Non-Key Tweets | Page 715 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What a bunch of . When I was attending UConn we had an ice storm during exam week. Power was out on the entire campus. They still forced everyone to take final exams. It was tough reading those questions in the freakin' dark!

Reaction Score
What a bunch of . When I was attending UConn we had an ice storm during exam week. Power was out on the entire campus. They still forced everyone to take final exams. It was tough reading those questions in the freakin' dark!
I call BS, you drank a lot instead ;)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The darkness wasn't a power failure, but a blackout.

In the UP of Michigan, it was required to take the exams drunk. They called it rigor.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I did, but that was business as usual and beside the point. That was the day I decided I was moving somewhere tropical after graduation and I've made good on that pledge ever since. I've never been so cold in my entire life, and it will never happen again. I'm the wimp!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There will never be a colder winter in Eastern Connecticut than 1995-1996.

I was interning nights at WILI and it would have been subhuman to not let some random people sleep in the lobby when I was working in the early hours of the morning.

I still live in Eastern Connecticut and we've had more snow since - but that combination of wind and cold was incredible.

Even last year when I started my drive to work at double digits below zero for a week or two - at least by sunrise it was usually back to zero with a calm wind.

Reaction Score
Down in Florida...we call that long drunken period during exams a "cat 5 maintain".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Until UConn cancelled classes for Hurricane Gloria in 1985 (while I was at Storrs) UConn had not cancelled classes since JFK as assassinated. Sadly, my dad was out of town and my grandmother was visiting, so I went home to help at the house and missed some epic hurricane parties. Ted's liquor store literally ran out of beer and had to restock. There were people everywhere carrying two cases of beer around as we drove away from campus.

But then, Storrs is the safest place in the country.

Reaction Score
Until UConn cancelled classes for Hurricane Gloria in 1985 (while I was at Storrs) UConn had not cancelled classes since JFK as assassinated. Sadly, my dad was out of town and my grandmother was visiting, so I went home to help at the house and missed some epic hurricane parties. Ted's liquor store literally ran out of beer and had to restock. There were people everywhere carrying two cases of beer around as we drove away from campus.

But then, Storrs is the safest place in the country.

I was there and partied for the both of us.

Reaction Score
There will never be a colder winter in Eastern Connecticut than 1995-1996.

I was interning nights at WILI and it would have been subhuman to not let some random people sleep in the lobby when I was working in the early hours of the morning.

I still live in Eastern Connecticut and we've had more snow since - but that combination of wind and cold was incredible.

Even last year when I started my drive to work at double digits below zero for a week or two - at least by sunrise it was usually back to zero with a calm wind.
I was there for the blizzard in the 70s at Eastern. It was a drunken party fest. Shovel, buy beer, party...repeat
God Bless Fosey Saba.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
image.png
Oh no!

Reaction Score
Looks like years of eating milk duds and drinking dew in his basement in front of his computer have finally caught up with the dud.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I was there too. Dec. '73 the big ice storm, no heat or power during finals - no cancellations.

Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I had no clue about these Facebook fake news sites. Someone could have made a killing off fake conference realignment news.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I had no clue about these Facebook fake news sites. Someone could have made a killing off fake conference realignment news.

If only the Dude ever figured out how to monetize it he'd be out of his moms basement by now...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
By the looks of the cars Fishy and Tom are driving I'd say some people already did.

They even had their own private car wash where they got their fake tips from. :D

That is bull s--- and as soon as he's done feeding the tigers, I am going to have my butler put together a very strongly-worded rebuttal.

PS - If anyone is looking to pick up some part-time work, I need someone to press the 'post reply' button for me. It is just exhausting.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Heads Up BTM (Big Ten Man) has some new info on Big Ten's perception in regards to Amazon's attempt to enter into Live Sport Content.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
BTM "Amazon getting into Live Sport Content, first into Professional Leagues, followed by Collegiate Sports, has already altered...."

BTM ".....has already altered the relationship between ESPN and FOX. It has brought them closer than ever before."

BTM "Amazon does not worked well with others. 3 or 4 years from now FOX, ESPN, NBC, CBS and TNT's turf will be challenged by Amazon."

BTM "Perception is Amazon's first target will eventually become a small NBA or MLB rights package".

BTM "Big Ten selling their streaming rights to Amazon before 2022/23 is legally possible, independent of established Media rights".

BTM "When it comes to Big Ten...ultimately ESPN choosed to invest in 2nd half of Big Ten Media rights not to deter FOX, but reinforce..."

BTM "....to reinforce relationship with Big Ten and reposition itself with FOX to help maintain their market space vs new media interest"

BTM "Amazon will first try to obtain small steaming packages from NBA and MLB"

Tony Sirnick ‏@attorneytony 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire or Big 12?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 57m57 minutes ago
@attorneytony Good question. I will ask. Potential problem with LHN/Disney...& FOX with other 3rd tier rights of other B12 schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom