Notre Dame @ Clemson - 12/20/20 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Clemson - 12/20/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Posters on The Bench are reporting this particular game is on RSN, so check your local listings. In northern Jersey on Xfinity, that's the YES network.

Tigers to keep track of:
#00 Delicia Washington, 5'10", averages 13 ppg in scoring & 5.33 rebounds per game

- #3 Kendrall Spray, 5'5" guard, averages 12.7 ppg and 3.86 rpg. She's taken 55 three-pointers, 37 more than the next Tiger. She hits at a 45% rate.

- #10 Gabby Elliott, 5'10" averages 11.9 ppg. and 6.37 rpg. Shes' the Tiger's leading rebounder at 5'10". She's joined by...

- #55 Tylar Bennett, the 6'4" center who is just behind at 6.29 rpg and only scores at a 5.0 ppg clip.

Clemson is 2-1 in the ACC so far, beating Viginia 71-55 at Charlottesville and Florida State at home, 72-69. They lost to Pitt 80-71 in an away game.

A Few Irish Notes:
- #34 Maddy Westbeld, 6'3" forward, continues to lead the Irish in scoring (19.0 ppg) and rebounding (7.0 rpg). After getting into foul trouble her first few games, she played vritually the entire game against Va. Tech, leading the Irish with 23 points. She's shooting 51% from the floor (.45% from Three) and 81% FT's.
- #21 Anaya Peoples, 5'10" guard, averages 13.00 ppg and 6.2 rpg on 50% field goal percentage. Needs to improve on her 52% free throw percentage, since she does get to the line on drives to the hoop.
#33 Sam Brunelle, 6'2" forward, is rounding into form and had her best game against Va. Tech, hitting 5 of 9 from three-point land. She shows some good chemistry with Westbeld, Peoples and Dara Mabrey.
#1 Dara Mabrey, 5'7" guard leads the irish with 19 assists and three-point field goals (12-29/41%). She's leading the ND half-court offense with Katlyn Gilbert and working off ball when Alasia Hayes enters the lineup.

- Whom You Night Not See: Destinee Walker who has a DNP-Coaches Decision for the last 6 quarters. Ditto for frosh Alli Campbell. As much as anything, this looks to be a result of Niele trying to trim her rotation, with Brunelle, Gilbert and Center Mik Vaughn all back. However, she was the Irish leading scorer a year ago and was averaging 11.4 ppg until the benching.

- Matchup To Watch? Clemson's Kendall Spray vs. Dara Mabrey or Alasia Hayes. Spray torched ND for 24 points last year in South Bend. ND has had issues with teams that have adept posts and multiple three point shooters. Clemson does not have a scoring post and Spray is their main three-point threat, so expect Mabrey and Hayes to stay close.

- Westbeld and the Clemson front court. Will/can Bennett stay with Westbeld? Or will Mik Vaughn post down low, leaving Westbeld to go against numerous 5'10" guard/forwards? Westbeld is a sturdy forward who will use her body to draw fouls. Stay tuned.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Posters on The Bench are reporting this particular game is on RSN, so check your local listings. In northern Jersey on Xfinity, that's the YES network.

Tigers to keep track of:
#00 Delicia Washington, 5'10", averages 13 ppg in scoring & 5.33 rebounds per game

- #3 Kendrall Spray, 5'5" guard, averages 12.7 ppg and 3.86 rpg. She's taken 55 three-pointers, 37 more than the next Tiger. She hits at a 45% rate.

- #10 Gabby Elliott, 5'10" averages 11.9 ppg. and 6.37 rpg. Shes' the Tiger's leading rebounder at 5'10". She's joined by...

- #55 Tylar Bennett, the 6'4" center who is just behind at 6.29 rpg and only scores at a 5.0 ppg clip.

Clemson is 2-1 in the ACC so far, beating Viginia 71-55 at Charlottesville and Florida State at home, 72-69. They lost to Pitt 80-71 in an away game.

A Few Irish Notes:
- #34 Maddy Westbeld, 6'3" forward, continues to led the Irish in scoring (19.0 ppg) and rebounding (7.0 rpg). After getting into foul trouble her first few games, she played vritually the entire game against Va. Tech, leading the Irish with 23 points. She's shooting 51% from the floor (.45% from Three) and 81% FT's.
- #21 Anaya Peoples, 5'10" guard, averages 13.00 ppg and 6.2 rpg on 50% field goal percentage. Needs to improve on her 52% free throw percentage, since she does get to the line on drives to the hoop.
#33 Sam Brunelle, 6'2" forward, is rounding into form and had her best game against Va. Tech, hitting 5 of 9 from three-point land. She shows some good chemistry with Westbeld, Peoples and Dara Mabrey.
#1 Dara Mabrey, 5'7" guard leads the irish with 19 assists and three-point field goals (12-29/41%). She's leading the ND half-court offense with Katlyn Gilbert and working off ball when Alasia Hayes enters the lineup.

- Whom You Night Not See: Destinee Walker who has a DNP-Coaches Decision for the last 6 quarters. Ditto for frosh Alli Campbell. As much as anything, this looks to be a result of Niele trying to trim her rotation, with Brunelle, Gilbert and Center Mik Vaughn all back. However, she was the Irish leading scorer a year ago and was averaging 11.4 ppg until the benching.

- Matchup To Watch? Clemson's Kendall Spray vs. Dara Mabrey or Alasia Hayes. Spray torched ND for 24 points last year in South Bend. ND has had issues with teams that have adept posts and multiple three point shooters. Clemson does not have a scoring post and Spray is their main three-point threat, so expect Mabrey and Hayes to stay close.

- Westbeld and the Clemson front court. Will/can Bennett stay with Westbeld? Or will Mik Vaughn post down low, leaving Westbeld to go against numerous 5'10" guard/forwards? Westbeld is a sturdy forward who will use her body to draw fouls. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the great game notes. ND is certainly very intriguing and with a few breaks, can be knocking on the door to the FF

And thanks for the YES network info. I can actually see the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks for the great game notes. ND is certainly very intriguing and with a few breaks, can be knocking on the door to the FF

And thanks for the YES network info. I can actually see the game.

42-22 Clemson at halftime Nevermind
:oops::oops::oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, how did ND get this bad? There's still talent there, right?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So we know that there are certain teams that when they are on the bubble, the NCAAT committee seems predisposed to grant into the field, but what current signature win does ND have at 3-3, VPI? Yikes. This really could the year that ND's streak is broken...

Reaction Score
So we know that there are certain teams that when they are on the bubble, the NCAAT committee seems predisposed to grant into the field, but what current signature win does ND have at 3-3, VPI? Yikes. This really could the year that ND's streak is broken...

would be very hard for me to justify ND missing the tournament with the talent on this roster

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
would be very hard for me to justify ND missing the tournament with the talent on this roster
Talent? It's about the results, losses to Ohio Univ, GTech, Michigan and now Clemson. They barely beat IUPUI. This team's talent might be a bit over-rated. Other than Maddy Westbeld and Aniya People's on this team, I am not sure that's sufficient.

Reaction Score
Talent? It's about the results, losses to Ohio Univ, GTech, Michigan and now Clemson. They barely beat IUPUI. This team's talent might be a bit over-rated. Other than Maddy Westbeld and Aniya People's on this team, I am not sure that's sufficient.
More than a bit.

Reaction Score

You may have misinterpreted my post. I was stating that ND’s poor results thus far (assuming this team doesn’t drastically improve) seem likely to lead to exclusion from the tournament, and the talent on the roster makes that hard to swallow.

Regardless of whether she’s fully panned out to her high school ranking, Brunelle was a consensus top recruit, and should be able to make an impact against ND’s current middle-tier opponents. Many, many teams have made NCAA tournaments with far less talent than ND has now.

Reaction Score
You may have misinterpreted my post. I was stating that ND’s poor results thus far (assuming this team doesn’t drastically improve) seem likely to lead to exclusion from the tournament, and the talent on the roster makes that hard to swallow.

Regardless of whether she’s fully panned out to her high school ranking, Brunelle was a consensus top recruit, and should be able to make an impact against ND’s current middle-tier opponents. Many, many teams have made NCAA tournaments with far less talent than ND has now.
Is she still playing injured? She sure doesn't look anything like she did last year. And what's up with their players running into each other? That's a new one.

Reaction Score
Is she still playing injured? She sure doesn't look anything like she did last year. And what's up with their players running into each other? That's a new one.

I believe she is. My understanding is that it’s a nagging injury that’s unlikely to be fully resolved, at least for the foreseeable future. I am a fan of Brunelle and think she’s a terrific ambassador for ND and her team, but she has not delivered the on-court impact many had hoped she would.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
42-22 Clemson at halftime Nevermind
:oops::oops::oops:
This game ended a few hours ago, but since it's Clemson I just have to:

Muffet-Animated.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics