Not Sold on Postgame Threads | The Boneyard

Not Sold on Postgame Threads

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As I write this, there are 316 posts in the "South Carolina Postgame Thread" and 52 more in the "without complaints" variant of that. Is there anyone here with the appetite and time to read all of that?

I get the feeling that posters use the postgame thread(s) to vent their own thoughts in reaction to the game, and aren't particularly worried about processing what others say or interacting with it. I've even seen some posts in other postgame threads that start out with some version of "I haven't read all the other posts in this thread so this may already have been mentioned, but ...".

What is the point of posting your thoughts if you don't intend to read anyone else's? And who do you think will read your own thoughts if everyone is busy posting theirs, and are solely focused on that?

I would prefer more focused postgame threads that zero in on specific topics or aspects of the game, and give some indication in their thread titles about what that focus is. Each such thread would be shorter, and all of us could read those we are interested in and skip the others. I have the feeling that there would be less repetition as well, because we might actually read the preceding posts before we start writing our own.

Just a suggestion ...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So your suggestion is a bunch of “mini-topics” where the subject thread might be say: rebounding, 3-pt shooting, defense, etc….and somehow the folks that respond to those threads would be compelled to read every post written on that thread first and then stay “on topic” with their response?

Good luck with that….:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We have a “No Complaints” thread. Just add a “No Excuses” thread and the 3 people posting should be able to meet your requirements.

sun

Reaction Score
As I write this, there are 316 posts in the "South Carolina Postgame Thread" and 52 more in the "without complaints" variant of that. Is there anyone here with the appetite and time to read all of that?

I generally always read all of the posts in a long thread before posting in it.
It's easy to stop reading a post if it's redundant or just skim through parts of some posts.

I think a key is to skip entire threads that I don't have any personal interest in which saves time.
And stop reading or ignore some threads after they go off topic or become boring.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom