triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry LETTERL but I gotta do it

Wolfpack-Crying-Jordan-e1476615274274.jpg

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: UNC hands NC State its first loss of the season, 64-51. NC State falls to 21-1, 8-1 ACC. UNC improves to 14-9, 5-4 ACC.

Also ended NC State's 21-game home winning streak.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...how good is UNC? Beaten Notre Dame and previously undefeated NC State recently, will be a 4 game winning streak for them (beat VPI in honor of Triad and Georgia Tech as well)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So...how good is UNC? Beaten Notre Dame and previously undefeated NC State recently, will be a 4 game winning streak for them (beat VPI in honor of Triad and Georgia Tech as well)

It pains me to say it.... but look at their remaining schedule..... home vs Duke.... at Clemson... @ Pitt... home vs UVA... home vs BC..... home vs State.. and @ Duke. They might run the table.. :oops:

Reaction Score
It pains me to say it.... but look at their remaining schedule..... home vs Duke.... at Clemson... @ Pitt... home vs UVA... home vs BC..... home vs State.. and @ Duke. They might run the table.. :oops:
Knowing how UNC is they’ll probably lose at Clemson and even possibly at Duke.

Reaction Score
As we thought, NC State, while a good team and well-deserving of all the stories they got for being undefeated, no one ever really believed they were a true contender.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As we thought, NC State, while a good team and well-deserving of all the stories they got for being undefeated, no one ever really believed they were a true contender.

I still think they are a Sweet 16 team..... but all of their injuries finally caught up with them. Oh what could have been

Reaction Score
I still think they are a Sweet 16 team..... but all of their injuries finally caught up with them. Oh what could have been
There’s a difference of top-16 team & a championship contender.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

This is exactly the type of comment I knew was going to come as soon as NC State lost their first game. The season isn't over yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There’s a difference of top-16 team & a championship contender.

who said there wasnt a difference? I pointed out that they are still a team that could advance to the sweet 16 despite their injuries. If they make it that far... it would be a good season for them. Where would UConn or any team be if they lost their starting PG, their leading scorer, and a reserve guard to ACL injuries?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
who said there wasnt a difference? I pointed out that they are still a team that could advance to the sweet 16 despite their injuries. If they make it that far... it would be a good season for them. Where would UConn or any team be if they lost their starting PG, their leading scorer, and a reserve guard to ACL injuries?

Does UConn even have enough players to field a team if they had 3 out w/ injuries?

Reaction Score
One has to also consider the Rivalry factor. I mean Cal beat Stanford and they are not even in the same league- except literally.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Love how quite a few posters this year will be negative to any team (and players too) when given the opportunity. They probably complain when they are having...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Results of this game vs the results of the poll indicate a couple of things:
A) Boneyard prognosticators (collectively) aren't very good at predicting basketball game outcomes.
B) Boneyard prognosticators probably should not be putting money on any Super Bowl results!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One has to also consider the Rivalry factor. I mean Cal beat Stanford and they are not even in the same league- except literally.
I missed the Stanford loss on Thursday, but they made up for it the next game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
This weekend in Raleigh...

NC State MBB and WBB finished a combined 25-of-108 (23.1 percent) from the field, 10-of-53 (18.9) from behind the arc.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I found this nice summary on the NC State message boards. UNC just dominated NC State in all major categories Sunday.

Unc shot 38.5% FG, 23.5% 3FG. We shot 29.6%, 32% 3FG
We were outrebounded 42-40.

We committed more fouls 17-16.

We had more turnovers 14-5.

We had more blocks 6-2.

Unc had more steals 8-1.

Although I do think we are starting to see the effects of injuries and a limited bench, I do think something else is at play. Starting with the VaTech game two weeks ago, NC State has been playing what I call "tight" basketball, which may be a result of the winning streak. I know Coach Moore says they never talked about it, I suspect some of the team members were starting to feel the pressure of the increased scrutiny and publicity that came with being in the top 10 and still undefeated.

Now that THAT burden has been removed, it will be interesting to see if NC State can get back to what made them successful through the early part of the season...or is what we have witnessed this week (we were outrebounded by both Wake Forest and UNC) the "new normal" for the Wolfpack Women as our schedule gets more challenging. We'll find out Thursday night against Florida State.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll have whatever Charlie is drinking...in the next bracketology UNC will probably be a 3 seed.
They're #22 in the RPI and they have wins over two top-10 teams. They're not a 3 seed but for sure they're in.

Reaction Score
Hey, Minnesota just won two in a row including Rutgers. Let’s toss them a #7 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom