Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
And just think, Baylor is the one team that really challenged UConn.

But that was on THEIR home court

Don't like the 13-5 foul discrepancy. Baylor has fouled more BUT ND should not be allowed to add to it by their flopping prowess. We need Technicals in the women's game for flops.

Reaction Score
This ND team is gonna be a handful. Achonwa with a double-double in the first half, and Loyd with 21 points.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How appropriate that the half end on another missed layup by Baylor.

Reaction Score
My husband just asked why Notre Dame was allowed to have a home game in a regional final. This is such a travesty. And I would say that if UConn was hosting a regional also. It's completely unfair.
It is what it is.
UConn probably doesn't win the 1995 title w/o a home regional.

Reaction Score
Announcer just mentioned Sims' positive demeanor when i saw her turn around and slowly walk toward the locker room as her teammates ran by. I cant blame her, I'd be pissed if my bigs missed such easy shots

Reaction Score
No way Notre Dame gets all of those inside shots against UConn. Taylor is not very disciplined.

And also no way UConn misses all of those inside shots baylor is missing.

Reaction Score
How appropriate that the half end on another missed layup by Baylor.

Yeah I thought the same.
No surprise that sims may have some reluctance to pass to these guys.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wow. No one is going to beat ND if the game is called like this.

Exactly, how the refs call the game scares me MORE than the talent of Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
My husband just asked why Notre Dame was allowed to have a home game in a regional final. This is such a travesty. And I would say that if UConn was hosting a regional also. It's completely unfair.
Kim wearing a leprechaun coat doesn't help combat the Touchdown Jesus home mojo either...

Reaction Score
Wow. No one is going to beat ND if the game is called like this.

Look back at this thread -- ND was dominating the inside from the start ... Before the fouls started. The fouls are a direct result of ND controlling the middle.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So three teams playing at home could advance to the FF. Really? Is that what you really think is fair NCAA? What a bunch of losers. It's all about the MONEY!!!

Reaction Score
This game is the reason why Women's basketball gets a bad reputation, this is the worst officiating crew I have ever seen. They call touch fouls in the paint on Baylor, and Achonwa, and Reimer push people no calls. Any people who haven't watched a women's game, see this officiating, and will never watch again, figuring all the officials are incompetent

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
To be fair, let's give some credit to ND. They're an awesome team. The Achonwa-McBride-Loyd combo is pretty tough.

The key word in your statement is "Some" credit. As I said they are good enough without the "the·at·rics" fooling the refs. Achonwa is a master. Doubt that her act will fly in the pros though. Brittany Mallory found that out.

the·at·rics
THēˈatriks/
noun
dramatic performances.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't think the officiating is the reason Baylor is behind in this game. Baylor is the reason. Make some layups and Baylor easily has at least 40 points in this half. ND will give up good shots, but teams have to make them, especially the layups.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A disadvantage for Baylor is they have Sims attempting to guard Loyd and be the key offensive player. In this game she's not playing great defense on Loyd. She's doing what she wants on Offense. Has scored 21 points.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I can't understand how refs fall for this S##T.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't think the officiating is the reason Baylor is behind in this game. Baylor is the reason. Make some layups and Baylor easily has at least 40 points in this half. ND will give up good shots, but teams have to make them, especially the layups.

No, you are correct but there is no doubt it should be closer.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Reimer continues to look shaky.
I don't think she has done anything all year to warrant the hype. Then again, she will get a bigger stage to showcase her skills next year with Achonwa out.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
13 Fouls on Baylor with a couple of Questionable Calls. 5 Fouls on ND and many fouls not called. Baylor has fouled more then ND, but the numbers should be closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom