Northwestern Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Northwestern Post Game Thread

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Neither team shot the 3 worth a damn, I am going to chalk it up as an aberration and not worry about it. During NW's run I think Castle was sitting for most of it? As soon as he came back in though, it was over. Another good showing IMO from Sampson, he's fast and bouncy which is unusual for a big. Love the AJ Jr 3, like the cherry on top of the win!

@GotNets? I could hear at least two of the U-C-O-N-N chants during the game, it felt like a better crowd for us than the last game for sure on the TV.

Looking forward to Thursday game, let's go UConn!

Reaction Score
I agree the 3 point shooting was off last night and when this happens it scares the life out of me. Let's just hope they shoot through it. As for Castle I enjoyed watching him shutdown Buie who shot 2-15 from the floor who also seemed frustrated from the man to man and when he did get a step Clingan was waiting for him. Overall good defensive effort and enough inside play to get the win. I'm happy with that.

Reaction Score
To be fair, if you look at the entire season. How many stretches have we really looked sloppy, unfocused, not passionate enough?

You can probably count them on one hand. Being up 25+ for the first game and a half this week probably just let them slip for a few minutes. Not worried.

Truth is I think Dans focus was getting guys out of short weekend slumps shooting the ball in the 2nd half. But we should have been dumping it into DC, SJ and AK a lot more. Maybe he felt the assault he was taking from #32 from Northwestern without any calls was not worth taking a chance on getting him injured. We should’ve slammed it shut on the inside on O though and not slowed it down for long range shots. I’m sure those with the 14 1/2 points and the Huskies got a little nervous.

Reaction Score
I agree the 3 point shooting was off last night and when this happens it scares the life out of me. Let's just hope they shoot through it. As for Castle I enjoyed watching him shutdown Buie who shot 2-15 from the floor who also seemed frustrated from the man to man and when he did get a step Clingan was waiting for him. Overall good defensive effort and enough inside play to get the win. I'm happy with that.

There’s a chance that they didn’t like the arena and weren’t comfortable with the background for shooting. They missed many badly which is strange for this team. Hoping they love Boston and all is forgotten.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Questions for folks at home and at Barclays. I was in the 200s and saw a lot of NU fans. They bought up lots of good tickets in the 100s. Were they louder than us?

I was screaming at the top of my lungs so I couldn’t tell very well. What did it sound like on TV?

Think we all need to shell out for Boston.
I sat in 110, just a couple sections from their main section area - they were standing and cheering throughout even their team didn't have a chance. Credit to them for that.

Another thing I noticed is that the acoustics for band songs did not sound that great at Barclays, it's just a large open area and doesn't keep noise insulated well. Anyone else notice ?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You and your son have this beautiful memory and keepsake the rest of your lives unless of course it finds its way to EBAY. just kidding!
All good both my sons are kind of into collectibles. I really want to go to Boston. Means they will miss two days of school but it might be worth it. Doing the math tonight. I really could not believe it when Hurley looked right at my son and signed with the blue marker . Steph had signed first I missed that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom