Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was sarcasm as to why would anyone want to go to OU??? They are horrible and recently lost to Florida by 20.
Well, by 19. And I went to OU, albeit not to play women's basketball. Yeah, no longer seem to have a WBB team the football team can be proud of. Sheri still got the hair goin' on though....

upload_2017-12-5_20-30-30.png

Reaction Score
Well, by 19. And I went to OU, albeit not to play women's basketball. Yeah, no longer seem to have a WBB team the football team can be proud of. Sheri still got the hair goin' on though....

View attachment 26742

Oh there's no doubt OU is a fine university but Coale has that program in a dumpster fire. Love the hair though.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
That was sarcasm as to why would anyone want to go to OU??? They are horrible and recently lost to Florida by 20.

I'm looking forward to watching OU play tonight @South Dakota State, since It's on ESPN3. Massey predicts OU losing to them 72-76.

USF plays @OU on Saturday, so I'm hopeful that they win tonight.

I find it somewhat curious that USF has not been able to successfully recruit better home grown talent, considering that we have now been consistently ranked in the top 25 for a number of years. As a result, out of necessity, we end up signing mostly overseas talent. Perhaps, that has more to do with being in the AAC because, other than UConn, our conference schools do not sign many top 100 players.

FWIW, We did sign one international player in the early signing period, who I'm fairly sure nobody here has ever heard of before.

Women’s Basketball Announces First Early Signee

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh there's no doubt OU is a fine university but Coale has that program in a dumpster fire. Love the hair though.

If Coale can't right the ship (bring her program out of it's current nose dive), MAYBE it's time for the AD to go in a different direction. I said maybe. OU hasn't been relevant in BIG 12 conference play for some time. I'm not suggesting termination just yet. Her program has not been able to establish a firm toe-hold for some time. It may be time for Coale to load up the old "Sooner Schooner" and move on to her next stop.

images

Coale's numbers at OU
during her 20 years as the head coach of Oklahoma -

Six Big 12 Regular Season Championships, 59 All-Big 12 Team selections, the 112 Academic All-Big 12 honors, the four Big 12 Tournament Championships, the 14 All-District Academic Team members, the 18 straight NCAA Tournament appearances, the four Academic All-America Team Members, 13 All-Americans and nine Sweet 16 appearances.

Getting her teams involved within the Sooner family and the community has always been a priority for Coale. She believes it's important for her student-athletes to give back to the community that supports them. Each player under Coale's supervision has participated in the Sooner Big Sis Program, a program that enables players to volunteer their time as mentors and teacher's aides to elementary schools in the Norman community.

Sooner Big Sis Program - I'd like to see other women's college athletic programs across the board get involved, or start their own version of this type of program.

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn has shown some interest in Saylor Poffenbarger. We'll see where it goes. She's 2021, a 5-10 G/W with long arms and has a real nice game. Her size, length and game are very similar to another 2021 kid from MA, Caroline Ducharme (5-10 G), who I think attended the Cal game with her family.

Poffenbarger's mother is her high school coach and played ball at Missouri.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn has shown some interest in Saylor Poffenbarger. We'll see where it goes. She's 2021, a 5-10 G/W with long arms and has a real nice game. Her size, length and game are very similar to another 2021 kid from MA, Caroline Ducharme (5-10 G), who I think attended the Cal game with her family.

Ducharme was at the Maryland game with Amari DeBerry.

Have you seen Poffenbarger or Ducharme play?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ducharme was at the Maryland game with Amari DeBerry.

Have you seen Poffenbarger or Ducharme play?

Ah, the Maryland game. I knew it was that weekend.

No on Poffenbarger and once for Ducharme. What I've read suggests their games are very similar (tall guards with long arms, athletic, good shooters, really smart). I think Ducharme tore her acl over the summer so didn't play AAU ball and is likely out for her freshman season at Noble and Greenough. She was a starter as an 8th grader. Tough kid.

Brenda has offered both players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I find it somewhat curious that USF has not been able to successfully recruit better home grown talent, considering that we have now been consistently ranked in the top 25 for a number of years. As a result, out of necessity, we end up signing mostly overseas talent. Perhaps, that has more to do with being in the AAC because, other than UConn, our conference schools do not sign many top 100 players.

Women’s Basketball Announces First Early Signee

The conference doesn't help much, I'm sure, but to be honest Jose should be doing better with domestic recruiting, especially now that his best-ever player is a star in the WNBA.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The conference doesn't help much, I'm sure, but to be honest Jose should be doing better with domestic recruiting, especially now that his best-ever player is a star in the WNBA.

I feel the same way about it.

I do see USF named among the "favorites" more than in the past, but we haven't closed on any recently.

The USF MBB team, under our new coach, held a showcase for top talent during the summer and it was very well attended and received, even though we are and have been a terrible MBB team.

So, I then asked myself, considering our relative success in WBB, "Why Jose hasn't done that in the past?"

If he did, he would have probably stood a better chance of landing some of them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dawn and the entire staff out in Cali this week. Seems they are pushing hard for Haley's verbal.

Lots of schools watching Jones. Oregon and Stanford were represented there too.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If Stanford offers and she gets accepted then you can call it.

Not sure if Jones is a high academic prospect but if so, she’s a NorCal kid that just got offered to play basketball at a great academic D1 and coached by a great. Not a hard decision but then again I’m not making it. So many factors go into these things.

SC is going after a lot of wings/big guards in the 2019 class. We have significant needs at just about every position 2-5 with point guard and power forward being the least critical.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Not sure if Jones is a high academic prospect but if so, she’s a NorCal kid that just got offered to play basketball at a great academic D1 and coached by a great. Not a hard decision but then again I’m not making it. So many factors go into these things.
Factors smactors. Dawn needs a score. A couple of big scores. I'm rootin' for y'all.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

SC is going after a lot of wings/big guards in the 2019 class. We have significant needs at just about every position 2-5 with point guard and power forward being the least critical.
"Jones, who made honor roll her freshman year with a 4.0 GPA, is the daughter of two coaches."
Women's basketball prospect Haley Jones looks to lift Archbishop Mitty at Nike Tournament of Champions

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I dislike this edition of @JordyG!
And would prefer this version reappear ASAP.

Please get it together.

Geno often provides contradictory statements as needed to achieve his goals. :cool:

quote-a-foolish-consistency-is-the-hobgoblin-of-little-minds-adored-by-little-statesmen-and-philosophers-ralph-waldo-emerson-327418.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
now-which-one-5a2ace.jpg

Hold on, I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin'.

Why choose? If you are UConn, you can get both. Of course, if you have to choose, I pick the one on the right. TALLER.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why choose? If you are UConn, you can get both. Of course, if you have to choose, I pick the one on the right. TALLER.
Careful. She may be a slow learner but when she gets it, it's gotten for life. She (Sansa) is a prime example that past is prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom