Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 52 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I live in Colorado so I’ll recruit her to Baylor myself lol jk
Sure, go ahead. No one will notice. Lol
Seriously, if I'm Lauren, Baylor is on the list for more than "it was Griner's school". Bill Brock is one of the top post coaches in the country. Look at Kalani Brown, Sophia Young, Danielle Wilson, Griner, Egbo..etc. He has developed some great players.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Seems like the elite athletes in Colorado in just about every sport end up at Stanford. Regardless, none of her finalists are in her current time zone.

Surprised ASU is on her list and not Arizona as it seems Adia Barnes is in contention for just about everyone these days.

Reaction Score
Anything is possible but, I would be very surprised if she chooses UConn. Betts split time at center with DeBerry on the USA u17 team.
Actually it was the 2019 U16 team and the time split of Betts 20 mpg and DeBerry 14 mpg was only that close because all the games were blowouts. Betts averaged 12.2 ppg and 13.5 rpg and was the dominant force inside for the US. By the time she gets to college, I doubt she’ll be splitting time in the middle with any team at the rate she’s progressing.

Reaction Score
Or she can follow in her favorite player Griner’s footsteps and go to Baylor

Speaking of Baylor, I see that their lone commit Maryam Dauda has been impressing a lot this summer, with her stock continuing to rise. She is supposedly right near 6'6.... Will just need to put on some muscle when she gets to college but looks to have a crazy high ceiling. Dangerous combination to have someone that size drain 3's so easily with what she can do down low.

Reaction Score
Is there any thought as to which of these she might be leaning?

Meh, at this point, she appears to be open to any school she thinks can compete for a NC. Maybe a bit of a showboat in her "choices." Of course, she has a right to show it.

Would love to see her cross the company to the Southeastern contender with the massive crowds, but I don't see it happening.

Barring a miracle, i hope she chooses Stanford. Don't wanna see her at UConn. Sorry hosts.

Reaction Score
It’s okay, you’ll have to compete with my efforts to bring her to Stanford as a Denverite myself.

As an aside, do you have a local team you like here? I’m very excited by Doisha Woods at DU.
Honestly I don’t but I really do want to start following more local sports here! Didn’t really get into college sports till I went to college. Haha

Reaction Score
Sure, go ahead. No one will notice. Lol
Seriously, if I'm Lauren, Baylor is on the list for more than "it was Griner's school". Bill Brock is one of the top post coaches in the country. Look at Kalani Brown, Sophia Young, Danielle Wilson, Griner, Egbo..etc. He has developed some great players.
True! Our post play has been amazing over the years!

Reaction Score
Speaking of Baylor, I see that their lone commit Maryam Dauda has been impressing a lot this summer, with her stock continuing to rise. She is supposedly right near 6'6.... Will just need to put on some muscle when she gets to college but looks to have a crazy high ceiling. Dangerous combination to have someone that size drain 3's so easily with what she can do down low.

Yes I’m excited to see her play! I’m hoping that with her being Baylor’s only 2021 commit, Baylor will land some big time 2022 commits! That year we will lose Smith, Egbo, Bickle, and T.Oliver. Gusters will be a junior in 22-23 so if Betts commit she won’t have to wait too long to play

Reaction Score
Betts' list basically reads like a "who's who" of present day Women's college basketball...as it consists of 7 of the top 10 teams in the Nation with the most hype/buzz for winning National Championships within the next 6 years, with Ucla and ASU being the outliers. Hope she picks one of the 2 outliers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually it was the 2019 U16 team and the time split of Betts 20 mpg and DeBerry 14 mpg was only that close because all the games were blowouts. Betts averaged 12.2 ppg and 13.5 rpg and was the dominant force inside for the US. By the time she gets to college, I doubt she’ll be splitting time in the middle with any team at the rate she’s progressing.
Do you think she'll choose UConn ?

Reaction Score
...as shocked as you were with Boston...lol...never count Dawn out...
I was not shocked that we were on Boston final list but was surprised we got her commitment. If Betts was on this side of the country then it would not surprise me at all. I would love to have a class of Watkins and Betts.

Reaction Score
I was not shocked that we were on Boston final list but was surprised we got her commitment. If Betts was on this side of the country then it would not surprise me at all. I would love to have a class of Watkins and Betts.

I don’t think we get both if that’s the case. They’re both listed as a Post. If we don’t get Betts we’ll be all in on Watkins and vice versa.

Reaction Score
Griner, as good as she was, should have been better.
So true. She completely blossomed as part of the national team under Geno..... I think if you asked her if she had to do it all over again she would pick UConn...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Griner, as good as she was, should have been better.

Griner improved an insane amount at Baylor. Griner's lack of sheer dominance in the pros is on her rather than Kim IMO. Kim did a fantastic job coaching her--they just choked hard in 2011 and 2013 (and then a lot afterward until 2019) but Kim did a great job of developing Griner as a player.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't know but I would be shock if SC is on her final list. If I were to guess I would say somewhere in the Pac 12.

Why do you think that? She'd have 1 year overlap with Boston and their stellar 2019 class as likely title favorites. The next year she takes over as the starting center who pairs well with Feagin and has 3 years with their loaded 2021 class. I just looked her up and her birthday is in October, so she'd be eligible to declare after her junior year with the class of Rivers/Feagin. Dawn has done a great job with forwards/posts to like Wilson/Coates/MHH. I'd think SC is one of the favorites if she's wanting to get playing time and win titles.

Reaction Score
Do you think she'll choose UConn ?
I really have no idea what she'd be thinking. I was just pointing out that she'll be in a position to go wherever she's most comfortable with no concerns of whether DeBerry or any other big is there. Her potential ceiling is higher than any other post in the country IF she picks the right coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom