Not even mad | The Boneyard

Not even mad

Reaction Score
I'd consider this board as jovial after a loss right now. Last year I was worried for cesspooler's personal health after some losses.

So we have that going for us, which is nice

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The crowd loves Hurley and had his back which is great.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
im not mad, not disappointed. happy we fought til the end. i just hope Cobb becomes a 12 and 10 player for the rest of the season.
Right. It was a blowout and preseason I wanted a stop to those, but thinking about this compared to Arkasas last year, I felt like we played hard. UConn fans at the garden made me laugh. We weren't going undefeated anyway, let's see how they handle it.

Reaction Score
I hope Hurley & company are mad as hell.... never want to accept loss with a smile. Of course we'll lose games but need to stop all those idiotic turnovers or loses will pile up. Iowa is a better team but it should have been competitive at least, the game was over in the first 10 mins.

Reaction Score
The only thing that has really changed post-MSG as opposed to pre-MSG is that Eric Cobb has emerged explosively as a legitimate big. The Iowa result was simply the inevitable hangover from the night before's intoxication -- not a bad trade-off, all in all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wasn’t the best matchup for them, could definitley use more talent on the court.....
Oh wait, Wilson and diarra are coming back.

They will be fine. It’s early.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm marginally dissapointed and thats about it. 1-1 was a good result. Better to beat cuse and lose like this to Iowa than beat Iowa and get rolled by cuse
Agreed ...Yes always better to beat Cuse then lose to them when talking tradeoffs.

Reaction Score
I think going into this week if we had said we'd go 1-1 we'd all be thrilled. It's after beating Cuse that this feels like a bit of a let down, but overall impressed with the guys this week. Today's game would've ended in a 30 pt loss last year. The guys continued to fight and play hard til the end. Bring on the rest of the non-conference and the AAC

Reaction Score
A good team has a loss like this and learns from it. They get better. And they learn how to handle all of the styles of play... and remember what didn't work.

Reaction Score
We learned about Cobb which is huge but you guys aren't worried about what we learned about Carlton?
I think we learned he had a couple of bad games. I think it’s too early to put Cobb down for all conference and too early to put Carlton down as a lost cause. He’s only a sophomore.

Reaction Score
I think we learned he had a couple of bad games. I think it’s too early to put Cobb down for all conference and too early to put Carlton down as a lost cause. He’s only a sophomore.
I would agree with you to an extent but I don't see it as an aberration. Cobb looks like a guy who can compete against strong guys down low, Carlton doesn't. My excitement for what Cobb showed is tempered by what I saw from Carlton.

Reaction Score
Not mad either. Hurley can only coach and he doesn’t have a magic lamp to produce the pieces that we are missing. Cobb has emerged. Let’s get Wilson and a Diarra back and see what the coach can do. Better start than last year.

Reaction Score
I would agree with you to an extent but I don't see it as an aberration. Cobb looks like a guy who can compete against strong guys down low, Carlton doesn't. My excitement for what Cobb showed is tempered by what I saw from Carlton.
Fair enough. I’m more encouraged by Cobb than I am discouraged by Carlton. Look at the difference in Cobb between last year and this year. Not saying Carlton “will” have a similar trajectory. But I’m not going to write him off. The skills are there. Just needs to adjust to this level. He’s getting better coaching, and we’ll need him to keep his confidence up and keep working hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom