Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
According to Twitter PG Trinity Turner is visiting Mississippi State this weekend. Coach Purcell has done a great job of bringing in higher level recruits this fall.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Texas and SC gonna dominate the SEC in the coming years
We'll see. Texas hasn't exactly been dominating the Big 12 since Schaefer took over. One would think the SEC will be tougher than the Big 12.

And yeah, you're doing your usual shtick of pretending LSU doesn't exist. The Horns are gonna be at best 3rd in the pecking order, until they prove otherwise.

Reaction Score
We'll see. Texas hasn't exactly been dominating the Big 12 since Schaefer took over. One would think the SEC will be tougher than the Big 12.

And yeah, you're doing your usual shtick of pretending LSU doesn't exist. The Horns are gonna be at best 3rd in the pecking order, until they prove otherwise.
Texas had a bit of injuries but they have some excellent talents lined up in the coming years and in this class.

LSU will be solid but they are not going to compete towards the very top after they lose Reese/Hailey Van Lith with no elite prospects on the way (unless they go the portal route). Their 24 class is in the danger zone, putting all their eggs into the Strong/Koval/Cambridge basket and all 3 are leaning towards other schools currently. (Koval- ND, Strong- UCONN, and Cambridge- OSU).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Texas had a bit of injuries but they have some excellent talents lined up in the coming years and in this class.

LSU will be solid but they are not going to compete towards the very top after they lose Reese/Hailey Van Lith with no elite prospects on the way (unless they go the portal route). Their 24 class is in the danger zone, putting all their eggs into the Strong/Koval/Cambridge basket and all 3 are leaning towards other schools currently. (Koval- ND, Strong- UCONN, and Cambridge- OSU).
I wouldn't call myself a fan of Mulkey, but she rarely had a lull at Baylor. I think she'll find some players, whether it be from high school or the portal.

Tennessee fans probably think they are in the conversation for the upper tier of the SEC in the coming years, but I have my doubts about the Vols.

Reaction Score

Are people forgetting their 2023 class? Two top 10 players in Williams and Del Rosario is a pretty good start. Plus all the NIL stuff with always attract transfers to LSU. They may strike out om recruits this year, but Mulkey has shown she can hit the portal hard.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
SECbbfan is trolling y’all pretty hard. Lol
Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

Reaction Score
Where was my comment wrong? LSU will be a good team in the future but their HS recruiting looks brutal right now at least for this class.
“Brutal? Heck yeah it looks brutal. As we get down to the last month and a half, They are a finalist on several of the top 5-ish prospects in this class. Get one and it’s a good class. Get two and it’s a brutal class - to the rest of the SEC - especially considering last year’s no. 1 class

Strong, Koval, Cambridge are known. Maybe Edwards. O’Neal looks like a solid, true post. Yeah, The poor mouthing about recruiting looks fake and is ridiculous at this point.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
“Brutal? Heck yeah it looks brutal. As we get down to the last month and a half, They are a finalist on several of the top 5-ish prospects in this class. Get one and it’s a good class. Get two and it’s a brutal class - to the rest of the SEC - especially considering last year’s no. 1 class

Strong, Koval, Cambridge are known. Maybe Edwards. O’Neal looks like a solid, true post. Yeah, The poor mouthing about recruiting looks fake and is ridiculous at this point.
Exactly this. And I happen to believe LSU has a really good shot at Cambridge. Strong and Koval seem to really like LSU too.

For context, SC has had several #1/#2 classes now and we’ve never followed up a top ranked class with ANOTHER top ranked class (usually they are top 10ish). And several of our top ranked classes came together very late in the timeline. Not sure what SECbbfan is expecting, but it wouldn’t surprise me if LSU followed up that #1 class with 1 or 2 top 10/15ish players in ‘24 to supplement ‘23. You don’t need a #1 class every year to build a formidable roster. You just need to be in the elite mix and grab a few here or there when you can.

And even if LSU strikes out this year and brings in 1 or 2, so what. You’ll be fine. I remember in 2018 when SC was runner up or a finalist for several big players in that class - Christyn Williams, DeCosta, NaLyssa Smith, Nelson-Ododa, Rhyne Howard, Balogun, Massengill plus several others and missed on all. This was the year AFTER our first championship. None of them came. We only brought in Henderson, Saxton, and Wesolek that year (that turned out well in hindsight). Gamecock fans were concerned. What happened the following year?

Aliyah Boston. Zia Cooke. Laeticia Amihere. Brea Beal.

Two years later?

Raven Johnson. Saniya Rivers (still hurts), Sania Feagin. Bree Hall.

Two years after that?

Fulwiley, Kitts, Johnson, Jah.

WBB recruiting is all about how you string together classes and supplement and Kim Mulkey is great at stringing together talent. If we’re being honest, few people in WBB are better at that than her. We have no reason to think that won’t continue.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I on the other hand, believe we have a great shot at landing both Strong & Koval, and a decent shot at Cambridge as well since we're her last visit.

But we shall see..

Reaction Score
O’Neal
Speaking of I know LSU and her haven't been in contact in months with no official visit scheduled with them this fall (maybe that changes). She has visits with Baylor, TN, Florida and a couple other schools this fall. Will be weird not to see an O'Neal attend LSU like her siblings and dad. She is raw offensively but an amazing athlete/rebounder. With the right development she will be a nice college player.

Reaction Score
I on the other hand, believe we have a great shot at landing both Strong & Koval, and a decent shot at Cambridge as well since we're her last visit.

But we shall see..
She has put out a visit schedule? ( I don’t think we have much confidence in getting Cambridge and are satisfied with Maddy as our pg for this class). My hunch is that she is pretty serious about tOSU and not just because of her sister. Of course, I have a pretty weak history on hunches.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Jaloni has put out a schedule but one of the reporters from On3’s LSU site has reported when she is visiting LSU.

I have to think that next weekend will be a big recruiting weekend for SC as there are only two more weekends where SC has a home football game before the girls head to Paris.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don’t think Jaloni has put out a schedule but one of the reporters from On3’s LSU site has reported when she is visiting LSU.

I have to think that next weekend will be a big recruiting weekend for SC as there are only two more weekends where SC has a home football game.
Which I've heard is her last visit, I don't know when she's visiting the other schools though.

Reaction Score
Another young phenom with Team Taurasi? Just stumbled upon mention of a c/o 2028 (same as 6'5" Sydney "Bean" Douglass", while UConn offer Kaleena Smith is c/o 2027) who already has South Carolina, Arizona, and Miss State offers. Her name is Tatiana Griffin.

Love her game on video.

12-YEAR OLD Tatianna Griffin drops 31 PTS!

If 6'5" Sydney Douglass is a "point forward" as she's been dubbed, then Griffin is definitely a "power guard"—extremely strong. Shades of Arike Ogunbowale but smoother.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom