As Wells Fargo (NBA venue) is home to regionals this year, Nova only scheduled 3 games there to remain eligible to play there in March.

Our 3 home games at Wells Fargo - Butler, UConn and Seton Hall. Game day sales are variable by opponent. UConn is the highest priced game of the three. This is consistent with Nova fans feeling UConn is the best home game on the schedule. It ended up being a matchup of two closely ranked teams.

What did you think of UConn travel turnout?
Our home venue?
Nova home game support?
Your Philly experience?

Reaction Score
For those that traveled to Philly, what was your experience?

It’s positive to have UConn in the conference. As Wells Fargo (NBA venue) is home to regionals this year, Nova only scheduled 3 games there to remain eligible to play there in March.

Our 3 home games at Wells Fargo - Butler, UConn and Seton Hall. Game day sales are variable by opponent. UConn is the highest priced game of the three. This is consistent with Nova fans feeling UConn is the best home game on the schedule. It ended up being a matchup of two closely ranked teams.

What did you think of UConn travel turnout?
Our home venue?
Nova home game support?
Your Philly experience?
Drove up from southern DE, my son down from Northern Jersey. Drive good, parking easy (paid ahead through spothero), tickets pricey, but getting in the venue was a nightmare - long lines. Need a better system for checking Covid credentials. Venue obviously nicer than XL and fans around me were 40-60 Uconn.
Did not appreciate uconn chant by the students - crass and wholly not in keeping with a Catholic University. Was last there 1-18-20. No real difference except getting in and out of parking lot easier this time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did not appreciate uconn chant by the students - crass and wholly not in keeping with a Catholic University.
Can you share it here? You have me curious.

Reaction Score
We scheduled terrible. It’s been brought up in previous threads. Our cupcakes were all kenpom 250+. With a “veteran” team we needed more games early against quality teams to improve. So Hurley would talking about experimenting with rotations in December not February.
In retrospect, yes, it doesn't look nearly as good as it could have been. But if WVU, VCU and St. Bonnie's had played to their own expectations as they had been predicted to be (preseason rankings) we wouldn't be debating if Uconn's schedule was good or not. It would've been clear Uconn had been scheduled extremely well.

For what its worth, the tail end of Uconn's in conference looks VERY tough, with rematch against many of the top teams (Nova and Marquette) along with Xavier twice (yes, they lost DePaul, which is a headscratcher). And that St. John's rematch on the road, don't underestimate that group, they can be way tougher for Uconn than people think especially after overtime thriller a couple weeks ago.

Reaction Score
I am so desperate for any victory that is linked to the Huskies that I am watching the Husky women play Tennessee. At least the Ladies are leading by 20 points with 2:27 left in the 4th quarter. I forgot that the girls games they still mark quarters. Was I allowed to call the women/ lady Huskies girls or will the Word Nasties come looking for me?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom