Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Seems to be some disconnect at ESPN.

Example: espn’ Hoopgurlz ranks Kennedy Smith the 6th best in the 2024 class. This article ranks her the 5th best across three classes!

Noticed that with a few different people. Cambridge is ranked third best in ‘24 and didn’t make the Top 10. Vukosa 5 spots ahead of Robinson, despite being ranked behind her in class rankings, same with Betts and Davidson for ‘25.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
While they do place some value on potential, a normal class ranking places more weight on where a prospect is currently, including recent AAU/tournament performances (we see this when a prospect drops in rankings after a major injury/missing AAU season). It feels like this ranking places more value in overall ceiling as a prospect at the next level. They did explain their methodology, even though it’s a little convoluted.

This would explain why some prospects are higher in the current class rankings, but they are surpassed by players behind them in this ranking. That lower ranked player likely projects as a better college or pro prospect.

Reaction Score

For comparison:

Sometimes these lists age well, sometimes they don't age well, when referred back to.

Reaction Score
For comparison:

Sometimes these lists age well, sometimes they don't age well, when referred back to.

This one is "prospects", so a little different, but I'd say more than half didn't live up to the expectation (though a couple for outside or unknown reasons)

Reaction Score
On ESPN's top 10 for 2024 four of the ten are committed and none of them made the list. This looks more like a top 10 uncommitted list.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Comparing Angel Reese to Jonquel Jones was insane.
A lot of these comparisons don't make sense. Azzi's playing style is similar to AD? Don't see the similarities. Others don't seem fair as we've yet to really see them play at the college level (e.g. DeRosario - Tina Charles).

Reaction Score
Seems to be some disconnect at ESPN.

Example: espn’ Hoopgurlz ranks Kennedy Smith the 6th best in the 2024 class. This article ranks her the 5th best across three classes!

There always will be a disconnect with ESPN. Would love to see an average from various people who follow AAU and FIBA closely. My thought is that it may provide a more balanced perspective.

Reaction Score
Who do we got for Koval? LSU or ND? I still think Strong is going to LSU. So maybe Koval to ND? It was her last OV.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Who do we got for Koval? LSU or ND? I still think Strong is going to LSU. So maybe Koval to ND? It was her last OV.

No Way Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

Most likely.

Reaction Score
While I'm in agreement with you on Koval most likely landing at ND to my knowledge she has not yet visited Miami and would likely be doing so this weekend. While a remote possibility somehow they got Oldacre over Tennessee and NC State and Spearman over Louisville and S.Carolina before their success of last season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, I'll give Kateryna Koval credit: she is true to her word. Kate said she'd visit all the schools she was interested in and -- bingo -- here we are.

- LSU is known as the place to go for NIL money. Kim's coming on strong. Plus, she's got this habit of getting players that result in national championships and/or making long runs into the tournament.
and
Two schools with education taglines, which Koval is on record as saying is important.
  • Stanford: Take over for Cameron Brink and it's now in the ACC. As for distance, her parents are from Ukraine, so what's a few more hours in a plane?
  • Notre Dame. Rumored to have come on strong and Niele closed well last year. Koval would also have the benefit of playing her first year with Olivia Miles, Sonia Citron and possibly Maddy Westbeld.
Post Coach Owens has helped posts Dev Peters, Natalie Achonwa, Jess Shepard and Bri Turner reach the WNBA, a stated goal of Koval's.

As an Irish fan with Ukrainian background, I'd love to see Kateryna Koval end up in South Bend. But won't get too high or too low.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My guess is LSU. Their On3 site already said a commitment would be coming within a week and while they did not know exactly who it would be, Koval's announcement makes it seem like it will be her.

Reaction Score
The European power is committing to an academic power 9/10 times. I doubt it’ll be LSU, I can’t remember the last time a Europe recruit went to BR. ND is the obvious choice. Plus lsu just signed Rosario.

Now if Lsu does miss on strong Kim failed pretty miserably this recruiting cycle putting her eggs into such a small basket with no backup options…

Reaction Score
My guess is LSU. Their On3 site already said a commitment would be coming within a week and while they did not know exactly who it would be, Koval's announcement makes it seem like it will be her.
Well, it won’t be Strong as she is at Louisville this weekend and Uconn in a couple weeks. I think they visited LSU at the same time.

Reaction Score
ESPN #39 Eris Lester is visiting Mississippi State this weekend. She has now visited five of her final 7 schools...Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia and Mississippi State. That leaves only two, Vanderbilt and Florida State.

Reaction Score
While I'm in agreement with you on Koval most likely landing at ND to my knowledge she has not yet visited Miami and would likely be doing so this weekend. While a remote possibility somehow they got Oldacre over Tennessee and NC State and Spearman over Louisville and S.Carolina before their success of last season.
Well, I'm gonna say Stanford just to split the garnet crystal ball.

Reaction Score
SC fans, is Adhel Tac on campus this weekend for an OV? Anxiously awaiting her decision.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Despite LSU’s initial optimism, academics will likely prevail for Koval so Stanford or ND.

At least the Koval family got to visit Kate’s brother who is a grad student at LSU.

Reaction Score
For comparison:

Nice for me to see Oregon Duck Sammie Wagner on that (first) list. Heady company. She spent last season practicing with the Ducks as an early HS grad. Ready for a starting spot? I don’t know enough yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom