Nothing like the BY to make you feel sad after a win | The Boneyard

Nothing like the BY to make you feel sad after a win

Reaction Score
Feast or famine on this board. We won. Everybody have a beer and be happy for 10 minutes before coming here to talk about how many ways the sky is falling.

If you have watched any college basketball this year you know there is no consistently dominate team, but we have just a good of a chance as any team to be the best for the next month and a half.

Or not. Either way, at least enjoy the wins.

Reaction Score
Valid reasons to be upset but a 3 possession win is a 3 possession win at the end of the day. According to the 20 win rule, including 5 Q1 wins, we are now a lock for March

The season starts today. 4 more tune ups, then the postseason. Let's get it

Reaction Score
It’s the same people…
One possession loss on the road in arguably the toughest matchup of the season….complain

Only win a big east game at home by 9 points against a mid tier big east team….complain

Blowout top 10 teams…disappear

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If your hope is that the team can just have more points than Seton Hall….enjoy. They did it.

If your hope is that they actually do something in March, today was not a great sign.

Big difference is that people looking for the latter are not whining about people just hoping for the former.

Reaction Score
If your hope is that the team can just have more points than Seton Hall….enjoy. They did it.

If your hope is that they actually do something in March, today was not a great sign.

Big difference is that people looking for the latter are not whining about people just hoping for the former.
Yes you are lol. All the pessimist do is whine

Reaction Score

Thanks for so eloquently defining and describing the point of my post.

Not for nothing…my hope is in fact that we score more than our opponents the rest of the way. By my math that would lead to a decent end to the season. So yes, I guess that was my hope.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yes you are lol. All the pessimist do is whine

Not remotely a pessimist - do not confuse my pragmatic view of this team as pessimism because you just want to have smoke blown up your ass about how awesome UConn basketball is.

Tell me who the point guard is on this team.

Reaction Score
Should have given up a few more points so they'd have a close win.
Beat me to it!

I’m pretty sure that in the last 2 min, Hurley & Co were trying to make it a 2-possession close win today. Because we all know that W-L record in those games matters much much more than actual W-L record.

Reaction Score
Not remotely a pessimist - do not confuse my pragmatic view of this team as pessimism because you just want to have smoke blown up your ass about how awesome UConn basketball is.

I’m completely pragmatic and completely recognize the flaws of this team, and where it needs to get better to actually make a run. However that can simultaneously exist with enjoying a hard fought win. IMO

Reaction Score
Today’s win seems to be a glass half full kind of perception test … a fan can be upset we didn’t play well against a team we were expected to beat or happy in spite of not playing well the team gutted out a win against a good opponent.

Newton didn’t play well, but Ajax had arguably one of his best games of the season.

Adama clearly was not 100 percent and was laboring hard in the second half but he literally saved the game for his team with that amazing block at the end. Seton Hall never threatened again.

Hawkins shot poorly but he showed a willingness and ability to get the rim and Had that electrifying dunk of the year. And he still managed 20 points.

This team is not perfect but they are easy to root for. Happy with the win. Now crush Providence!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’m completely pragmatic and completely recognize the flaws of this team, and where it needs to get better to actually make a run. However that can simultaneously exist with enjoying a hard fought win. IMO

And that’s fine - no one started a thread to tell you that you were doing it wrong.

Reaction Score
And that’s fine - no one started a thread to tell you that you were doing it wrong.
So that implies that my thread about being positive and enjoying wins is infringing on your right to be negative. We can agree to disagree, I’m just going to choose to enjoy the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I admit that I got nervous but it was not just when SH got close it was the turn overs , passing ( lack off) and certain players trying 3 pointers when today was not their day for 3 pointers. Yet when the fat lady sang we had a win. So I felt foolish and just signed out and went for a walk to burn off lunch.

Reaction Score
Feast or famine on this board. We won. Everybody have a beer and be happy for 10 minutes before coming here to talk about how many ways the sky is falling.

If you have watched any college basketball this year you know there is no consistently dominate team, but we have just a good of a chance as any team to be the best for the next month and a half.

Or not. Either way, at least enjoy the wins.
The funny thing is the same histrionics were happening here in 2014. And I literally posted in 2014 that the same whining was being done in 2011.

Reaction Score

You’re right. We don’t have a real point guard. Does that mean we should give up? Hand back the 20 wins we’ve earned so far?

And you are a pessimist. Go back to your reaction when we lost Akok, Gaffney and Floyd. It was like we’d never rebound—yet here we are, a top 20 team once again. If you keep moving the goalposts you’ll never be satisfied

Reaction Score
Poorly coached offense the last minutes, right on Hurley.. Yes I’m happy with the win but it bodes badly for us in the future against better teams which btw we’ve all seen plenty this year. The good news was Jackson being better. The bad, Newton and Alleyne.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom