Non-Key Tweets | Page 902 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Lately? People have been saying that as long as I can remember.

Yeah it’s something people used with people that were actually familiar. Now it’s like every stranger on the internet. It’s stupid.

Reaction Score
I would think at least one of two things would need to happen before any additional programs are invited:

1) Colorado Press Conference
2) Pac-12 Media Deal

I doubt they would step on Colorado's shine within 48 hours of their return. And/or seeing how the Zonas react to the Pac-12 deal, which I call The Prince That Was Promised.

Reaction Score
There's been FSU and Clemson "smoke" for over a year. It's a secret to no one that both are actively trying to figure out if the ACC's GOR is breakable to initiate the possibility of a move to the SEC.

These kinds of tweets are so ridiculous with how vague they are and the canyon of plausible deniability for the author when the situation doesn't come to fruition. In the past, Flug was a lot better at provide more specifics. Day by day he's turning into another version of Swaim/MHV/Dude.

Reaction Score
This is the Big12 trying to create urgency from PAC schools. They would def go to 16 if they can.
I just don't understand why they're hell bent on adding more teams from a conference that couldn't secure any sort of TV deal. Does the Big 12 think those same schools are worth more just by switching conferences? They may be incrementally by virtue of gaining exposure in more eastern time zones, but would you bend over backwards to pay them $32 million a year?

Reaction Score
I just don't understand why they're hell bent on adding more teams from a conference that couldn't secure any sort of TV deal. Does the Big 12 think those same schools are worth more just by switching conferences? They may be incrementally by virtue of gaining exposure in more eastern time zones, but would you bend over backwards to pay them $32 million a year?

Because they are worth more on the Big 12 than they are in PAC.

Reaction Score
I agree. Personally, I don't really see the Colorado value either but ill take pairing with them. If I was the BIG12 I take Uconn for the East, then wait and see what happens with the ACC because I see more potential value to bolster the East than I do with adding any more PAC. As they said with us, they will always be there if needed. But at some point, I see Florida and Clemson in the SEC and Carolina and maybe Virginia in the BIG then there is plenty more to pick from in either direction.

Reaction Score
From the article

It almost seemed like a done deal for
the Huskies to leave the Big East for the more financially lucrative waters of the Big 12. That is until yesterday when ACC commissioner James Phillips, hoping to talk about anything other than his most prominent teams wanting to leave the conference and his involvement in everything that went down in the Northwestern scandal, made a public announcement declaring the ACC open for expansion also.

Reaction Score
From the article

the Huskies to leave the Big East for the more financially lucrative waters of the Big 12. That is until yesterday when ACC commissioner James Phillips, hoping to talk about anything other than his most prominent teams wanting to leave the conference and his involvement in everything that went down in the Northwestern scandal, made a public announcement declaring the ACC open for expansion also.

This is quite literally the strangest article I've ever read.

I read it twice and still have no clue what it has to do with Arkansas.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Phillips (ACC chief) said something because far too much time was passing where every major conference was in the news except the ACC. That was nothing more than the obligatory "yes, we're still breathing" announcement to the general public.

Tossing out the notion that they may be willing to expand further was nothing more than pretending they still have some gravitas. They don't.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
From the article

I love that the author seems to think UConn has not one, but two standing P5 invites, and just can’t decide which one of them to take. We’re fast approaching peak detachment from reality at this point.

Reaction Score
From the article

Interesting. But this is all just speculation.

Reaction Score
The weird thing is it's not written as speculation. It's written as if it's fact. Imagine this dude with 104 Twitter followers broke UConn to the ACC

It is. All these guys think they know all the answers.

It’s like he saying we are sitting on two invites. It’s preposterous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom