Notre Dame to reopen for fall term | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame to reopen for fall term

Reaction Score
If there was ever a school that sold out 100% of its soul (assuming they ever had one) to The God Also Known As Football, it's this one.
Thank you Plebe. When I played in high school in the fifties three quarters of the team worshiped at the feet of Notre Dame. I actually got into it a few times because I was loyal to the Pitt Panthers. At the time the only bowl game they ever played was in the 1925 Rose Bowl against Stanford. People took this as a holier than thou attitude but it was actually about money. As an independent they didn't have to share and when they finished with a good record they didn't have to take a chance on losing in a bowl game. They finally started to play in bowls in 1970. Why? Well, if there is ever a question about money the answer is always money. I knew a few of the players who played for Leahy. They didn't chip in for his retirement gift.

Reaction Score
I quoted no article, so I cannot send you a link. I watched President Jenkins do a live interview on MSNBC this morning between 9:00 and 10:00 CDT. He said almost exactly what I stated. He said they have much work to do and that they do not have everything detailed, but they are confident that they can deal with the challenges. In fact, he said this disease is not particularly dangerous for people in this age group. I did not try to sensationalize , nor did I put words in his mouth. I admit the Touchdown Jesus reference was of my own imagination. But I hope you google the interview before further casting aspersions my way. I am an Irish Catholic by birth, and have traditionally supported the mission of the University of Notre Dame du Lac. Interestingly, during the interview some clips actually showed the sign from Notre Dame de Namour. Guess everyone was a bit nonplussed.
[/QUOTE]
Bama, you didn't imagine the "Touchdown Jesus" phrase. I've heard that continuously since the fifties. I doubt that they made a priest the President of the University unless he was a dyed in the wool fan.

Reaction Score
I will alway remember the best sign I ever saw at a game:
"Hail Mary full of grace. Notre Dame's in second place."

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The NCAA announced yesterday, (per the Las Vegas Review Journal) that athletics in all sports can resume voluntary activities on campuses supervised by strength and conditioning personnel beginning June 1st. This was done so conferences and schools to make decisions regarding when their athletes can return. The Big 12 later announced a schedule when football and other activities can begin. The SEC stated that voluntary activities can begin starting June 8th at the discretion of each University. While the B1G will leave the decision to allow athletes to return to campuses to the individual schools. This is going to put pressure on the remaining conferences and individual schools to have both the activities and have plans to open up this Summer. I also believe that this happened because of what Norte Dame announced and kind of forced the NCAA to do something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom