Notre Dame lamenting conference realignment - Hockey | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame lamenting conference realignment - Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wasn't accusing you of anything. In fact, I was responding to someone else's post.

I know, I was using your post to prove the point I was making in an earlier post.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
OK, for those who think it does matter, yes, I went to ND, and I have one child who graduated from ND three years ago, and another one who is currently a junior there. But I was a big fan long before I went there, and didn't want to see ND in the big ten before I went there, and I still don't.

It doesn't matter whether you went to ND or not. The whole idea of what Fishy was saying you were trying to twist into a semantic discussion. When people do that , it makes them look like they are in over their head.

For informational purposes, I did not go to Michigan (was accepted and chose to try my hand at college football at a smaller Michigan school).

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty safe to assume the accuracy of the statement "Most <blank> fans didn't go to <blank>." Except perhaps in the case of Wake. And BC.

Reaction Score
So UConn doesn't want to be in the ACC for the same reason that ND doesn't want to be in the big ten. At what point should UConn get over their treatment by those ACC teams that didn't want them. I'm still not ready to get past the way ND was treated. Maybe some day (but not yet).

If the Irish were locked out of the P5 and the Big was their only option, Swarbick would be in Delaney's office sucking his you know what. To compare UCONN's predicament to Notre Dames feelings is ridiculous

Reaction Score
You want a reason why ND isn't a "fit" in HE? This is from the Hockey East Blog written by Jim Connelly on USCHO.com (http://www.uscho.com/hockey-east-bl...l-woes-for-wildcats-and-stormin-into-the-pot/):
2. A long day, night and day for the Wildcats

Next time you are about to use the cliche “it’s been a long day,” consider what New Hampshire went through on Saturday and Sunday. The Wildcats were on a weekend trip to Notre Dame. After winning Friday night’s game, 5-2, UNH fell to the Irish, 6-4, in Saturday’s series finale. They often say losing the second game of a trip makes for a long ride home. With UNH, they weren’t kidding.

Because a blizzard was about to slam into Chicago, the team wasn’t able to fly out of O’Hare Airport on Sunday as planned. So, instead of spending an extra day or more in the Windy City, UNH chose to bus back. According to Dan Pankhurst, the voice of the Wildcats, the team traveled from South Bend to Buffalo, N.Y., on the first leg. There they changed busses and made their way to around Albany, N.Y., where the team’s usual bus company for local road games met them. The team headed to campus while Pankhurst and a couple of UNH coaches, all of whom had left their cars at Logan Airport, found their way back to Boston.

All tolled, the trip was about 17 hours for the team and about 18 and a half hours from the trio that arrived home via the Logan parking garage. Now that is one very long day(s).

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/hockey-east-bl...dcats-and-stormin-into-the-pot/#ixzz3QXy6sA4D

Reaction Score
I know, I was using your post to prove the point I was making in an earlier post.

It didn't prove anything, though. As has been explained, not only is it not unequal, but to not do it the way the Big Ten does it would actually be unequal.

Reaction Score
It didn't prove anything, though. As has been explained, not only is it not unequal, but to not do it the way the Big Ten does it would actually be unequal.

I guess it depends on where you stand. Those guys in Nebraska really think they are being treated unfairly. But then, they could probably explain to UConn fans how UConn is being treated fairly, but my guess is the UConn fans might disagree.

Reaction Score
I guess it depends on where you stand. Those guys in Nebraska really think they are being treated unfairly. But then, they could probably explain to UConn fans how UConn is being treated fairly, but my guess is the UConn fans might disagree.

If they had been conference champions a year or 2, that would have cured a lot of those ailments.

This is expected when you bring a program on board with high expectations (see Penn State). Can you imagine how it would be with the ND fan base? Not that I wouldn't mostly enjoy it ;)

Nebraska has been underperforming in a conference that has been underperforming. Now that the Big Ten has a national championship in hand I hope we can put that behind us for a while.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it's pretty safe to assume the accuracy of the statement "Most <blank> fans didn't go to <blank>." Except perhaps in the case of Wake. And BC.
Not even a 10th of the football fans that go to the BC football games are alums of BC. BC probably has most of its alums not even going to BC sports events, as either they don't follow sports, or they follow the teams in the states or the countries they were born and raised in, and continue to follow those teams once they leave New England after college in perhaps half the BC Alums cases. I would imagine Wake Forest is the same, as they have a large segment of their student body from outside their school's locale of North Carolina.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So UConn doesn't want to be in the ACC for the same reason that ND doesn't want to be in the big ten. At what point should UConn get over their treatment by those ACC teams that didn't want them. I'm still not ready to get past the way ND was treated. Maybe some day (but not yet).
No we'd like to be in the ACC but we'd prefer to be in the more stable, more profitable B1G. I'm not sure why that is a hard concept.

Perhaps a graphic will help.

Big12<<<ACC<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<B1G

Reaction Score

Those guys in Nebraska don't think that at all. The Nebraska administration and university universally love their arrangement, and a lion's share of their fans do too. Sure, you can find a few sour puss fans in every group that probably think, ignorantly as it might be, they are getting screwed; but they are the small minority. Harvey Perlman spoke very matter of factly when they were accepted into the Big Ten that their arrangement to buy into the BTN was only the right thing to do since all the existing members had to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom