Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game is the reason why Women's basketball gets a bad reputation, this is the worst officiating crew I have ever seen. They call touch fouls in the paint on Baylor, and Achonwa, and Reimer push people no calls. Any people who haven't watched a women's game, see this officiating, and will never watch again, figuring all the officials are incompetent
Well that's one reason. I think a game where one misses lay ups is pretty tough to watch. Throw in the fact that the game is quite a bit slower than the men's game, and of course is played below the rim (which I like), and you can see why it's hard for the game to get any traction.

Reaction Score
It is what it is.
UConn probably doesn't win the 1995 title w/o a home regional.
Or 04 in Hartford. I know we had Taurasi but we beat a tough Penn St team at the Civic center in the elite eight round 66-49. We had 4 losses on the year and were a 2 seed with a home regional to win our 3rd straight championship..... bet non-uconn fans were thrilled with that :-p

Reaction Score
Why can't I like the Irish? I admire the style of play, and they have that swagger. Why does the swagger read to me as arrogance? And the coach, well. Gotta say though, love that Jewel Lloyd. McBride, not so much.

Are the Irish playing that well, or is Baylor just flat? This is sad.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Baylor comes out much better in the second half. And look at that...when they call the game correctly, the Irish have 5 fouls in four minutes.

Reaction Score
Wow. Two years in a row that Jackie Stiles' points record is being challenged--both by Baylor players.

Reaction Score
Baylor just flat? This is sad.

Baylor has missed a lot of makeable shots.
But it's also a team of role players, running into a great team. Their weaknesses are bein exposed.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Watching how good Sims is makes it even more difficult to believe that Mulkey only got to two Final Fours with her and Griner.

Reaction Score
Lloyd is the real deal. I liked her hafltime interview, too. Sounds calm, knowledgeable.

Reaction Score
OMG

th

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Watching how good Sims is makes it even more difficult to believe that Mulkey only got to two Final Fours with her and Griner.

Actually, they only got to one final 4 together. Sims was a senior in high school when Griner went the first time

Reaction Score
Wow Mulkey is melting down.

Don't blame her.

To make a call like that on one of the best players in the country in a game to go in to the Final 4 is ridiculous. To do it when that team is trying to win on another team's home court? Beneath contempt.

Geno would be acting the same way.

Reaction Score
What a bogus call on Sims. Mukley has every right to be upset!
And this is why I said it would be hard for anyone to win a game against ND when it is being called like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom