Notre Dame @ Florida St- 1/28/18 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Florida St- 1/28/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Should be a good one. This could be a very telling game for Notre Dame to see if they’re a legit top 4-5 team.

Reaction Score
Should be a good one. This could be a very telling game for Notre Dame to see if they’re a legit top 4-5 team.
It will also be telling for Florida State to see if they are a legit top 4-5 team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ND got their mojo back...

Maybe so, but it's not going to be easy going down to Tallahassee and beating the Seminoles. They won't go down easy. They defend their home turf vigorously.
Not sure ND can pull this one off with a short bench. We'll see. FSU head coach Sue Semrau will use 10 players during the course of a game. It should be a very good game. Good luck to both teams. :cool:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
ACC race is shaping up to be interesting. Louisville and Virginia are 8-1. ND is 7-1, FSU 6-1. Irish might win the conference again, but it's not a given.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ACC race is shaping up to be interesting. Louisville and Virginia are 8-1. ND is 7-1, FSU 6-1. Irish might win the conference again, but it's not a given.

And the way the ACC tourney is scheduled.... you really really want to be the #1 seed. With ND's short bench..... the extra few hours of rest would be beneficial. The #1 seed plays at 2pm on Friday.... the #2 seed starts play at 6pm friday... and the #3 seed starts around 8:15..... depending on how long the previous games goes. The semis on Saturday times are 12 noon and 2:30pm.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Conference standings are deceptive. Virginia's schedule is heavily backloaded. Four of their next six games are against Louisville, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Louisville again.

Louisville, Notre Dame, and Florida State are currently in a virtual heat, which will be partially broken by the result of today's ND-FSU game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Conference standings are deceptive. Virginia's schedule is heavily backloaded. Four of their next six games are against Louisville, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Louisville again.

Louisville, Notre Dame, and Florida State are currently in a virtual heat, which will be partially broken by the result of today's ND-FSU game.

The race for the #4 seed will be interesting as well. Duke has the tiebreaker over UVA and NC State..........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This game is over.... time to go grab some dinner and get ready for Mizzou-SC :oops:

You're right. You grab some dinner and I'll drift into the Vollieland to enjoy the suffering there and then we can meet up for the SC game.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Good one? Like you, I thought so too. But in the end, not so much...some horrible shot selection and failure to defend the paint. This one is ovuh.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So is it TOO MUCH to ask for one close game today on TV? I mean at the end of course. Really no suspense in any game today by the end.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I tell you what - when they are on, ND runs as pretty an offense as you will see out there. And not only do the crash the boards relentlessly, but the quick zip passes, even short ones, to open teammates is very pleasing to watch.

FSU, on the other hand, is playing like a team who just met each other. 3 assists on 10 baskets, and even on the ones FSU has missed, the amount of 1 on 1 play is mind boggling for a top team. They seriously look like they are an entirely new team who just met their teammates this past week...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So is it TOO MUCH to ask for one close game today on TV? I mean at the end of course. Really no suspense in any game today by the end.

I hope Missouri at SC is competitive.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
MM should be the early favorite for Coach of the Year.

She and her staff are coaching their a*ses off , considering what they’ve lost , and yet how well they’re performing. Crazy !

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I have a residual dislike for ND athletics. But there is no way to deny that MM is a really good coach, and that her team has played very good basketball (other than UL). They do the fundamental things with precision and consistency.

Westbeld was their leading scorer today. The moon is in what phase?

Reaction Score
Dude Muffet is truly making something out of nothing. I figured they would have lost 2 more games by now. Kudos to Muffet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom