Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sedonia Prince will be the one of the top four players in the Pac-12 this year. (save this post to prove me wrong)

First she has to be able to stay on a team/roster for two consecutive years without having an “episode”/“meltdown”/etc. Hasn’t happened in the preceding 5 years.

Hazarding a guess that the chances of her playing at Oregon on the 2021/2022 team are less than 10%.

Reaction Score
First she has to be able to stay on a team/roster for two consecutive years without having an “episode”/“meltdown”/etc. Hasn’t happened in the preceding 5 years.

Hazarding a guess that the chances of her playing at Oregon on the 2021/2022 team are less than 10%.
You really know how to kick the hornet's nest. The West Coasters are gonna love this prediction. Lol.

Reaction Score
You really know how to kick the hornet's nest. The West Coasters are gonna love this prediction. Lol.

West Coaster here. I think the jury is still out on Price. I’m not holding my breath until I see her play on the court. I don’t think there’s really any hornets nests here unless we want to discuss how badly someone screwed up in making sure she got the best care and coverage possible for her health. In any case, I hope she does well, and ruins UCLA’s shot at a title this year to the benefit of Stanford.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
West Coaster here. I think the jury is still out on Price. I’m not holding my breath until I see her play on the court. I don’t think there’s really any hornets nests here unless we want to discuss how badly someone screwed up in making sure she got the best care and coverage possible for her health. In any case, I hope she does well, and ruins UCLA’s shot at a title this year to the benefit of Stanford.

For what it's worth, the top 3-4 prediction is also Graves's (although he said he shouldn't say so before doing just that). At other times last year he called Sedona Prince a "game-changer" and noted that, once healthy, she dominated more than her share of practices during the second half of the season. He's has also said she reminds him a bit of Bill Walton (the college version, thank goodness!). Of course, all of this is obviously yet to be proven, but Graves has been quite realistic and more accurate than not when talking about the players at Oregon.

As for staying, she appears to be joined at the hip with Nyara Sabally, with whom she spent most of last year rehabbing, as well as very close to other members of the team. And Oregon could not have had a more enthusiastic fan on the bench last year.

So there is a lot of hope in Eugene. (With a team full of unproven newcomers there has to be.)

Reaction Score

Think it is fairly common knowledge that she switched high schools, switched AAU Summer teams, switched colleges. Staying in one place for an extended period is normal for some folks but difficult for others. She is draft eligible after this year.

Reaction Score
Didn't take a week after her decommit .. One time Duke commit... gives a verbal to the real MSU.

Brooklyn probably changed her mind, at least in part, because of her "big" sis Lauren who is transferring to
MSU from Hawaii. (big sis? well, both are 6'4" :) ) As a Michigan State grad, I appreciate the "real MSU"
comment!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Brooklyn probably changed her mind, at least in part, because of her "big" sis Lauren who is transferring to
MSU from Hawaii. (big sis? well, both are 6'4" :) ) As a Michigan State grad, I appreciate the "real MSU"
comment!

I didn't know she had a sister who played basketball.... and wow.... will join her at MSU.

Reaction Score
There’s rumblings of a recruit committing to Stanford today, up in the air is who exactly this is. I’m excited to see who’s coming to the farm!

Reaction Score
There’s rumblings of a recruit committing to Stanford today, up in the air is who exactly this is. I’m excited to see who’s coming to the farm!
KiKi Irafen ?

Reaction Score
KiKi Irafen ?

She’s one of the potential options along with Fudd (to the collective horror of fans here). I personally think Iriafen is more likely. We’ll have to wait and see if the source is correct on something dropping.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She’s one of the potential options along with Fudd (to the collective horror of fans here). I personally think Iriafen is more likely. We’ll have to wait and see if the source is correct on something dropping.

Aren't there also reports that Fudd is no longer an option for Stanford?

Reaction Score
Aren't there also reports that Fudd is no longer an option for Stanford?

I don’t think there’s been definitive reports that I’ve seen, and as always, hope springs eternal.

Reaction Score
Off topic, but I’m hoping it’s a certain 6’5” player from San Diego committing to the Stanford VBall team. I follow Sanford VBall, and we have been waiting for her to announce

Reaction Score
Off topic, but I’m hoping it’s a certain 6’5” player from San Diego committing to the Stanford VBall team. I follow Sanford VBall, and we have been waiting for her to announce

I've been excited by this option as well. Definitely looking forward to seeing if that one pans out.

Reaction Score

Kiki looks great. Kind of reminds me of Baylor's Queen Egbo. She'd be a great get but I worry Stanford's backcourt is a bit thin and not holding my breath for Azzi Fudd.

Might have been nice if Jenna Brown redshirted since she played so little her first two years anyway

Reaction Score
Kiki looks great. Kind of reminds me of Baylor's Queen Egbo. She'd be a great get but I worry Stanford's backcourt is a bit thin and not holding my breath for Azzi Fudd.

Might have been nice if Jenna Brown redshirted since she played so little her first two years anyway
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Brown end up in the portal after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom