Non-Key Tweets | Page 907 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
From my non-lawyering perspective, we don't "know much about them" because we know everything about them. It's a straightforward and simple contract and it hasn't been challenged or tested because it's so straightforward no one has bothered to try and wiggle out of it.
What do you mean by simple? In their wording that is probably true. Yet there have been quite a few administrators on record who have said they have lawyers looking at the GORs. You must know something they do not.

They have not been challenged yet, true. I’d bet a challenge is coming though. Too much money at stake for the handful of schools who could be P2 bound.

Also, the next time that schools are added to a conference without signing a new GOR will be the first. That will be a big test.

Reaction Score
Everybody is just piling on with speculation because it's in the middle of summer and there's nothing else to write about. I have to say, I'm pretty chill this go round. If we end up getting the invite from the big 12 and finally get a seat at the big boy table, it's all good. If rule one raises its ugly head and we end up in the Big East, that's not so bad. I've enjoyed our time in the conference, with all its flaws. That's far different from when we were in the American and every single opportunity to get out of that suck fest seemed life or death.

Same. As an independent in football we have a lower ceiling. But we haven’t even gotten close to that ceiling yet. So I’m just not going to worry about it.

Honestly the worst case scenario for us is if the Big 12 takes a bunch of basketball onlies from the Bjg East but that seems unlikely.

Reaction Score
As the white outfitted cowboy gunslinging dude in the vids says in the bar as he is about to plug a bad guy, "Might I suggest that you need a better class of friends". Although born in Texas, I have lived almost my entire life in the northeast and literally have never heard those kinds of remarks. And statistically if that was a factor, it would have been analysed to death a long ago. Were you being serious or facetious?
I didn't say these are my friends but I've had to deal with these people throughout my life. You don't have to look further than this board and UConn Twitter to see these clowns.

Reaction Score
I didn't say these are my friends but I've had to deal with these people throughout my life. You don't have to look further than this board and UConn Twitter to see these clowns.
Can’t disagree with you on this point.
Maybe it’s the timeframe when one was raised. Once UCONN started winning many of our fan base became “experts” on all things college hoops. Syracuse and Providence fans are the same. UMass would love to be but they never won.
The attitude still hovers around kinda like the good ol boys down south where I live.

Reaction Score
Most of what is said is out of frustration and there has been very little of it.

Reaction Score
Is this a SDSU thing where they leave before they have another home?
Lmao. Ill believe this one when i see it. ACC schools let them walk and every school will want to get out from under that GOR.

Reaction Score
If FSU was leaving next year, they would have to send the ACC notice by August 15....not on the agenda of BOT meeting August 2.

Reaction Score

This guy thinks August 1st deadline and if no PAC team then UConn gets the call

I think the key to what he said is the other schools in the mix (Oregon Washington) have to be willing to sign a long term GOR. That would prove they want to be in the BIG XII and not just using it as a place holder.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If FSU was leaving next year, they would have to send the ACC notice by August 15....not on the agenda of BOT meeting August 2.
It’s an interesting situation with FSU. I pondered the GOR in a UNC to the B1G scenario this morning and concluded it was essentially impossible. Fox would put the risk of ESPN claiming revenues (on UNC content produced and aired by Fox) back on the B1G, which would have to put it on UNC. Otherwise any addition adds production cost and no revenue for Fox. UNC wouldn’t move to make less or no money.

But ESPN has the right to broadcast FSU home games in either the ACC or SEC. So the GOR isn’t really an obstacle. But would ESPN, struggling financially and laying people off, decide to pay FSU twice as much? I remain convinced there is no out for any ACC school until the GOR ends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom