North Carolina St vs Mississippi St - 3/23/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

North Carolina St vs Mississippi St - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
NC St could be ahead if they were a tad patience. They have pulled TM away from the basket many times and can’t make a shot! MS not impressive, they are playing a team that doesn’t know any better Head bang

What’s not impressive?
Shooting over 50% & McCowan has 16 points and 8 boards at halftime?

Three point shot 2-7 is the only thing that needs to improve.

Reaction Score
NC St could be ahead if they were a tad patience. They have pulled TM away from the basket many times and can’t make a shot! MS not impressive, they are playing a team that doesn’t know any better Head bang
Her stats don’t impress me.. NC not making shots. Going right past McGowan and shots not being made.. She’s out by perimeter and NC goes to hoop and miss shots.

Reaction Score
McCowan looking good.
18 pts (8-8), 8 reb, 3 blk early in the third

Reaction Score
Miss State isn’t as good as their record indicates. McCowan won’t be able to get every missed shot against Baylor or UConn if it gets to that point.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Another game where the refs are tilting the court in favor of the "favorite". The 4th foul on Maize is a joke and McCowan has been mugging her on the other end and of cours the refs are not calling it.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And then the coach gets a T for pointing out the favoritism

Game over...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It should have been 4-5 charges against N.C. State. They have not called a charge all game.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I was focusing on the Baylor-OSU game, but some of the refs' decisions in this game were puzzling. I've been disappointed in Morgan William's shot this year, but she was pretty hot tonight. NC State seems to have shut down Schaefer, but McCowan -- sheesh! -- the futility of the NCState players trying to get the ball when McCowan was holding it over her head!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Like Puff, the Magic Dragon...I will sadly slip into my cave for another off season and look forward to posting on the Boneyard next season. NC State loses Maize and Nelson...everyone else comes back and we will have some outstanding freshman. Our new center will be 6' 5" Elissa Cunane, who led her high school team to a state title. I'm excited about seeing her wear the Red and White next year. Her parents went to NC State...and she has been a fan since she was a small child.

Good luck to fans of all teams who are still dancing in the tourney.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Like Puff, the Magic Dragon...I will sadly slip into my cave for another off season and look forward to posting on the Boneyard next season. NC State loses Maize and Nelson...everyone else comes back and we will have some outstanding freshman. Our new center will be 6' 5" Elissa Cunane, who led her high school team to a state title. I'm excited about seeing her wear the Red and White next year. Her parents went to NC State...and she has been a fan since she was a small child.

A very good season and a very good effort against the team playing 2nd best. McGowan was the difference.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

Congrats on a well played game and a really nice season for your team. I turned to my brother at some point in the 2nd Half when MSU was up by 12 and said it must be a sign of how good we are that I don't feel like we're playing all that well and I feel like NC State is playing well and we're comfortably ahead. Little too much Teaira tonight. We're very good most nights, but when she plays like that there are probably only 3 or 4 teams that can beat us, and one of them just went down.

Again, congrats.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn't think it was a superb game from MSU but they turned on the jets for a few minutes enough to get some separation and pull ahead comfortably. Good games from the top 3 players. Schaefer was off tonight and probably frustrated with some calls. I laughed to myself when I saw Blair and Vic have the same "ticked off" expression and the two look very much like father and daughter.

UCLA will be a true test since their two best players are the PG and and inside presence, which is one of the major reasons South Carolina has given MSU so many problems for a few years. Here is to a great game on Sunday.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Congrats on a fine season for the Wolfpack. I thought they did an amazing job coming back after losing those two outstanding guards who led them last year. Wes Moore is proving himself and it seems there is much to be excited about in Raleigh.

Reaction Score
And another thing. I’m still baffled at how UCONN lost to MS last year. I do know but still haven’t digested that loss. Yes I know I need to let it go.
It was real simple. UCONN just took MS too lightly and were not prepared mentally, they palsy that game 9 more times and UCONN wins 9 times.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Yep.... Cunane is from here Northern Guilford High School........... one small correction.... she led her high school team to back to back state titles ;) Look forward to seeing how she does on the ACC level. Leslie can be a star next season...... she's very good.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Another game where the refs are tilting the court in favor of the "favorite". The 4th foul on Maize is a joke and McCowan has been mugging her on the other end and of cours the refs are not calling it.

Wow, NC State called for 11 fouls total and the refs are still favoring MSU? That is the 2nd fewest fouls called on an MSU opponent all year.

Reaction Score
Wow, NC State called for 11 fouls total and the refs are still favoring MSU? That is the 2nd fewest fouls called on an MSU opponent all year.
There is not one foul nor any call against MSU that Vic isn't complaining on the side lines...lets see what happens with the next game...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom