Noticed a change in the Courant's reporting on investigation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Noticed a change in the Courant's reporting on investigation

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Well, it may not amount to anything but it will proceed at an NCAA snail pace and it's timed perfectly to cast a cloud of innuendo over the spring recruiting season. Wonderful.

Reaction Score
Something is crazy and off about this.

UConn may very well be dead to rights. BUT...the whole story about several months of interviews?

You would think the President of the university would have been apprised of this happening. Instead we have Susan just 3 months ago stating that the UConn program is clean and she knows it inside and out--and she put the onus on the AD!

Is 3 several? 3 is a couple. Not several.

2 is a couple. Think bride and groom. Several is 3.

So many high school English teachers failing the minions.

We don't need a couple or several
inquiries. The brand is beaten down aplenty.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know, but if it's 100 hours of interviews with people from outside UConn, I'm not as concerned with this as I was before.

If it’s 100 hours before they get to UConn, I’m more concerned than I was before.

But I wasn’t really that terribly concerned before - still not really that worried.

Just hate the freaking headlines on top of the already terrible narrative here now.

Reaction Score
Not going to get into specifics but ran into an AAU coach who brought it up to me because he knows I'm a UCONN guy. Like I said, I have no proof of anything. But my source is connected and would know better than most people here.

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Hard to make much sense of this inquiry.

I believe this inquiry is the result of a broader investigation by the NCAA where a recruit or recruits being questioned brought up UCONN having been in contact with them as well as the program or programs being investigated. This I believe explains the 100 hours of questioning, it is not all or mostly regarding UCONN. If my source is correct the issue regarding UCONN is of a fairly minor nature but a potential violation nevertheless. It may or may not involve Ollie, my source had no information regarding that aspect.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Prior to today I thought there wouldn't be much about this once all wa s said and done but the cloud of investigation would be very damaging (to an effort to move t be program) so the over all result would hurt.

Now I am very concerned. There could be something there and if so, history has demonstrated that the NCAA hits us harder than necessary just for kicks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
@J187Money is neither a troll, nor an attention-seeking whore. And his reputation here is not as someone who talks about things without having any knowledge of them (cough, cough Chief)

Ugh.
Not going to get into specifics but ran into an AAU coach who brought it up to me because he knows I'm a UCONN guy. Like I said, I have no proof of anything. But my source is connected and would know better than most people here.

No disrespect to you or your coach friend BUT unless it comes from a UConn official within the administration, Athletic Dept or NCAA committee I will not listen or place credence on hearsay.
Maybe he can't coach or recruit (as some will aver) but I know KO and cannot see the guy do or tell someone to do anything that would put the university, program, players or himself in jeopardy.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to you or your coach friend BUT unless it comes from a UConn official within the administration, Athletic Dept or NCAA committee I will not listen or place credence on hearsay.
Maybe he can't coach or recruit (as some will aver) but I know KO and cannot see the guy do or tell someone to do anything that would put the university, program, players or himself in jeopardy.

I said I have no idea if it true or not. And it honestly doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - what will happen is what will happen. None of us here have any control over any of it - just meaningless message board speculation.

Reaction Score
BTW - if my post is out of order - mods feel free to delete it.

Reaction Score

Not trying to attack you @J187Money I like your posts.

But, can you at least give us something about what he was talking about?

Like, are we talking about paying players or are we talking something minor compared to that?

(You can answer this by saying, based on your source, if we are in deep poo or DEEP poo and we can leave it up to interpretation from there)

Reaction Score
You are clueless - back it up!
Unlike you, I don’t pretend to know things. Like posting on the board about Drummond coming to the a UConn game while he’s tweeting from a court in Michigan.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Please bring up the Chief-Drummond tweetgate. I can’t read his nonsensical excuses on that one again without gouging my eyes out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why post a complete tease you hear we are in big trouble and then not say what you heard..

Thats what a 14yo girl does to get attention. So either you actually did hear something and want to act like a 14yo. who nobody will talk to. Or you want to be the cool dude who everyone keeps asking questions to.

Either be prepared to say what you heard or dont say anything. What do you accomplish by teasing what you said... Or maybe you are 14

Reaction Score
I would contend that the mods here are some of the most fair and reasonable human beings in the United States of America (as it relates to the dynamic subculture of message boards). The 1st Amendment is protected even though each and every day we face that reoccurring "slippery slope" that inevitably has to be addressed.

We as message board posters all wear our monikers with pride and distinction. Obtaining verifiable/credible information is the quintessential example of the "slippery slope" concept. I can attest that message boards (in general) are a true playground sometimes for the informed and inquisitive representing both good and evil (my days at InvestorsHub). Informed in the sense that there are people here with "the goods" for lack of a better phrase. With this knowledge comes great responsibility which tests the true character of a person.

This is probably a good time to take a deep breath and reflect... similar to some of the greatest poker players in the world. Calculating the next move on a message board when holding priceless info can be like walking through an unmarked minefield filled with daisy cutter bombs.

Best Always,
The BDH

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn is under investigation. It sounds like the recruitment of multiple recruits is being scrutinized and UConn is corroborating other's observations. The NCAA has to be careful. If this investigation crosses lines with the FBI investigation then Egon Spengler's worst fear will come true...for the NCAA.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn is under investigation. It sounds like the recruitment of multiple recruits is being scrutinized and UConn is corroborating other's observations. The NCAA has to be careful. If this investigation crosses lines with the FBI investigation then Egon Spengler's worst fear will come true...for the NCAA.
I’m hopeful but skeptical of this scenario

pj

Reaction Score
This is pure speculation, but if I were guessing the most likely potential violations, I'd say tampering with Sid Wilson while he was at St John's (remember a certain insider posting we might get 2 Brewster players before Sid had left St John's and before Kisunas committed?), and maybe investigations into whether inappropriate contacts were made to Montez Mathis, Cam Reddish. Jalen Carey, Mo Bamba (remember Okafor and Diarra practicing with him in New York?), Tremont Waters (remember Ray Allen happening to meet him at the Jordan classic?), and/or Hamidou Diallo. All of those players were of high importance to the staff at a time when they were struggling. Then the NCAA probably conducted interviews with the transfers assuming that they might have ill will against Ollie and would spill any beans in exchange for a promise of immunity. That's 7 recruits + 3 transfers and if you interview them plus 4 others per player who had knowledge of the player's recruitment, 2 hour interview per person, you would have 100 hours of tape.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is pure speculation, but if I were guessing the most likely potential violations, I'd say tampering with Sid Wilson while he was at St John's (remember a certain insider posting we might get 2 Brewster players before Sid had left St John's and before Kisunas committed?), and maybe investigations into whether inappropriate contacts were made to Montez Mathis, Cam Reddish. Jalen Carey, Mo Bamba (remember Okafor and Diarra practicing with him in New York?), Tremont Waters (remember Ray Allen happening to meet him at the Jordan classic?), and/or Hamidou Diallo. All of those players were of high importance to the staff at a time when they were struggling. Then the NCAA probably conducted interviews with the transfers assuming that they might have ill will against Ollie and would spill any beans in exchange for a promise of immunity. That's 7 players and if you interview them plus 4 others per player who had knowledge of the player's recruitment, 3 hour interview per person, you would have 100 hours of tape.
You seem spot on with your speculation. What makes matters worse, is we are up against super clean programs. I can't imagine schools like St. John's, Duke, Texas, LSU, and Kentucky are doing any of the things we are accused of doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom