Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Diamond Johnson end up at UVA or NC State. She only moved to Philly in February of 2018 so she could be with her ailing dad. Prior to that she lived with her mom in Hampton, VA since fifth grade. So to me that very much puts the Cavs or Pack in play as much as Rutgers. I doubt she goes to BC and I’m not sure that Philly connection is enough to bring her to SC where they have good depth at positions Diamond and Eniya Russell play.

If she wants to start immediately, South Carolina might not be the choice, but there should be plenty of playing time. I'd suggest Cooke is going to settle in as more of the scoring guard.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
If she wants to start immediately, South Carolina might not be the choice, but there should be plenty of playing time. I'd suggest Cooke is going to settle in as more of the scoring guard.
Rutgers wouldn’t be the choice either. She’d have to play behind Zippy Broughton and Alexis Morris for 2 years. But with our system she’d get plenty of playing time.

Reaction Score
And then you get to see another transfer!
If not all most of of the top programs will have a transfer in the portal this year the next year, two, or 3...it’s just where we’re at in the climate of wbb, it is what it is

Reaction Score
If not all most of of the top programs will have a transfer in the portal this year the next year, two, or 3...it’s just where we’re at in the climate of wbb, it is what it is

Yeah, it seems like a lot are hopping between high end programs. Used to be a transfer would drop down for more playing time. Now it is high end starters that see their minutes threatened.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maddy Westbeld just sign her National Letter of Intent yesterday, formally committing to Notre Dame.

I'm including this profile, primarily because of the picture you'll see with Kathryn, Muffet McGraw and Maddy Westbeld. This is probably the most relaxed and happy smile you'll see on MM this fall, in part:
- she's surrounded by one of her sister acts (Mabrey1&2 and current walk-on twins, Margaret and Catherine Murdock, being the others); and,
- she just learned that Maddy has now grown to 6'3" tall, which gives coach some deparately needed height on the front line, along with 6'5" Nat Marshall.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the transfer culture continues next year and beyond now that the NCAA has decided to toughen up on transfer waivers

Reaction Score
Louisville’s guards/wings for 20-21:
- Dana Evans
- Seygan Robins
- Elizabeth Balogun
- Mykasa Robinson
- Norika Konno
- Lindsey Duvall
- Kianna Smith
- Nyah Green
- Ahlana Smith
- Merissah Russell
- Hailey Van Lith

I don’t think any other team in the country will have better guard depth. 3-4 deep at every position, many if which were top-30 players.

Reaction Score
Louisville fan here. Huge get for Walz, obviously. As the previous poster said, lots of 2s and 3s on the roster the next few years. The Kentucky players (Robins, Duvall and Robinson) won't play meaningful minutes and will either be content in that role or will move on. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the others.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Louisville fan here. Huge get for Walz, obviously. As the previous poster said, lots of 2s and 3s on the roster the next few years. The Kentucky players (Robins, Duvall and Robinson) won't play meaningful minutes and will either be content in that role or will move on. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the others.

Hard to differentiate from the Kentucky Derby but expect Hailey Van Lith to finish in the money. ;)

Reaction Score
So can we make fun of all the Baylor fans that thought she was going to Baylor, and who made fun of an OSU fan that thought the Beavers were in the running? I think I smell some irony or something.
Well... at least Baylor was actually in the running...

Feel bad for Rueck though. I went to see Hailey Van Lith play in a tournament in Phoenix a couple years ago and Rueck was there. There weren't a lot of big-time head coaches there, and he was clearly just for her (there were 10 games going on at any one time, but he was glued to the Cashmere game and I didn't see him at any others before or after). Woulda been a huge bump for his program.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I love Hailey Van Lith's grit but and energy, but given her size and stature, I (a) see much more limited upside potential for her as compared to fellow 2020 PGs Bueckers or Clark; and (b) think Louisville was the worst of her final four options in terms of the likelihood she'll be pushed to grow as a player. I'd love to grab a beer with Jeff Walz any day of the week, but player pusher he is not.

That said, of her purported final four (Louisville, UCLA, Oregon, and Baylor), only one coach (Kim) is really known for really pressing heavily on player development, so it's possible Hailey Van Lith wasn't seeking the kind of coach who really pushes his players (cough cough cough). [And speaking of which, do we know if Hailey Van Lith was not interested in UConn, or UConn not interested in her, or Bueckers simply committed first?]

Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson to Rutgers
Really nice class for Rutgers. I think Johnson is a little overrated, though she did have a terrific summer on the EYBL circuit.

SC obviously didn’t need a PG. Russell is listed a PG, but won’t she play mostly SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom