Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 149 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
That is an old list.
I thought it was weird that it didn't appear on her twitter or instagram. I checked Raoul's page and he has the same list on his site. He gives the source as this video, which shows as published August 18th:

I don't doubt that newer information exists but I couldn't find it for public consumption.

I don't really think Van Lith is prospect for ND, so it wouldn't shock me if a couple of the other schools on that list are red herrings, too.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought it was weird that it didn't appear on her twitter or instagram. I checked Raoul's page and he has the same list on his site. He gives the source as this video, which shows as published August 18th:

I don't doubt that newer information exists but I couldn't find it for public consumption.

I don't really think Van Lith is prospect for ND, so it wouldn't shock me if a couple of the other schools on that list are red herrings, too.

The list in the video comes from the reporter. I think he added that based on a list Hailey Van Lith may have put out in Feb. UConn hasn’t been involved with her for several months. Sounds like Baylor, OSU and Louisville are still involved with her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That video with Hailey Van Lith's list of schools was re-upped by the reporter on his YT page the other day. That caused all kinds of confusion as the Baylor board posted it thinking it was new. Van Lith hasn't released any lists to this point.
:eek:Maybe these reporters should start reading the By before publishing.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sonia Citron receives offer from Notre Dame.
Sonia Citron, Ursuline basketball standout, picks up offer from Notre Dame

Since the U16 FIBA Americas Championships in Puerto Aysen, Chile, Citron has received a bushel of offers from schools, including Stanford and Oregon. Now, the Irish -- who have been following her -- have entered the fray.
Will be interesting to see if she/her family take an unofficial trip to South Bend this fall.

(Tip of the hat to ND Hoops Recruits and RI Steve for retweeting this information...)

Regarding 2020 Irish Recruiting news, Maddy Westbeld is supposedly taking her OV at UCLA this weekend (Overdue credit to Raoul, other sources.) Other finalists include Tennessee, Louisville, Ohio State and Notre Dame. She's scheduled to come to ND Oct. 12, along with Caitlin Clark and 2020 verbal commit Alli Campbell.

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, this is the same player who "used to be a UConn fan" but then had no interest in? But now has UConn in their top 12?

I know kids can have changes of heart and say things without thinking long-term, so just know, I'm only giving her a hard time in jest. But looks like we can move her to UConn Recruiting information hahaha

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, this is the same player who "used to be a UConn fan" but then had no interest in? But now has UConn in their top 12?

But looks like we can move her to UConn Recruiting information hahaha

Already there. There was social media interaction between her and the coaching staff back in July after UConn watched her play AAU.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith may be on a visit to UCLA -- it would be an interesting choice with Owens and Osborne in 2019.

Reaction Score
The AAC lands another top-100 prospects, Coriah Beck from Arkansas committed to Memphis.

This makes four non-UConn top-100 players headed to AAC schools:
#49 - Jerkaila Jordan - Tulane
#66 - Laila Blair - Houston
#80 - Riane Burton - Cincinnati
#85 - Coriah Beck - Memphis

Reaction Score
Wow I sure didn’t see that one coming, if they can add Fatou Samb also from Texas, they could really be on to something.
And Kaitlyn Chen from California as well. She appears to have high interest in Harvard, and Olson said she is one of the elite 2020 PGs at Nike Nationals in 2018. That would be a very impressive three player class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The girl who famously shut down Sam Brunelle as a freshmen a couple years ago is making a name for herself on the AAU circuit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I suppose this would technically belong in a transfer thread, but 2019 HG #83 Leilani Correa (5-10 guard) is transferring from West Virginia to St. John's.

Will she have to sit a year?

Reaction Score
I suppose this would technically belong in a transfer thread, but 2019 HG #83 Leilani Correa (5-10 guard) is transferring from West Virginia to Stc. John's.

Well that was quick! Once again, WVU is going to have some talent but a very thin roster -- too thin.

EDIT: On taking a look at the WVU roster, I reconsidered the "thin roster" comment. The roster still includes 12 players excluding Tynice Martin and includes a sprinkling of known talent.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I suppose this would technically belong in a transfer thread, but 2019 HG #83 Leilani Correa (5-10 guard) is transferring from West Virginia to St. John's.

Will she have to sit a year?

:confused:? Huh? Was summer school or frosh O (freshman orientation) that bad that she bolted back to the metro NYC region? Can you have an annullment of a scholarship when you don't even make it to the official start of practice?

Correa has always reminded me of a less refined Celese Taylor: excelelnt defender, goes to the hoop well, rebounds and plays defense; but not as technical as Taylor on offense. Needs that kind of coach.

St. John's now has two former superb NJ-high schools transfers: Correa joins post Raven Farley Clark, who lasted a year+ at LSU.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Leilani is a happenin' name these days.

Raoul is reporting that 2020 HG #9 Leilani Kapinus (5-10 guard from Wisconsin) just took an official visit to LSU (@SECbbfan24 ).

Kapinus's twitter currently shows a geographically well-distributed top 15 of Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State and Wisconsin (6 Big Ten, 4 SEC, 2 ACC, one Pac-12, one Big 12, one Big East).

Reaction Score
Leilani is a happenin' name these days.

Raoul is reporting that 2020 HG #9 Leilani Kapinus (5-10 guard from Wisconsin) just took an official visit to LSU (@SECbbfan24 ).

Kapinus's twitter currently shows a geographically well-distributed top 15 of Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State and Wisconsin (6 Big Ten, 4 SEC, 2 ACC, one Pac-12, one Big 12, one Big East).
Some much needed good news for @SECbbfan24 :D:p

She was also recently cleared after tearing her ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom