Non-Key Tweets | Page 692 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Any school that has content people want to watch will make "gold" in streaming. You are drastically underestimating how TV is going to change which is strange because its' been going on for a couple of years now. Schools like UConn, ISU, etc who have real fans who want to watch games will always be valuable even without a big football resume.

Your statement reads like "There's no way people will buy water in plastic bottles" "No way they will use a phone instead of a camera, computer, and GPS", "No way people will share cars", etc...

Millennials are a whole different breed and they are going to be running the show here shortly.

That's assuming millennials will be interested in live sports programming.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Well, they (I) watch soccer. So that will be fine. Football is going to take a hit for other reasons in the future. The sport's numbers are going down in the 15-24 age range (at least NFL). Basketball will be fine though, which is why if the Big 12 rejects us, it's eastern independent football and Big East for everything else.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Well, they (I) watch soccer. So that will be fine. Football is going to take a hit for other reasons in the future. The sport's numbers are going down in the 15-24 age range (at least NFL). Basketball will be fine though, which is why if the Big 12 rejects us, it's eastern independent football and Big East for everything else.

Well, that's one person's opinion. I'd like to see some data to support it. NBA may be the only sport that will capture millennials.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm not a millennial and the sports that I've stopped watching with any regularity include the NHL (whalers and I don't watch it at all, zero, haven't since they left), MLB (too boring, too long a season filled with meaningless games), and the NFL (after a Saturday watching CFB I don't need anymore FB). I've never watched that much NBA (no team).

Reaction Score
I'm not a millennial and the sports that I've stopped watching with any regularity include the NHL (whalers and I don't watch it at all, zero, haven't since they left), MLB (too boring, too long a season filled with meaningless games), and the NFL (after a Saturday watching CFB I don't need anymore FB). I've never watched that much NBA (no team).

So what exactly would you say you do (watch)?

sorry scuba but the bobs are in my head.

Reaction Score

That's about where I'm as as well. MLB is more boring than golf, and that's saying something. I watch NFL on Sunday/Monday nights and that is casual, maybe catching a quarter.

I am actually missing the Tuesday MAC football games that were on last season more than any of the stuff I quit watching.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So what exactly would you say you do (watch)?

sorry scuba but the bobs are in my head.

I used to watch all that religiously. I had whaler season tickets, watched every Yankees game between 1976 and 2013, and spent Sundays watching the NFL.

I now watch college FB, the Uconn MBB, and the EPL on Sunday mornings.

If I find myself on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon, I might flip on a Nascar race or a decent NFL game, but I'm just as likely to watch the news, a movie or nothing at all.

Reaction Score
I used to watch all that religiously. I had whaler season tickets, watched every Yankees game between 1976 and 2013, and spent Sundays watching the NFL.

I now watch college FB, the Uconn MBB, and the EPL on Sunday mornings.

If I find myself on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon, I might flip on a Nascar race or a decent NFL game, but I'm just as likely to watch the news, a movie or nothing at all.
It's like I'm staring into a mirror (minus the whalers tickets, and not a Yankee fan). Used to watch all sports like it was my job; all football and hoops - pro and college, baseball, hockey, golf majors.... Now it is only UConn FB, UConn BB, EPL, and NFL on Sunday afternoons if we have nothing else going on, and there's no new movies/Netflix series.

Reaction Score
whoops, I meant DB not BD

#DayDrinking

He says only BYU, Houston and Cinci are being seriously considered. Good thing his opinion is worth as much as the stuff they pump out of a porta-potty.

Reaction Score
He says only BYU, Houston and Cinci are being seriously considered. Good thing his opinion is worth as much as the stuff they pump out of a porta-potty.

Interesting that it claims WVU would be against Cinci. If true that is surprising as it was somewhat assumed that another school in the same time zone would be good for them.

I hate to say it but it would be better for UConn if OU and UT were highly ranked this season.

Reaction Score
A recent survey showed that many millennials don't eat breakfast cereal because it is too much of a hassle to clean up - compared to on-the-go breakfast sandwiches or the like. Who knows what they'll be interested in down the road!

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 19h19 hours ago
Hell of a lot of things changing as we speak. UH upping the pressure on UT. Boren mad as hell. Update coming later this evening.

I wonder which conversation is more civilized - XII expansion talks (sounds like UH knows they are as good as they are going to get so they are desperate to move forward now) or last night's Presidential debate. At least we know the Election, for better or worse, will be over on November 8th.

Reaction Score
I wonder which conversation is more civilized - XII expansion talks (sounds like UH knows they are as good as they are going to get so they are desperate to move forward now) or last night's Presidential debate. At least we know the Election, for better or worse, will be over on November 8th.

Maybe not...remember 2000???? ;)

Reaction Score
Maybe not...remember 2000???? ;)

I do and was trying to forget, especially if these two clowns are involved.

Though, it would give me some extra time to move to Canada.

PS - If I move to Canada, would I get in-state tuition for my kids to go to Syracuse?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom