Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Amirah Abdur-Rahim in fact has committed to Notre Dame. Strange that she never announced it.
Not sure what to think of Hoopgurlz showing that she is committed. Don't see it on Instagram or anywhere else.

After Monday, Irish fans would surely welcome a 6'2 player with NBA bloodlines.

Reaction Score
I mean am I?

Your quote below

"here really is no need for an official. Hailey Van Lith has made numerous unofficial visits, knows OSU, and, has been in communication with the coaches for years. She is a PNW kid, small town, and her parents are very close with Hailey Van Lith. I cannot see her going to a top 10 school where her parents cannot get to her games. Lastly, she is very centered in her faith, as are most of the OSU Players."

Sounds like I am not stretching....Maybe an official was needed.....or wasn't because y'all weren't even in the top. But you sounded pretty cocky about landing her.
So it begs the question if she had what some of us may call "exceptional connections" in communication with coaches for years, then how come they could not close the deal? Maybe not offering an official visit was the difference?
Maybe someone will ask Hailey Van Lith about her reasons.

Reaction Score

They play Louisville commit Olivia Cochran on Saturday

Not sure what to think of Hoopgurlz showing that she is committed. Don't see it on Instagram or anywhere else.

After Monday, Irish fans would surely welcome a 6'2 player with NBA bloodlines.

She must have been the silent commit.

Reaction Score
Mayb she signed on the dashboard rather than the hood so no photos could be taken

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, assuming Amirah is the last ND commit, I give the Irish a solid B grade for this class.

With Clark it would have been an A but c'est la vie.

Three players who will be in the mix for HS AA honors plus another in the top 50 and a flyer on a lower ranked big with upside. Solid.

And three players in the 6'2 and up category (plus 6'0 Campbell) is very nice after watching ND get dwarfed on Monday.

Reaction Score
So who's left of top 50?

Hailey Van Lith.....
Uncommitted Top-100 Prospects
- Diamond Johnson (announcing Saturday I believe, down to SC, Rutgers, UVA, Boston College, and NC State (?))
- Hailey Van Lith (announcing Saturday down to Baylor and Louisville
- Deja Kelly (believed to be down to UNC and Texas A&M)
- Leilani Kapinus (down to two of Penn State, Wisconsin, LSU, Arizona, and Minnesota)
- Eniya Russell (down to SC, Indiana, Kentucky, Georgetown, and Miami)
- Aicha Coulibaly
- Sahara Jones (visited Florida, Texas, and TAMU)
- Sela Heide
- Tommisha Lampkin

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t think hailey will come to Louisville! After this year, Louisville has 11 players returning and 3 players signed for next year. There’s 8 guards returning and 2 guards signed for next year so a total of 10 guards. Hailey has said she wants immediate playing time so with 10 guards next year there is no guarantee playing time for her especially if balogun and Evans are already there. Plus, Nyah green reshirted so hailey would have lots of people to compete with for playing time. Baylor loses 2 starting guards in t’ea Cooper and juicy Landrum. They only have 4 guards coming back next year in didi Richards, moon ursin, trinity oliver and jordyn Oliver. Yes they signed Sarah Andrews but I have a feeling that hailey will go there since there’s 2 starting guards spot opened. I assume moon ursin will take one of the starting spots. I think that mulkey pitches to both Andrews and hailey that they can be unstoppable together the next 4 years playing together. If she does sign with Baylor, she or Andrews will get that last starting guard spot with the other coming first off the bench and still seeing a lot of playing time because they don’t have a lot of guards. Also, it seems like her faith is going to contribute in her decision and Baylor is a Christian school. Also, she wants to play for championships and Baylor has 3 championships and Louisville has none. Also, on social media, hailey follows a lot of the Baylor players and one of the assistant coaches and she doesn’t follow any of the coaching staff of Louisville. She also follows Hannah gusters and Sarah Andrews and they both have said that they weren’t done yet so I assume they know where hailey is going. Hailey also visited Baylor last with the other 2 and it was billed as “the big 3” and I feel like that is the final nail in the coffin. I think Baylor got her. Wish Saturday was here already

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t think hailey will come to Louisville! After this year, Louisville has 11 players returning and 3 players signed for next year. There’s 8 guards returning and 2 guards signed for next year so a total of 10 guards. Hailey has said she wants immediate playing time so with 10 guards next year there is no guarantee playing time for her especially if balogun and Evans are already there. Plus, Nyah green reshirted so hailey would have lots of people to compete with for playing time. Baylor loses 2 starting guards in t’ea Cooper and juicy Landrum. They only have 4 guards coming back next year in didi Richards, moon ursin, trinity oliver and jordyn Oliver. Yes they signed Sarah Andrews but I have a feeling that hailey will go there since there’s 2 starting guards spot opened. I assume moon ursin will take one of the starting spots. I think that mulkey pitches to both Andrews and hailey that they can be unstoppable together the next 4 years playing together. If she does sign with Baylor, she or Andrews will get that last starting guard spot with the other coming first off the bench and still seeing a lot of playing time because they don’t have a lot of guards. Also, it seems like her faith is going to contribute in her decision and Baylor is a Christian school. Also, she wants to play for championships and Baylor has 3 championships and Louisville has none. Also, on social media, hailey follows a lot of the Baylor players and one of the assistant coaches and she doesn’t follow any of the coaching staff of Louisville. She also follows Hannah gusters and Sarah Andrews and they both have said that they weren’t done yet so I assume they know where hailey is going. Hailey also visited Baylor last with the other 2 and it was billed as “the big 3” and I feel like that is the final nail in the coffin. I think Baylor got her. Wish Saturday was here already

Saw those tweets also. Hope they are correct!!!

Reaction Score
If Baylor lands Hailey Van Lith then where does that recruiting class shift to?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kim has definitely proven her ability to close with recruits. It seems like she gets almost every big fish she really trains her sights on.

Keeping them around, well, that's another story.

Reaction Score
Kim has definitely proven her ability to close with recruits. It seems like she gets almost every big fish she really trains her sights on.

Keeping them around, well, that's another story.

Well she has personally gotten rid of 2 of the last 3. So she gets them and let's the cream float to the top....LC, Nalyssa, DiDi, etc

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
- Sela Heide

Maybe it's a Washington thing, but her recruitment has been totally silent. She's outside Seattle but still in King County. Can't recall her getting much if any attention from local media.

Reaction Score
I think Diamond Johnson ends up Rutgers. It’s close to home and there’s a decent class and team to play with next year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think Diamond Johnson ends up Rutgers. It’s close to home and there’s a decent class and team to play with next year.

I hope you are right. I'm worried about Dawn and SC.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right. I'm worried about Dawn and SC.
Two point guards already there. Cooke and Henderson will be the two guards after Harris leaves. So she’ll only have one year to start. I don’t think she goes to UVA because there’s nothing there, but Tina Thompson which is prolly why she listed them. NC State is a good spot for her, but I don’t see that either. Boston College? Please! I think either Rutgers or NC State.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Diamond Johnson end up at UVA or NC State. She only moved to Philly in February of 2018 so she could be with her ailing dad. Prior to that she lived with her mom in Hampton, VA since fifth grade. So to me that very much puts the Cavs or Pack in play as much as Rutgers. I doubt she goes to BC and I’m not sure that Philly connection is enough to bring her to SC where they have good depth at positions Diamond and Eniya Russell play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom