North Carolina St vs Mississippi St - 3/23/18 | The Boneyard

North Carolina St vs Mississippi St - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'll be very surprised if Miss St has any trouble with NC St although a big upset would be fine with me.....
I actually want to see MS St make it to the FF for one reason. If Baylor gets by Louisville, there will be a war between MS St & Baylor in one semifinal with UConn likely facing either Oregon or ND in the other.

I think MS St wins vs Baylor, and I think UConn matches up better vs the Bulldogs than the Lady Bears.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Should be a pretty straight forward win for Mississippi State. They haven't looked as potent lately as they did earlier in the year, so we'll see if they can put together a solid game or start to struggle. NC State is a good team.

Reaction Score
I actually want to see MS St make it to the FF for one reason. If Baylor gets by Louisville, there will be a war between MS St & Baylor in one semifinal with UConn likely facing either Oregon or ND in the other.

I think MS St wins vs Baylor, and I think UConn matches up better vs the Bulldogs than the Lady Bears.

not according to last year.................:rolleyes:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I'm an 18%er... Hope for the underdawg...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
not according to last year.......:rolleyes:
That was last year. UConn has a much better defensive team, and Z presents an entirely different challenge for the Bulldogs and their large, mobility challenged center.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Miss St prior to the brackets being announced and the So Carolina loss was my lock for the F4. The So Carolina loss, showed me get McCowan into foul trouble, they aren't the same team. I think they easily win over NC State and if they face UCLA in the Regional Finals. Texas will give them a game, but they should prevail.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
My heart tells me NC State slows down Mississippi State and wins in a half-court affair. My head tells me that McCowan and Company are too much for the Wolfpack Women. I voted with my heart.

NC State CAN win this game...but a lot of things have to go right for them, and a lot has to go wrong for the Bulldogs. Rebounding will be key; can NC State avoid interior foul trouble trying to defend McCowan? Will their outside shots fall? Can they force Mississippi State to take bad shots and shoot a low percentage?

One thing I do know about this year's squad: they are tenacious and never quit. They'll fight the entire 40 minutes, even if they are behind. Although the Starting Five get the majority of the minutes, there are some unheralded bench players that have played key roles during the season that could make a difference in the game.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
NC State is usually good for an upset a year!! Maybe this year it’s thr NCAA?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just wished this game wasn't on at the same time as the Kansas vs clemson game. Probably won't get the chance to watch it til around 1am. Head bang Hate watching a game after I already know who won. Head bang

Reaction Score
Just wished this game wasn't on at the same time as the Kansas vs clemson game. Probably won't get the chance to watch it til around 1am. Head bang Hate watching a game after I already know who won. Head bang

I’ll probably flip back and forth and then eventually stick with the more competitive game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’ll probably flip back and forth and then eventually stick with the more competitive game.

I think Clemson is gonna surprise tonight

Reaction Score
I think Clemson is gonna surprise tonight

Oops, I thought you said something else. I’m not really into men’s basketball. I’ll be flipping between the two women’s regional games that are on at the same time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I want Vic to have to go back to the Piranhas on a Roast theme. Can't do that if they don't show up.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oops, I thought you said something else. I’m not really into men’s basketball. I’ll be flipping between the two women’s regional games that are on at the same time.
I really don't understand ESPN's commitment to WCBB. Tonight they are 4 games, with 2 starting at 7 something ET and then 2 starting at 9 something ET, so that you either need PIP or have to switch back and forth between ESPN and ESPN2 to catch all 4. Not very fan friendly. But tomorrow, there's another 4 games but they all start at different times. Fan friendly. Now I understand that one day is a weekday and one day is the weekend, but even so...come up with a better plan.

Reaction Score
I'll be very surprised if Miss St has any trouble with NC St although a big upset would be fine with me.....
If State follows the USC formula - encourage the officials to get McCowan off the floor- it'll make the upset much easier. I wouldn't sell Wes Moore short.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Surprisingly competitive after an early Miss lead. NC State brief lead. Miss back in front. 5 min left 2Q (I'm on streaming delay)

Reaction Score
NC St could be ahead if they were a tad patience. They have pulled TM away from the basket many times and can’t make a shot! MS not impressive, they are playing a team that doesn’t know any better Head bang

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
The Kansas * venue looks nearly empty. UConn ruins women's basketball again.

*Sorry, going back and forth is confusing. But Lexington doesn't look like it's overflowing either.

Reaction Score
Unsure how some of these McCowan shots are going in she is just turning and not even looking at the hoop.

Reaction Score
Is NC State better than people think, or is MSU playing an underwhelming game?

Would strongly prefer the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom