North Carolina @ North Carolina St (7) - 2/03/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

North Carolina @ North Carolina St (7) - 2/03/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hey, Minnesota just won two in a row including Rutgers. Let’s toss them a #7 seed.
I get that you're being humorous, but there's a massive gap between UNC's and MN's resumes.

Reaction Score
They're #22 in the RPI and they have wins over two top-10 teams. They're not a 3 seed but for sure they're in.

#22 at this time, but UNC pretty much finished their "strongest" part of their schedule. I have to believe the current RPI will go lower. The remainder of UNC's schedule are as follows; Duke (#70 RPI WarrenNolan.com), Clemson (#47), Pitt (#122), UVA (#104), BC (#102), NCST (#9) and Duke again to finish their regular season play.

As the other poster, shiverz45 stated they do currently have 9 losses. Will be interesting to see how UNC fairs in their last 6 games, will they get tripped up by one or multiple teams.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
UNC has really been playing better and the metrics prove that. While they had a poor OOC performance, they are coming on recently in conference play, suggesting they may be jelling. As mentioned, UNC is 22nd in RPI, with the 2nd ranked SOS. That may explain why they are ranked that high despite their high number of losses. And Massey likes the Tarheels as well; ranked 30th with a Massey Power Rating of 25th.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
#22 at this time, but UNC pretty much finished their "strongest" part of their schedule. I have to believe the current RPI will go lower. The remainder of UNC's schedule are as follows; Duke (#70 RPI WarrenNolan.com), Clemson (#47), Pitt (#122), UVA (#104), BC (#102), NCST (#9) and Duke again to finish their regular season play.

As the other poster, shiverz45 stated they do currently have 9 losses. Will be interesting to see how UNC fairs in their last 6 games, will they get tripped up by one or multiple teams.

WarrenNolan also has them #22 in predicted RPI. The weakening of the strength-of-schedule component of RPI will likely be offset by the improvement in their winning percentage.

Reaction Score
WarrenNolan also has them #22 in predicted RPI. The weakening of the strength-of-schedule component of RPI will likely be offset by the improvement in their winning percentage.

...why I can't understand this RPI system. I'll just leave it to the pros. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I get that you're being humorous, but there's a massive gap between UNC's and MN's resumes.

I’m being glib about NC suddenly deserving that much consideration, even after several losses. I’m not quite ready to drink the NC koolaid like Creme. Give me time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m being glib about NC suddenly deserving that much consideration, even after several losses. I’m not quite ready to drink the NC koolaid like Creme. Give me time.

Hopefully Duke will ..... add a lil something to that Koolaid on thursday night. Something that would leave the Koolaid undrinkable :p:cool:;):):D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's always more about the wins than about the losses:

Two weeks ago, North Carolina was 10-9 and an afterthought for the NCAA tournament. The Tar Heels were a top-50 RPI team because of a difficult schedule and a couple of decent wins, but teams merely one game above .500 aren't typically in the mix for an at-large berth.​
But after a four-game winning streak -- which includes a pair of key victories over top-10 teams -- North Carolina is solidly in the field. How did it turn around so fast? Big wins -- it's hard to get bigger than beating then-No. 1 Notre Dame and previously unbeaten NC State in an eight-day span -- are always going to help the résumé more than bad losses are going to hurt.

Reaction Score
So...how good is UNC? Beaten Notre Dame and previously undefeated NC State recently, will be a 4 game winning streak for them (beat VPI in honor of Triad and Georgia Tech as well)

So good that they lost to Maine at home.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Results of this game vs the results of the poll indicate a couple of things:
A) Boneyard prognosticators (collectively) aren't very good at predicting basketball game outcomes.
B) Boneyard prognosticators probably should not be putting money on any Super Bowl results!
Well I put money on the SB and won $2,500.00. Had LA winning the coin toss, NE winning by 10, the under, NE getting the first and last score, both field goals, NE getting the first touchdown, and NE having the first TO. The only thing I had wrong was the score on my bets. I had NE 27 - LA 17, boy was I off on that one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom