Notre Dame @ Oregon St. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Oregon St.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Why didn't ND get much production out of their center? Because Oregon St had A GERMAN on SHEPARD.

It seemed to me Gulic had a lot more blocked shots than the box score gave her credit for. She certainly altered/challenged a bunch of shots. Both post players struggled in the 1st half but Gulic was better after halftime, finished w/ 10 points. I think Shepard was 2-11 from the field. Not an impressive performance for her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wazzu is Cooging it down the stretch. Terrible possession just dribbling the life out of the ball, then launching a desperation shot as the shot clock was expiring that got blocked. Next possession turnover. possibly another TO now, refs are reviewing play. Went from up 68-66 to down 71-68, w/ 46 seconds left. Coulda woulda shoulda but looks like they are going to lose.

I was really impressed w/ how well they played last year w/ no talent, but now they get all their players back and it looks like they can't win a game. I've said before, Daugherty's coaching doesn't impress me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wazzu is Cooging it down the stretch. Terrible possession just dribbling the life out of the ball, then launching a desperation shot as the shot clock was expiring that got blocked. Next possession turnover. possibly another TO now, refs are reviewing play. Went from up 68-66 to down 71-68, w/ 46 seconds left. Coulda woulda shoulda but looks like they are going to lose.

I was really impressed w/ how well they played last year w/ no talent, but now they get all their players back and it looks like they can't win a game. I've said before, Daugherty's coaching doesn't impress me.
Tough loss for the Coogs. Didn't watch the game, but that's two years in a row they've lost a very close game to Kentucky.

It's really weird with them. Last year's team had a bunch of near-misses against a tough OOC schedule, and then, only after losing their top two scorers at the time in Hristova and Brown, they went on a tear in early January behind the torrid shooting of Molina.

Now, with all those pieces back, they clearly haven't found the chemistry yet. From looking at the stats, Hristova had a very good game, Molina had an okay game, and everyone else was just bad.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Since this seems to have become the de facto Pac-12 thread, Arizona is struggling with mighty Colgate at home, leading by only 3 at the half.

Live stream:
Colgate at Arizona State

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
One more Pac 12 score--Stanford 57 CSU Bakersfield 34 (coached by Erica McCall's dad). If you can't score, at least you can play tough defense. The Card was led by Alex Romano's 13 points. She hadn't done much in the 3 previous games. Got 9 points off the bench from Russell Wilson's younger sister Anna. She also hadn't done much previously.

Plebe

Reaction Score
One more Pac 12 score--Stanford 57 CSU Bakersfield 34 (coached by Erica McCall's dad). If you can't score, at least you can play tough defense. The Card was led by Alex Romano's 13 points. She hadn't done much in the 3 previous games. Got 9 points off the bench from Russell Wilson's younger sister Anna. She also hadn't done much previously.

I saw in the box score that Stanford more than doubled its FG3 percentage: from 3-of-28 vs. UCR to 7-of-28 today. Headed in the right direction :)

I wonder if Tara would say that she wants them taking this many 3's.

They just really need to get McPhee back. I guess the silver lining is that people like Carrington are getting a lot more experience that will serve them well later on.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I saw in the box score that Stanford more than doubled its FG3 percentage: from 3-of-28 vs. UCR to 7-of-28 today. Headed in the right direction :)

I wonder if Tara would say that she wants them taking this many 3's.

They just really need to get McPhee back. I guess the silver lining is that people like Carrington are getting a lot more experience that will serve them well later on.

I thought the whole point of changing the offensive scheme was to feature lots of 3 point shooting. Whatever Tara was seeing in practice that convinced her to do that, they haven't been displaying in games so far.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I missed the ND-Oregon State game yesterday. Then I looked at the Comcast channel guide and saw that the PAC-12 network had a reply on at 5am.

I set the alarm and wake up at 4:50 a.m and tune into...a replay of Washington State v. Kentucky.

The Comcast channel guide totally lied to me.

Anyway, good to see that Jackie stepped up yesterday. She has the talent to take over like that more often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom