Notre Dame is stealing money | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame is stealing money

Reaction Score
(Don't make me "Like" one of @billybud 's posts. ;) to you, Billy).

Trevor Lawrence is arguably the best player in college football at the game's most important position. Evidently there were other defensive players out for Clemson as well. So basically, the delta between ND's starting front five and their backups is smaller than 1) Lawrence and his back up, plus; 2) Clemson's defensive front and their back ups over the two games.

Was anyone hurt for the ACCCG? According to OneFootdown (ND's SBnation site) the starting 5 was Eichenberg, Banks, Correll, Kraemer, and Hainsey (Take it for what it's worth, but I've seen only one consensus 1st round ND player, and he does not play on the senior laden OL.).

So at full strength:

CLEMSON'S DEFENSE
Clemson's depleted defense allowed Notre Dame to pile up 518 yards in the previous meeting, but limited the Fighting Irish (10-1) to 263 yards Saturday and sacked quarterback Ian Book six times. Book spent most of the game under duress, regularly flushed from the pocket.

Excluding sacks, which are counted as negative rushing yards, ND compiled 85 yards on the ground in the ACCCG.

So with our line in place ND gained 518 yards, and without it we were held to 263 Yards and gave up six sacks. you have proven my point.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So with our line in place ND gained 518 yards, and without it we were held to 263 Yards and gave up six sacks. you have proven my point.

Are Eichenberg, Banks, Correll, Kraemer, and Hainsey not the regular starting line?

Reaction Score
Notre Dame won the first game with Clemson by 7...in Overtime....Clemson had 3 turnovers to the Irish's 1.

Irish played with RG Tommy Kraemer and RG Joshua Lugg splitting duty, LT Liam Eichenburg, LG Aaron Banks, Center Zeke Correll, and RT Robert Hainsey.....starters played.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame won the first game with Clemson by 7...in Overtime....Clemson had 3 turnovers to the Irish's 1.

Irish played with RG Tommy Kraemer and RG Joshua Lugg splitting duty, LT Liam Eichenburg, LG Aaron Banks, Center Zeke Correll, and RT Robert Hainsey.....starters played.
It's fascinating how insecure Notre Dame fans are about being Notre Dame fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's fascinating how insecure Notre Dame fans are about being Notre Dame fans.
They are worse in person. One good thing about COVID is that I was spared Thanksgiving at the in-laws. Domers love their golf sweaters.

Reaction Score
They are worse in person. One good thing about COVID is that I was spared Thanksgiving at the in-laws. Domers love their golf sweaters.
I love how you paint a broad brush over a certain demographic. But that what the media & social media has done to us.

Reaction Score
Are Eichenberg, Banks, Correll, Kraemer, and Hainsey not the regular starting line?

No. They are not the starting line that played in the first Clemson game. Jarrett Patterson was the starting center. And unfortunately Correll didn’t seem like he could handle the position after Patterson went down in the BC game, so Lugg was moved away from his true position to handle the center position. The advantage of only playing 6 games is that you avoid the injuries that happen against beatable opponents.

Reaction Score
Clemson's defense just flat stone walled the Irish...allowed 1.5 yards per rush....and 44 total yards.

The Irish were one dimensional on offense...and the Irish defense was abysmal...allowed the Tigers 322 yards passing and 219 yards rushing....

The Tigers rushed for 8.1 yards per attempt....Notre Dame defenders were chasing, chasing, chasing.

Reaction Score
UConn going to the Fiesta, in a way, may not have been that good of a thing.

It heightened expectations.

The collective fan memory is.."We went to the Fiesta Bowl"

And that rose colored memory still lingers.

UConn was a 8 win, three way tied Big East Co-Champion (with WVU and Pitt).....The Big East also had three
co-champions in 2012 and four co-champs in 2013. No clear dominant team in those years.
And we accomplished the in less than 15 years at the D-I level. Earning a three-way tie with those Programs was a major accomplishment.

Reaction Score
And we accomplished the in less than 15 years at the D-I level. Earning a three-way tie with those Programs was a major accomplishment.

An 8 win season that year was an accomplishment....but, as I said, that season may have heightened expectations.

2010, 2011, and 2012, in the last seasons of BE football, had no clearly dominant team...there were 10 conference co-champions in that three year run....

Not knocking winning a championship for a young program....just notinng how much that the seasons in the AAC were compared to that high water mark.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom