Not Losing Sleep | The Boneyard

Not Losing Sleep

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yep. Would have loved a win tonight. Plenty of opportunities to steal a win in regulation and plenty of chances to seal the game in OT and 2OT.
Alas, not to be tonight.
Schittt happens.
Bottom line is team keeps improving and players returning next year are giving us fans, gulp, hope?
So, a few beers down during the game. And a few hits of bourbon afterwards. I'll wake up tomorrow no more or no less certain about future about program before tip off tonight.
Cheers.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yep. Would have loved a win tonight. Plenty of opportunities to steal a win in regulation and plenty of chances to seal the game in OT and 2OT.
Alas, not to be tonight.
Schittt happens.
Bottom line is team keeps improving and players returning next year are giving us fans, gulp, hope?
So, a few beers down during the game. And a few hits of bourbon afterwards. I'll wake up tomorrow no more or no less certain about future about program before tip off tonight.
Cheers.
A few beers and a few hits of bourbon don't generally pair with losing sleep. The next morning however...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A few beers and a few hits of bourbon don't generally pair with losing sleep. The next morning however...

Just saying no need to overanalyze this. A few bounces here or there and it's a win. Or a loss in regulation.
As for tomorrow, planning on waking up. Planning on clocking a few hours. Planning on teeing off around 2pm.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just saying no need to overanalyze this. A few bounces here or there and it's a win. Or a loss in regulation.
As for tomorrow, planning on waking up. Planning on clocking a few hours. Planning on teeing off around 2pm.
Thank you for your interest in letting us know you are indifferent to our sorrow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in letting us know you are indifferent to our sorrow.

You shouldn't have sorrow after tonight. It wasn't a fatalist outcome like games the past few years. Tonight was winnable. It was also losable. And nothing changed. Want to get to NCAA? Win the AAC tourney. Anything else is background noise on the road to progress.

Reaction Score
Definitely a good way to look at this. The close losses are frustrating, but we are now missing 40% of our starting lineup, we have two young players emerging, DH has both recognized the future and changed the current mentality. Can’t stand we where are on one hand, but we are definitely trending better than we were 4-6 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Chin pretty much sums it up, well stated. I feel like I have changed dramatically but instead it's just the state of numbness this years team has put me in. Honestly it's not a bad thing it's a good thing. Besides some bad decisions, shots and of course calls b the AAC striped faithful I do not get all tensed up, palms sweating and on the edge of my recliner. Instead I am more of "of course they called that", "of course he took that shot" just waiting for the buzzer to go off with yet another one in the loss column that woulda, coulda been.

These games in the past during the JC days and honestly even early on during the KO days would've had me up well after the game, on the Boneyard trying to figure out how we lost, hoping we weren't going to go on any losing streak because we had a tough stretch of games coming up. My son was over last night and even at his age of 24 he has handled it well, although he was standing up from the 3 minute mark of regulation yelling at refs, players then high fisting me (settled back in the recliner lol) as went to the end of OT 2. Then I walked him out to his car gave him a hug told him I loved him, walked the pup then watched a couple of DVR'd shows.

Slept well, woke up a while ago and hardly a thought of the loss. back in the day I would've been ruined until the next game. With this team it is what it is right? Trending in the right direction, waiting for the next big player to enter our program to make a difference in who the Huskies are going to be next ear and beyond. I have faith that will happen, I have faith he is going to put us in position to be a national player again. But for now I watch this resilient group and I am proud of who they are, I accept what they do and the unfortunate pattern they have thrown our way.

It's still exciting on Gameday no doubt, but can't wait until my palms are sweating before and during the games again I will be honest.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
One time when Roy Hibbert hit that ridiculously dumb 3 in 08’ I punched a Christmas tree.

The George Mason game was full on depression until summer.

I punched a wall when Miami came back from down 5 in like 5 seconds, stole the inbounds pass and hit a 3 to win.

I’m excited today is Friday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get it. The team went to 2 OT on the road in conference while very short handed. So why worry?

Still, 3 losses in 2OT this year, and this one we threw away. I worry about the kids going through this. I worry that Adams was awful all game. I worry that Josh got two fouls instantly when he knows we have no depth up front. It cost us the game. I worry that our best player looked like he’d rather be playing video games half the time.

Yes, as a team they fought hard to the end. But individually they were not all giving 100% all game. So I am concerned that they may be dispirited by our continued horrific luck.

Reaction Score
It was not so long ago the chatter was we really can't compete with the players we have and to have patience.
A mid-game surge with the kids on the floor against Tulsa changed the whole complexion.
Can't wait for Dan Hurley S02E24

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Too many bad TO's and missed bunnies. I'd count this as a bad loss if Akok were playing, but Temple had it too easy in the lane to say that. Interior D has become priority #1 for next season.

Reaction Score
Too many bad TO's and missed bunnies. I'd count this as a bad loss if Akok were playing, but Temple had it too easy in the lane to say that. Interior D has become priority #1 for next season.

Speaking of missed bunnies and I agree on that, 14 minutes only for Josh? I realize how good Whaley was but Josh and him together would've been better than Adams minutes last night. It's not like anyone on D was lighting it up especially not Brendan. But you are correct next year we need to have a big who can move their feet and body up because for now we have 2 different defenders who are not complete. Whaley is excellent against big men who have mobility like Precious. He's not so good against the back-in banger who he has trouble with. Josh is ok against the back-in banger as long as he doesn't have moves and he can't guard anyone with mobility. Need someone who is at least decent all around, eventually.

Reaction Score
Speaking of missed bunnies and I agree on that, 14 minutes only for Josh? I realize how good Whaley was but Josh and him together would've been better than Adams minutes last night. It's not like anyone on D was lighting it up especially not Brendan. But you are correct next year we need to have a big who can move their feet and body up because for now we have 2 different defenders who are not complete. Whaley is excellent against big men who have mobility like Precious. He's not so good against the back-in banger who he has trouble with. Josh is ok against the back-in banger as long as he doesn't have moves and he can't guard anyone with mobility. Need someone who is at least decent all around, eventually.
Really wondered why josh didn’t start ot with the bigger center taking it to Whaley 4 times in a row with his 4 fouls. Isiah blocked a shot but I was sure the older ref was gonna blow that whistle.

Reaction Score
Yep I swear all these losses Are just payback for all the good fortune we had from 1990 to 2014- I love this team but they can’t sustain anything -10 point lead -gone in seconds , three point lead in overtime- gone in seconds , it’s just amazing how we can never sustain a winning streak. Not even to give us hope. Cud u imagine the last 5 winters like this? Not even bubble talk. But I’ll come back for more punishment Sunday And then we ll beat the next few pushovers and everyone will get excited and then we ll lose a heartbreaker to Houston - I know how this movie goes - but I’ll watch because I love this team. Lol

Reaction Score
Josh was eh- josh

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This was probably the worst game we played since USF. Outside of Whaley and Gaffney, I wouldn't say anyone else had a good game by their normal standards. The defense looked miserable at times.

That all being said, the team played hard despite being shorthanded. I also think that after everything that happened Sunday, they were emotionally and somewhat physically drained and there was bound to be a bit of a letdown. I can't get too upset at this loss. Have to look at the rest of this season in the context of building towards having a successful '20-'21 year. I just hope we can get to the NIT so Christian and Alterique can get some burn in postseason games before they're gone.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yep I swear all these losses Are just payback for all the good fortune we had from 1990 to 2014- ....

Yeah I've thought this as well to myself with all these injuries , bad losses, unlucky losses, AAC.

But I think the luck will start to turn itself for the positive as we had back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
All I can say is Bouk needs to make a decision as to whether he wants to shoulder the team and step up giving 100% effort or continue to show up and disappear. We know he’s capable of a whole lot more than what he did yesterday. Hate to put it on him like that, but when you’re super talented that’s part of water you carry...if you wish to be extraordinary.

Reaction Score
Alas, not to be tonight.
Schittt happens.
Cheers.

The difference is our expectations have drastically lowered.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
One time when Roy Hibbert hit that ridiculously dumb 3 in 08’ I punched a Christmas tree.

I punched a wall when Miami came back from down 5 in like 5 seconds, stole the inbounds pass and hit a 3 to win.

Thanks for reminding me of that GM game. Does anybody know if that Ref made it to his car alive?

Reaction Score

The San Diego game in '08 resulted in my door being destroyed. Nothing was worse for me than that jumper going in with just 1 second left and knowing that our postseason was over that year...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom