Nova Mojo Fail | The Boneyard

Nova Mojo Fail

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Took me a while to figure out, but this one was entirely on me.

I am not allowed to wear Husky gear on game day.

Yesterday, after the game, I realized that I had been wearing my Boneyard Challenge X hat, all day.

Not technically UConn gear. But the Mojo shows you the rules.

My sincere apologies to everyone involved.

Reaction Score
Geez prank you just pointed out something that I failed on as well. I walked the pup before the game without a shower but needed a hat. Threw in one of my Husky hats for the trip made it home on time for tip off never took it off. I swore after not having enough time to put on Husky apparel for the Xavier game I wouldn’t again until we lost. Didn’t for PC either.

Damn I started a thread on blaming Bouk for the loss when it was you and I all along. Sorry fellow BYers

Reaction Score
I wore the same shirt I wore to the Nova game last year. Should have known better myself. Mojo spares no one.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I knew we were in trouble. On Valentine’s weekend my gf shipped a huge box from Katz’s deli. Loaded with jars of mustard , Russian dressing a loaf of REAL rye, a chocolate bobka, a bunch of cinnamon rugelach, a jar of half sour pickles , a jar of full sour pickles, and piece de resistance: 2 lbs ( in two 1 lb vacuum sealed packs, of Katz’s pastrami.

so I opened that box for Xavier game and sat in front of TV with this:
3FA2E3BD-D6E7-433E-A747-E5F0973DB240.jpeg

That pic was taken during X game. So for providence game I had the remaining lb of pastrami left and bread and did it again .

meanwhile coincidentally like @8893 I wasn’t wearing any uconn gear for X game , so I didn’t wear any for providence game. I was 2 for 2! Katz’s pastrami and no husky gear= 2 wins.

now fast forward to Saturday morning around 10 am. I actually said this to her. “ I don’t feel good about this today, I’m out of pastrami”. To her credit she said, “I’ll go get you some, where should I go , Giuliano’s ?” ( for you upper shoreline people you know it as a fantastic Italian bakery/ deli in niantic) And I said “ no it has to be Katz’s ( my gf doesn’t eat pastrami) Sadly at 1030 am in old Lyme there was no way to get what I needed before game time.

She understands my insanity ( I mean she was the one who silk screened “ fishy is chief” frowny face shirts last year) so she said “ maybe if we both wear UConn shirts we will be ok , it will counteract the pastrami” . From a math/ programming sense I saw the logic, 2 negatives = positive. So we tried it.didn’t work.

now I’m a mojo mess, was it the lack of NYC pastrami, or wearing uconn gear?! I’m in a mojo black hole right now!

to preemptively answer a couple obvious questions:

1) yes I am completely insane
2) my gf is a patient saint

Reaction Score
Haiku was a mess and U C O N N thread was left incomplete as well.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I knew we were in trouble. On Valentine’s weekend my gf shipped a huge box from Katz’s deli. Loaded with jars of mustard , Russian dressing a loaf of REAL rye, a chocolate bobka, a bunch of cinnamon rugelach, a jar of half sour pickles , a jar of full sour pickles, and piece de resistance: 2 lbs ( in two 1 lb vacuum sealed packs, of Katz’s pastrami.

View attachment 64850

That pic was taken during X game. So for providence game I had the remaining lb of pastrami left and bread and did it again .

meanwhile coincidentally like @8893 I wasn’t wearing any uconn gear for X game , so I didn’t wear any for providence game. I was 2 for 2! Katz’s pastrami and no husky gear= 2 wins.

now fast forward to Saturday morning around 10 am. I actually said this to her. “ I don’t feel good about this today, I’m out of pastrami”. To her credit she said, “I’ll go get you some, where should I go , Giuliano’s ?” ( for you upper shoreline people you know it as a fantastic Italian bakery/ deli in niantic) And I said “ no it has to be Katz’s ( my gf doesn’t eat pastrami) Sadly at 1030 am in old Lyme there was no way to get what I needed before game time.

She understands my insanity ( I mean she was the one who silk screened “ fishy is chief” frowny face shirts last year) so she said “ maybe if we both wear UConn shirts we will be ok , it will counteract the pastrami” . From a math/ programming sense I saw the logic, 2 negatives = positive. So we tried it.didn’t work.

now I’m a mojo mess, was it the lack of NYC pastrami, or wearing uconn gear?! I’m in a mojo black hole right now!

whut? no hammentaschen? mojo killer! i'd like to pin the mojo fail on you, but i can't. in the last 2 games that we lost, coincidently there was no 'U-C-O-N-N' thread, sooooo, there's that.
and oh, real seeded ryebread can always be found at Chavez bakery. it's the family recipe.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Geez prank you just pointed out something that I failed on as well. I walked the pup before the game without a shower but needed a hat. Threw in one of my Husky hats for the trip made it home on time for tip off never took it off. I swore after not having enough time to put on Husky apparel for the Xavier game I wouldn’t again until we lost. Didn’t for PC either.

Damn I started a thread on blaming Bouk for the loss when it was you and I all along. Sorry fellow BYers

I had been wearing my old Block C sweatshirt for the prior two wins. But it was warm, and I wore a long sleeve UConn T-shirt instead. Mojo fails all around it seems. I'm wearing that same T-shirt now, perhaps I need to switch.

Reaction Score
My 2-0 9 PM game mojo:

• Watch the first half live in bed on laptop. No other tabs allowed open, including phone
  • At halftime, close laptop go to sleep, alarm set for 5:30 (30 minutes earlier than normal)
  • Wake up at 5:30 the next day, go straight downstairs to finish game skipping commercials (breaks for morning routine stuff, etc) finish game by 6:50ish.

Reaction Score
We haven't had a hanging in a while. Hmmm. Juss sayin!

Reaction Score

View attachment 64850

I'm not sure how the "mojo" went from you eating ketchup to you eating Katz's pastrami, but whatevs.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
a. Despite popular claims to the contrary, confession is actually NOT good for the soul. In fact, around here, it is soul crushing.

b. I don't have to hang.around here to hear how everything is my fault. I'm married. I already know everything is my fault. I just listen to find out HOW it is all my fault.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how the "mojo" went from you eating ketchup to you eating Katz's pastrami, but whatevs.
Ketchup hasn’t touched my lips since the 2016 2nd round loss to Kansas.

Reaction Score

View attachment 64850

Forget mojo, I'm debating on whether to show this post to my wife. I like being left alone during games, but hell since she ain't doing nothing she could be making store runs.

Reaction Score
Took me a while to figure out, but this one was entirely on me.

I am not allowed to wear Husky gear on game day.

Yesterday, after the game, I realized that I had been wearing my Boneyard Challenge X hat, all day.

Not technically UConn gear. But the Mojo shows you the rules.

My sincere apologies to everyone involved.
I'm not sure if chasing mojo is a waste of time or a worthy effort. I could be convinced either way.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

View attachment 64850

I have tried this two times so far, with the start with a packaged corned beef hack.

Both times it was a smaller 4-pounder; both times too dry. Also, possibly not fatty enough, so I might need a butcher, and then have to do my own 'I fused' spicing. Not sure yet. He's onto something here.

I'm thinking that I'll scout for coupons before or overstock post-St Patty's blow-out sales to find some larger, fatter meat for test kitchen work to get the method tweaked into an easy 'good enough,' and work from there.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Thank god, the truth is out. It turns out Hurley didn’t have a puncher’s chance with clueless Mojo killers like you. . This should put an end to Palatine’s flame throw at coach.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

View attachment 64850

Taking mojo advice from your girlfriend? Is she even a UConn fan?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
No, it's my fault. Traveling to visit daughter in college missed out on GameDay haiku and couldn't follow the chat.

Inexcusable!

Reaction Score

View attachment 64850

Your girlfriend gets major props for this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom