Non-UConn fan roll call | The Boneyard

Non-UConn fan roll call

For non-UConn fans only: Which team do you root for?

• Baylor

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Duke

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Louisville

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Maryland

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mississippi State

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (sorry UNC, Stanford, Tenn, Texas, et al fans, ran out of choice options)

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
C'mon, friends, let us know who's out there. I encourage you to check in, but if you're shy, please take a sec to click on our poll.

On edit: This is for non-UConn fans, not to ask UConn fans which other teams they might be rooting for. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
In addition to being a Golden Husky I'm also a Golden Cardinal (Stanford), Golden Buffalo (Colorado) and Golden Lion (Columbia). Four daughters, four colleges. But for some reason, my rooting interests are more firmly planted in Storrs than anywhere else. Might have something to do with this old sports journalist appreciating how quotable and accessible Geno is to the media and how UConn has been able to sustain a level of excellence unparalleled in the sport.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
a8d2195bedd77be3ebb76e563e5d4734.jpg

Reaction Score
Per my name my home team is Baylor. I have other favorites and tend to root for all Big 12 teams when they are not playing Baylor.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Baylor/UConn/LSU

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am a Texas Longhorn fan. I have been reading the Boneyard since the days when UConn fans were worried Sue Bird would not be up to the task of playing point guard for the Huskies. Bird had been playing 2-guard until injuries left the Huskies without a starting pg.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I didn't vote, since as a UConn fan I don't qualify. However, if we were to use the "ranked preference" system that the State of Maine has recently made famous, my second preference is Notre Dame. In part, that is because I have two brothers who have earned degrees in South Bend, but also because I like the way Muffet's teams play for the same reason that I like how Geno's teams play.

When UConn is not the opponent, I always root for ND, and I always root for the Irish in sports other than WCBB.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm with you there. OSU and UW first and foremost for me, then Stanford, then everybody else.
I root for the Pac-12 no matter the team. Mostly UCLA and OSU though.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Didn't vote because I am a UConn WCBB fan. For everything else, especially cross country and track, I root for Dartmouth. And... as I voted for ranked choice voting in the Maine referendum, I usually support—except when they play UConn—ND, DePaul and a few others with fine program values.

Reaction Score
Also follow the Maryland women (daughter in school there) and WVU where I matriculated. Son is now at George Mason. Missed seeing Natalie Butler play by one year.:(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom