OT: - Norm Macdonald gone at 61 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Norm Macdonald gone at 61

Reaction Score
My favorite comedian. Lots of people didn’t get his humor. I don’t trust those people (mrs RI included). He 100 percent did the comedy his way. Far and away best weekend update anchor, hammering the same jokes. I’ll miss him.
The funniest people in comedy thought he was the funniest. Besides having the best stories, delivery, and being weirdly organic he never played the game for more fame and when everyone else turned on people like Louis and Roseanne he was there for them. It's no surprise that Conan and Dave loved his genius while Fallon banned him from his show because Norm made Fallon's writers cry. The comedy world lost a lot with Norm's passing.

Reaction Score

didn't see anyone else post it, so i will. speaking as a 30-year old, this was my introduction to norm macdonald. completely blew my mind at the time. still can't listen without laughing. rip.

This bit at Saget's roast is considered a comedy classic. He literally stood up there and told corny joke after corny joke, on purpose! He never broke character and was absolutely fearless. His lack of "giving-a-" is what made this schtick so legendary.
"Some people say Bob should join the KKK. Not because he's racist, he's not racist. It's just that he'd look a lot better with a hood over his head, on account of his face". It was so so bad, that it was good. If you get a chance, check out "Hitler's Dog". RIP

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You know who's happy about this news? You guessed it...rich white guys.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This bit at Saget's roast is considered a comedy classic. He literally stood up there and told corny joke after corny joke, on purpose! He never broke character and was absolutely fearless. His lack of "giving-a-" is what made this schtick so legendary.
"Some people say Bob should join the KKK. Not because he's racist, he's not racist. It's just that he'd look a lot better with a hood over his head, on account of his face". It was so so bad, that it was good. If you get a chance, check out "Hitler's Dog". RIP
This hurts.

This, plus his Howard Stern appearances, are what I remember most about Norm. This is the greatest roast set ever.

Then toss in Billy Madison, Dirty Work, SNL...he’s an all time great.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Norm is the best kind of comic. If you don't get the joke, he's not going to stop what he's doing and explain it to you or wink at you so you know he's kidding or it's a bit. He always understood that as soon as you explain a funny bit, you've sucked all the comedy out of the room.

Reaction Score
Lost two of my favorites in two weeks. Sean Lock (British guy) and now Norm. Reeeeealy gonna miss ‘em.
Was binge-watching 8oo10cdc this summer and it's just a shock that these two are suddenly gone. Cancer sux :mad:

Reaction Score
Loved his bit at the ESPYs when he called out Charles Woodson. Norm mentioned that he was the first defensive player to win the Heisman. Woodson looked pretty uncomfortable when Norm was talking to him. Then Norm said something like "You can never take that away from him unless he kills his wife and his waiter".

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Loved his bit at the ESPYs when he called out Charles Woodson. Norm mentioned that he was the first defensive player to win the Heisman. Woodson looked pretty uncomfortable when Norm was talking to him. Then Norm said something like "You can never take that away from him unless he kills his wife and his waiter".

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score

That is awesome. Never had seen that clip.

And they’ll still take it away if you live in CA, where “murder is now legal….”

Reaction Score
Dan Patrick had old interview with Norm during the third hour (9/15/2021) starting around 24 minute mark. Not his best stuff but fans might enjoy it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom