Notre Dame @ Florida St- 1/28/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Florida St- 1/28/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dude Muffet is truly making something out of nothing. I figured they would have lost 2 more games by now. Kudos to Muffet
Who would've thought, when her team was down 23 to Tennessee at home, that ND would come from behind to beat the Vols in that game but then demolish Florida State in Tallahassee, where Louisville just suffered its first loss of the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I expected ND to win, but that margin was ridiculous

fsu jordan.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What was more embarrassing — ND's loss to Louisville or FSU's loss to ND?

I would say FSU's... they got their tails whipped in front of their own fans... in front of their biggest home crowd ever... :confused:

Reaction Score
Wow, don't want to get into what is good for the woman's game...:confused: But a 31 point blow out between #5 and #8 is flat out ugly. :(

Dude Muffet is truly making something out of nothing. I figured they would have lost 2 more games by now. Kudos to Muffet
No attack Dallas but NO team in the upper tear of the game is making something out of nothing. Nothing does not go out and beat a team like they did today. Does coaching have a lot to do with it? Yes, but you can't get silk from burlap. Muffy has some quality material to work with obviously. This a credit to her recruiting prowess.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They were saying on air that the FSU crowd was the biggest ever by alot. Great time to play like crap. Still, I am confused. Did we not play FSU at their place to open up last season. I would have thought that crowd was bigger? :confused:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
They were saying on air that the FSU crowd was the biggest ever by alot. Great time to play like crap. Still, I am confused. Did we not play FSU at their place to open up last season. I would have thought that crowd was bigger? :confused:

From what I've read, this was part of a promotion for both the men and women's hoops teams. The guys played Miami on Saturday and the girls obviously brought in ND. Plus, they lowered the ticket prices to $1. And tied in some local charity work.

Thomas looked very tight ...all game..., and White looked exhausted having to deal with Shepard, Westbeld and Nelson. Wright had a good game.....

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
WOW - This FSU team just held L'Ville to 50 points and ND puts 100 on them in FL. That is scary dude. Just scary. I would say ND is much improved since we saw them.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
With FSU’s loss, if we win out, we win the regular season ACC Title as we have the tiebreaker over ND.
Regardless of what happens in season, a matchup between Us and ND in conference tourney should be something to see. ( my tickets and room are booked)
Hoping we can hold on and get the outright title, which I think will give us #1 seed in Lexington, which would be fantastic for our fans.

Which, BTW, heading up to Storrs for Feb 12 game. Staying at a little B&B about 5 miles from campus. Looking forward to it.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Do they love playing in Florida though? I remember them losing in Miami in a recent year.
They beat South Carolina in the Gulf Coast Showcase this season and won in Tallahassee, so they seem to play pretty well there.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Who would've thought, when her team was down 23 to Tennessee at home, that ND would come from behind to beat the Vols in that game but then demolish Florida State in Tallahassee, where Louisville just suffered its first loss of the season.
I think FSU's win over Louisville was at the Yum Center in Louisville, not Tallahassee.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
That game only drew 4753 fans (LINK). The previous record was over 6,000. Yesterday there were 9498. (I'm sure $1 admission helped.)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
With FSU’s loss, if we win out, we win the regular season ACC Title as we have the tiebreaker over ND.
Regardless of what happens in season, a matchup between Us and ND in conference tourney should be something to see. ( my tickets and room are booked)
Hoping we can hold on and get the outright title, which I think will give us #1 seed in Lexington, which would be fantastic for our fans.

Which, BTW, heading up to Storrs for Feb 12 game. Staying at a little B&B about 5 miles from campus. Looking forward to it.
I don't think the ACC regular season champion is determined in that way. If Notre Dame and Louisville both finish with one loss, I think they share the regular season title. But Louisville would get the #1 seed in the ACC tournament by virtue of their win over the Irish head-to-head.

Reaction Score
Wow, don't want to get into what is good for the woman's game...:confused: But a 31 point blow out between #5 and #8 is flat out ugly. :(

No attack Dallas but NO team in the upper tear of the game is making something out of nothing. Nothing does not go out and beat a team like they did today. Does coaching have a lot to do with it? Yes, but you can't get silk from burlap. Muffy has some quality material to work with obviously. This a credit to her recruiting prowess.

I beg to differ. To be a top team is tough, but to also be a top team and only have 2 reserves is tougher. Only using a 7 player rotation is tough but a choice. However, the players she is playing may not have even been starters and could have even been fighting just for a few minutes with a healthy team. The fact that she is just making it work and still staying relevant with everything against makes me applaud her.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has figured out how to maximize what they have. Basketball is a game of match ups and it was obvious, that at least for yesterday, FSU did not match up well with ND. FSU did nothing to make the Irish change what they were doing so well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom