Notre Dame 2023-24 Season (merged) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame 2023-24 Season (merged)

Reaction Score

Leah Macy was an Irish focus for the Class of 2025 because Maddy Westbeld (as well as transfers Liatu King and Liza Karlen) will be out of eligibility after the '24-'25 season. If things go as planned, Ms. Macy will walk into a starting frontcourt role next to post Kate Koval and point guard Hannah Hidalgo. There will be other areas to fill, as well, but this is really solid first-step for Coach Ivey and Michaela Mabrey, the Irish's recruiting coordinator.

Irish killing it! Lots of disappointed folks here in Louisville.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Irish killing it! Lots of disappointed folks here in Louisville.
I can understand it. McGraw's Bench and many Irish fans in Indiana felt the same when Ayanna Patterson -- from nearby Ft. Wayne, Indiana -- committed to UConn.

Seemed to be a solid connection between the Irish and Ms. Macy from the get-go: they were constantly at her club tournaments and she came to ND twice. Coach Ivey and Coach Mabrey play things close to the vest, but there was a bit of a trail with Leah Macy. For all intensive purposes, she's Maddy Westbeld's successor.

Reaction Score
Out of all the portal pickups I’m most excited about Liatu King. She has the kind of quickness and athleticism that we lacked in the front court last year and is an accurate shooter.

We’re going to be able to go at our opponents with waves of talented players and have size, speed, athleticism and shooting talent.

Winning a NC is tough, but we have a veteran, talented and deep squad. Barring injuries, we’re right there in the hunt.

Reaction Score

I know the thread is for the current generation of Irish players, but I didn't want to start another thread. Wasn't sure how posters would react if I posted it in the WNBA thread.;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score

I know the thread is for the current generation of Irish players, but I didn't want to start another thread. Wasn't sure how posters would react if I posted it in the WNBA thread.;)

Thanks for doing so. Looking forward to seeing how Sky and Jewel do with the Storm this year.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
...With Coach Ivey in Colorado with the U.S.A. National Team, ND's assistant coaches and Director of Player Development Carlos Knox are hitting the road to various AAU tourneys during this weekend's NCAA Recruiting Evaluation Period. Looks like the gig in Iowa is getting a double-up by Irish Coaches Mabrey and Allen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom