Not Developing or Not Identifying Talent? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Not Developing or Not Identifying Talent?

Reaction Score
Jay took Brizzi over Diggins. It will be interesting to see how the two develop as neither has had the opportunity yet to show us what they have at this level.

Reaction Score
Hey - if you see progress with two first round exits to a 10 and 12 seed respectively with players that include an NBA lottery pick and 2 1st team all big East players this past season….that’s your prerogative. I see regression on the sidelines, a lot of extra foot stomping and whining, and increasingly poor rapport with league officials.

“sLaTeR iS a BeAsT wHo CaN sCoRe FrOm AlL tHrEe LeVeLs.”

Clown troll.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've been looking at DH's record with incoming freshman. I think I have covered everyone and it's not the best look. In four years we've developed 4 players that I'd consider starting caliber players (bouk, Jackson, sanogo and Hawkins)

Sid Wilson - transfer
Brendan Adams - transfer
Bouknight - nba
Akok - transfer
Gaff - transfer
Sanogo - current starter
Jackson - current starter
Springs - minimal minutes
Javonte Brown - transfer
Corey Floyd - transfer
Diggins - transfer
Samson Johnson - minimal minutes
Jordan Hawkins - solid player. Likely starter as sophomore

The reasons why guys on the above list didn't work out are all over the map. We've also entered the transfer portal era. Which changes everything and hit us hard this year.

I'm not 100% sure what to make of this. We've clearly improved. NCAA two years in a row is improvement. But if this was the pre-portal era I'd think DH is in significant trouble. Four players in four years that actually see legit playing time..... combined with a massive number of transfers. DH definitely needs to do better and I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm not sure if he's struggling to develop players or struggling to identify talent.

One thing we do have going for us. Of the 4 players that I identified earlier, 3 of them are still on the team and will be starting next year.

lol

Trust me, this crew does not want to even entertain the thought that Dan Hurley might not be perfect.

Reaction Score
“sLaTeR iS a BeAsT wHo CaN sCoRe FrOm AlL tHrEe LeVeLs.”

Clown troll.
Keep sipping Danny’d Kool-Aid. Guy made a massive jump from the 20-21 season. Open your eyes chump. You’d take him in a heartbeat, but too pompous to admit it.

Reaction Score
lol

Trust me, this crew does not want to even entertain the thought that Dan Hurley might not be perfect.
It's odd because I'm quite certain there are many who have issue with my post who also have their own criticisms of DH. Much more trivial and irrational criticisms. Nonsense like, "player X is averageing 6 minutes/game. Anything under 10 minutes/game is an outrage!"

It's as if people can't tolerate any UCONN criticism unless it's their own personal take.

Reaction Score
Keep sipping Danny’d Kool-Aid. Guy made a massive jump from the 20-21 season. Open your eyes chump. You’d take him in a heartbeat, but too pompous to admit it.
Imagine that @BigErnMcCracken typed Clown troll and you answered. I figured it would have been @BIIIG responding, but I supposed that you two are basically the same

Reaction Score
Imagine that @BigErnMcCracken typed Clown troll and you answered. I figured it would have been @BIIIG responding, but I supposed that you two are basically the same
Just seems like anyone that doesnt have the exact same point of view as you is considered a troll in your book.

Reaction Score
Just seems like anyone that doesnt have the exact same point of view as you is considered a troll in your book.
You can always put me on ignore, although that would be devastating...I'll get over it.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is weird. Are we really sitting here acting like Bouknight being out wasn’t a huge deal compared to someone being out this year. This team was very much so a next man up team as long as it wasn’t cole. That was not the case with Bouknight last year. There was no replacing him.

I don’t know why that’s hard to understand.
If they don't agree with you, you just wrong...same happened to me yesterday

Reaction Score
I've been looking at DH's record with incoming freshman. I think I have covered everyone and it's not the best look. In four years we've developed 4 players that I'd consider starting caliber players (bouk, Jackson, sanogo and Hawkins)

Sid Wilson - transfer
Brendan Adams - transfer
Bouknight - nba
Akok - transfer
Gaff - transfer
Sanogo - current starter
Jackson - current starter
Springs - minimal minutes
Javonte Brown - transfer
Corey Floyd - transfer
Diggins - transfer
Samson Johnson - minimal minutes
Jordan Hawkins - solid player. Likely starter as sophomore

The reasons why guys on the above list didn't work out are all over the map. We've also entered the transfer portal era. Which changes everything and hit us hard this year.

I'm not 100% sure what to make of this. We've clearly improved. NCAA two years in a row is improvement. But if this was the pre-portal era I'd think DH is in significant trouble. Four players in four years that actually see legit playing time..... combined with a massive number of transfers. DH definitely needs to do better and I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm not sure if he's struggling to develop players or struggling to identify talent.

One thing we do have going for us. Of the 4 players that I identified earlier, 3 of them are still on the team and will be starting next year.
No comment, other than James is in the G League not the NBA, the last I heard.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is weird. Are we really sitting here acting like Bouknight being out wasn’t a huge deal compared to someone being out this year. This team was very much so a next man up team as long as it wasn’t cole. That was not the case with Bouknight last year. There was no replacing him.

I don’t know why that’s hard to understand.
James leaving when he did, was really bad for him and terrible for the program. Where was the Adult in the room?

Reaction Score
Not blind faith at all, we have improved each year under DH, that's a factp. Take your turd show somewhere else Poosie.
Same result as last year but losing this time in round 1 to a lower seeded team. Record is deceiving considering the cupcake OOC schedule

Reaction Score
It's odd because I'm quite certain there are many who have issue with my post who also have their own criticisms of DH. Much more trivial and irrational criticisms. Nonsense like, "player X is averageing 6 minutes/game. Anything under 10 minutes/game is an outrage!"

It's as if people can't tolerate any UCONN criticism unless it's their own personal take.
It would be so easy for all here on the Boneyard to just say DH can do no wrong ever. Sounds like the Ministry of Truth from 1984

Reaction Score
James leaving when he did, was really bad for him and terrible for the program. Where was the Adult in the room?
ehhhh had injury history in high school, and got hurt again in his sophomore year. If you have a lottery projections in the draft and have been hurt twice in 3 years I think you got to take the money. At least, that's what an adult would do

Reaction Score
lol

And by "this crew" that thinks Hurley can't do any wrong, you mean the folks who think Hurley clearly whiffed on a couple key recruits but had a chance to fill out a strong roster in the portal (which he seems very likely to accomplish)? Your take on this situation was pretty bad from the beginning and it's aging even worse.

Reaction Score
Your obsession with me is bordering on weird.
nqvqXensHIZ2.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom