Northwestern Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Northwestern Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Hopefully this cold shooting night was an aberration. Get it out of the way in an early round game. Hopefully their hot thursday/Saturday
I hope so too
Unfortunately I the last good outside shooting game Karaban had was the game I saw live.... .

.. at the AMP in Providence. He came up with clutch rebounds there at the end but he is simply missing his open shots.

Reaction Score
He wasn't the best player on the floor. But he is very good. Credit to Castle and Diarra for their amazing defense.
Anyone who went into this game and declared him the best player on the floor is an imbecilic.

Reaction Score
Gotta sharpen the focus it ain’t gonna be easy next weekend
Eeehhh agree on the first part. But I think we dispatch of Yale or SDSU rather easily

Reaction Score
Start Andre Johnson at SG. LOL! He was the only person that it seemed could make a 3 for us in second half. We have to shoot better from 3 than 14% as the tournament gets harder. Karaban is just off. Love to see Clingagn healthy and dominating. Also, Castle holding their PG to under 10 pts and 2-15 was magnificent d. He is such a great defensive player.
If he continues to play like that defensively it will be very disruptive for other teams to run their offense. You add Diarras defense and that combo can push this team to a repeat. If you can disrupt the other teams backcourt and your odds of winning go way, way up.
Edit: and of course Clingan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Back to back sweet 16 appearances it’s ok to celebrate that for tonight of course we had to do that before the ultimate goal.

Getting Clingan through half with 1 foul is huge should also be a goal to Castle through the half with 1 foul.

Reaction Score
No team is as complete as UConn. Even when something isnt working (has to be their worst 3-point shooting all year!), they can turn to DC and penetration for easy buckets and a blowout win. The defense is always elite. They will be tough to beat!

Reaction Score
Back to back sweet 16 appearances it’s ok to celebrate that for tonight of course we had to do that before the ultimate goal.

Getting Clingan through half with 1 foul is huge should also be a goal to Castle through the half with 1 foul.
he's extremely locked in on defense. excited to see him the next game, but he is peaking with his awareness on pnr defense and looks in prime physical shape. I havent seen one of those typical clingan overextend's on a help possession; he's just where he needs to be all the time using length.

Jay wright said it best in that segment, big men can develop at a rapid rate due their influence on the game with their size.

Reaction Score
I hope so too
Unfortunately I the last good outside shooting game Karaban had was the game I saw live.... .

.. at the AMP in Providence. He came up with clutch rebounds there at the end but he is simply missing his open shots.
U better start making travel plans

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom